Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thrash, not Jacobs, will be the other starter (merged)

skinsfan93

because he is another younger guy that has yet to prove himself. Thrash has been the team's best ST player and one of the hardest workers plus he has started almost 3 years worth of games in the NFL.

people keep shorting Thrash but he did have 60 catches in Philly on a team that went to the NFC Title game.

Thrash can't be a starting receiver, it would remove too many packages from the Redskins' arsenal.

Thrash will have to be the main kickoff returner as well as punt returner because Ladell Betts will miss the game. He also has been used as an extra tight end/h-back in jumbo formations. He is a good blocker.

If Jacobs struggles, Thrash will still be able to come in and do fine. But optimally, Thrash will remain as the 3rd wideout so he can continue to perform his other duties.

I know we are yet to see Jacobs this season. And I would never wish any injury on any sports player (well maybe Jerry Jones), but I think Pattens injury is a good thing. He has not been good for us all season, and I personally didnt think he would be. Moss is short and so is Patten and 2 short recievers just wont fly it. I always been a Jacobs fan. Jacobs and Danarian McCants were who i use to root for...but we'll see this sunday what happens because they will double moss, and this will be a opp.

Do you know how classless you sound saying Patten's injury is a good thing? An injury to a player on your favorite team is never a good thing. Definetly to a guy with such a great work ethic as Patten. Does anyone stop and think to themselves at all that maybe he was playing with intense pain before they join the Jacobs circle jerk? I, like everyone, will be rooting for TJ to play well, but I will not kick Patten while he is down. Everyone should be hoping he heals well and comes back to be a very good #2/#3 next season.

Do you know how classless you sound saying Patten's injury is a good thing? An injury to a player on your favorite team is never a good thing. Definetly to a guy with such a great work ethic as Patten. Does anyone stop and think to themselves at all that maybe he was playing with intense pain before they join the Jacobs circle jerk? I, like everyone, will be rooting for TJ to play well, but I will not kick Patten while he is down. Everyone should be hoping he heals well and comes back to be a very good #2/#3 next season.

Indeed.

Patten

I think he is the better number 2 he just has either been playing injured or was in a massive slump. Hes an experienced talented reciever, and thats why there are so many PI's called on corners defending him cause they have to.

Jacobs has alot to prove, but he certainly has all the tools.

Thrash, I think the guy is a really great guy and a really good all arround football player. I think hes most dangerous in the number 3 role though.

I know we are yet to see Jacobs this season. And I would never wish any injury on any sports player (well maybe Jerry Jones), but I think Pattens injury is a good thing. He has not been good for us all season, and I personally didnt think he would be. Moss is short and so is Patten and 2 short recievers just wont fly it. I always been a Jacobs fan. Jacobs and Danarian McCants were who i use to root for...but we'll see this sunday what happens because they will double moss, and this will be a opp.

I have to think Patten has been sketchy since that awkward catch he had in pre-season. He was tearin' it up before then. I think we'll see a Brunell-style come back from Patten next year (in the system, 100%, has Santana across from him). I think he was hurtin' a little more then we know. And a good reciever with a bum wheel can look very average (not coming out of his cuts clean, not pushing off a jam, etc...).

That being said, speed kills and Jacobs has SM-like speed...

Archived