Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

curse of the burgandy jerseys?

FightForOldDC21

We wore them agains the cowboys this year and scored two tds in the final two minutes. So I would say no on the curse. But we dont do so good in Tampa we lost a playoff game in 99 thanks to the Turk brothers.

I may be wrong, but I think this was the first game this year we wore burgundy jerseys.

:logo: :applause:

I can list a handfull of tough losses with the burgandy uniforms.

1992:

24-27 loss at Pheonix. We were ahead 24-10 I think at one point and were on cruise control but rypien throws a couple of key picks and ne is returned for a TD. We come back and get into Pheonix territory but lohnmiller misses a 48 yarder to tie it.

1993:

31-34 loss at philly. Reggie brooks has his best game including an 80 yards td rum and cary conklin has a decent game but philly wins in a late comeback.

6-10 loss to the rams. Just a disgusting performance and we could have won that one.

1994 :

21-26 loss in tampa This will be a recurring theme.

we were up 21-6 on a pair of deep bombs from shuler to howard and truitt but TB comes back and beats up on the last drive.

17-21 loss in philly:

lose a close one on sunday night football.

1995:

6-14 loss to tampa

We have the ball 3rd n goal on the tampa one. We execute a perfect PA pass and Freotte has a wide open FB in the end zone and he drops it. TB intercepts the next pass.

34-37 loss in philly. Garner and Watters both run for 100 yards as philly comes from behind to beat us.

1996: 10-24 loss in tampa

Not exactly a tought loss we were just dominated

14-17 loss at dallas

Need I say more. Dallas drives for the GW FG as we dominated most of this game but cowboys win.

1998:

12-17 loss at philly.

Both teams were 0-5 as philly squeaks out and wins an ugly game.

1999 :(didn't wear burgandy) 13-14 playoff loss to tampa

quite frankly I dont wanna talk about it.

2001:

7-9 loss at dallas

Stephen davis turns the ball over at a critical time to allow dallas to kick the GW FG.

2003:

25-27 loss at philly

Came back from behind but did not recover onside kick.

14-21 loss at dallas

nuff said

2004:

10-13 loss at dallas

yall remember this game craytons last minute TD

2005:

35-36 loss at tampa

questionable calls on both ends but a tough loss altogether.

Burgandy uni's equals tough losses

Notable burdandy uni games in the past worth noting

36-6 loss at pheonix

24-17 win at dallas

24-10 win at carolina

14-28 loss at tennesse

2000 '

35-16 win at Jax

2001 the burgandy at home year

13-45 loss to kc

17-14 win vs carolina

35-21 win vs giants

27-14 win vs seattle

20-17 win vs ari

27-20 win vs seattle

Thoughts on this???

I can list a handfull of tough losses with the burgandy uniforms.

1992:

24-27 loss at Pheonix. We were ahead 24-10 I think at one point and were on cruise control but rypien throws a couple of key picks and ne is returned for a TD. We come back and get into Pheonix territory but lohnmiller misses a 48 yarder to tie it.

1993:

31-34 loss at philly. Reggie brooks has his best game including an 80 yards td rum and cary conklin has a decent game but philly wins in a late comeback.

6-10 loss to the rams. Just a disgusting performance and we could have won that one.

1994 :

21-26 loss in tampa This will be a recurring theme.

we were up 21-6 on a pair of deep bombs from shuler to howard and truitt but TB comes back and beats up on the last drive.

17-21 loss in philly:

lose a close one on sunday night football.

1995:

6-14 loss to tampa

We have the ball 3rd n goal on the tampa one. We execute a perfect PA pass and Freotte has a wide open FB in the end zone and he drops it. TB intercepts the next pass.

34-37 loss in philly. Garner and Watters both run for 100 yards as philly comes from behind to beat us.

1996: 10-24 loss in tampa

Not exactly a tought loss we were just dominated

14-17 loss at dallas

Need I say more. Dallas drives for the GW FG as we dominated most of this game but cowboys win.

1998:

12-17 loss at philly.

Both teams were 0-5 as philly squeaks out and wins an ugly game.

1999 :(didn't wear burgandy) 13-14 playoff loss to tampa

quite frankly I dont wanna talk about it.

2001:

7-9 loss at dallas

Stephen davis turns the ball over at a critical time to allow dallas to kick the GW FG.

2003:

25-27 loss at philly

Came back from behind but did not recover onside kick.

14-21 loss at dallas

nuff said

2004:

10-13 loss at dallas

yall remember this game craytons last minute TD

2005:

35-36 loss at tampa

questionable calls on both ends but a tough loss altogether.

Burgandy uni's equals tough losses

Notable burdandy uni games in the past worth noting

36-6 loss at pheonix

24-17 win at dallas

24-10 win at carolina

14-28 loss at tennesse

2000 '

35-16 win at Jax

2001 the burgandy at home year

13-45 loss to kc

17-14 win vs carolina

35-21 win vs giants

27-14 win vs seattle

20-17 win vs ari

27-20 win vs seattle

Thoughts on this???

My thoughts are that you guys are looking for something that simply isn't there. You've pointed to several notable wins we've had in the burgundy jerseys and I'd be willing to bet I could go back and find a couple heart-breakers in each of those years when we wore white (there are some Dallas games at RFK that come to mind off the top of my head).

Anyway, it was an enjoyable read!

We wore them agains the cowboys this year and scored two tds in the final two minutes. So I would say no on the curse. But we dont do so good in Tampa we lost a playoff game in 99 thanks to the Turk brothers.

we wore whites that game- the cowpukes had their retro blues on

Remember when the East rivals(Us, Philly, NY, and St. Louis/Phx/Arz.) would wear their white jerseys when Dallass came to town?? Dallass fans believed the old blue jerseys were cursed. I was a fairly new Redskins fan in the early 80's so here is another question. Isn't that when the Redskins started wearing white at home??

Archived