Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Mencia, what do you think?

Destino

Guest Gichin13
Tries too hard to be funny. Even though most comedy is thought-out, his doesn't have that off-the-cuff "mojo" to it and feels forced.

I think that relates purely to the TV medium which is new for him ... and also requires him to rewrite and rethink most of his material.

Go see the guy stand up live and then repeat this poll. He is my favorite live comic right now, especially since Chappelle seems to have taken a dive and Chris Rock has lost steam the last couple years. Mencia has a great live act.

You mean Ned? Joe Rogan was on Opie and Anthony one morning and was talking about "Carlos" and how he's really German and Honduran, not Mexican like he says and his name is really Ned. Also, alot of the other comics hate him because he steals most of his material from them. I find some of his stuff funny, but I lost respect for him when I found out he steals his material.

Mencia sucks. He passes himself off as a mexican even though he is not. Don't forget that his fellow comics hate him cause he is known for ripping off material... he is almost as bad as Denis Leary when it comes to joke theft.

Even with all that he STILL isn't funny.

IMO Eddie Izzard is the best performing comic right now.

I did not know that...

Ned Holness... very German. Whoda' thunkit...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0578788/bio

Carlos Mencia was born Ned Holness on October 22nd 1967 in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. His mother, Magdelena Mencia, from Mexico & his father, Roberto Holness, from Honduras came to America when Carlos was about 3-7 months old and decided to give Carlos to his aunt and uncle Consuelo and Pablo Mencia who lived next door to raise as their own because they weren't able to have children of their own plus his birth-parents small house was so packed already because his mother had so many children... They renamed him Carlos. Carlos grew up most of his life in the Maravilla Projects of East L.A..

It's not like he grew up in Germany.

It hurts his credibility a little bit, though. No doubt he knows about hispanic culture since he grew up in the hispanic projects.

Funny as hell though, he rips on people left and right.

Carlos Mencia was born Ned Holness on October 22nd 1967 in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. His mother, Magdelena Mencia, from Mexico & his father, Roberto Holness, from Honduras came to America when Carlos was about 3-7 months old and decided to give Carlos to his aunt and uncle Consuelo and Pablo Mencia who lived next door to raise as their own because they weren't able to have children of their own plus his birth-parents small house was so packed already because his mother had so many children... They renamed him Carlos. Carlos grew up most of his life in the Maravilla Projects of East L.A..

It's not like he grew up in Germany.

It hurts his credibility a little bit, though. No doubt he knows about hispanic culture since he grew up in the hispanic projects.

Funny as hell though, he rips on people left and right.

I don't see how his credibility is hurt at all. If anything what you posted disproves what the other people are saying. His father wasn't German he had a German last name, but that doesn't make him German. In fact German last names are not uncommon in latin america at all. Also he was renamed and raised by Mexicans from the age of 4 months old....in East LA which is the more Mexican then Cancun is by a long shot.

I don't see how his credibility is hurt at all. If anything what you posted disproves what the other people are saying. His father wasn't German he had a German last name, but that doesn't make him German. In fact German last names are not uncommon in latin america at all. Also he was renamed and raised by Mexicans from the age of 4 months old....in East LA which is the more Mexican then Cancun is by a long shot.

Doesn't really hurt his credibility with me, sorry i wasn't clear enough.

Some people won't be able to get over the fact that he's not 100% honduran or whatever. Shouldn't matter though, you're right.

He's alright. But I think that his show on Comedy Central seems like it's trying too hard to be as edgy and politically incorrect, while still being funny, as Chapelle's Show was. I've watched the show a few times, and seen bits that were taken right out of Chapelle's Show, but with a different name.

Overall, I'd say that he's nothing special.

Man, you guys need to check out the Joe Rogan spoof on this hack. . .

I got a funny email today from one of the guys on the Frank show in Tucson saying that Carlos (aka Ned Holness -or however the **** you spell it- his real name, aka the phony mexican or carlos menstealia- what other comics call him) was talking **** about me on the radio.

He sent me an audio file, and since I'm bored in a ****ing hotel room in DC, I listened to it.

I thought I would share it with you guys because you're the cause of it with the barrage of hate you sent to his website

He talks about how you guys were saying he sounds a lot like me, and how I said "the force was weak with him" which I did, and that was being NICE. What I should have said is that he's a ****ing weak minded delusional joke thief. What's really interesting, is that I said what I said about him HERE. Since this is a private forum that the public can't read unless they sign up, that means he signed up, and he's a member here.

Did he respond here?

No. Of course not.

He sits back like a little lurker sponge sucking up ideas for new "jokes" and listening to people talk **** about him, but not having the ****ing balls to stand up for himself.

What's really funny, is that he refers to himself in this audio clip as "The punisher." saying that's his nickname.

Listen up, you fat delusional hack, you can't give YOURSELF a ****ing nick name, you no friends having douche bag.

I'm THE TERMINATOR!!! There, I have a nick name now!! The only thing you punish is the attention span of anyone in your ****ing audience with an IQ above 60.

What's really hysterical, is that he talks about a fictional occurrence at the comedy store I nervously watched him in the back of the room, and where me and a bunch of comics supposedly sat around and talked about him for an hour, and then finally in this fantasy scenario, I admitted that he's really good.

I'm gonna be real clear, stupid; that NEVER ****ing happened. the only time any comic, including me watches you, is to see if your stealing material.

Which you DO. ALL THE ****ING TIME.

See, that's why people SAY you steal. Because it's a ****ing fact.

No one is running around saying Chris Rock is a thief, or Dave Chappelle is a thief, or even me for that matter. But HUNDREDS of ****ing comics recognize you as a thief. What... they're all jealous? They're jealous of you and not Chris ****ing Rock? Oh yeah, I forgot... he's not "The Punisher!!"

I've seen you steal over and over again. I've seen you Steal from Paul Mooney, I've seen you steal from Dave Chappelle, I've seen you steal from old Richard Pryor albums, I've seen you steal from Jeff ****ing Foxworthy.

Your mind is weak. Keep talking ****, fat boy. I'll keep exposing you.

Enjoy the audio clip here: Carlos talking **** on the radio.

Now, the REALLY funny thing, is that "Carlos" was claiming that I was watching him onstage, pacing the back of the room, and then reluctantly admitting his greatness to other comics. Well, what's funny about that, is that my trusty camera man actually filmed "Carlos" watching ME onstage from various parts of the room, and then filmed him sucking onstage after him, and me talking about how terrible he was.

He even edited it together with the audio from the radio station in AZ.

Check it out here: Carlos OWNED.

Here's another great article written by someone about the phony **********: Hope in America

If you really love comedy, stop supporting joke thieves.

Here's some more audio, this time of George Lopez from the Stern show yesterday talking about what a thief "Carlos" is:

Lopez on Stern.

http://www.joerogan.net/main.php

Archived