Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Embrace the belief.

Art

It's the chemistry on this team that makes it different. I haven't seen that since...well...since Gibbs left. With all that LA went through he could just as easily have mailed it in and demanded a trade in the off season but look at him, a team leader on and off the field. That's special. Strengths and weaknesses aside, teams win games, not groups of individuals. And I sense a TEAM here.

Yes, yes I do.

book9.JPG

My thoughts exactly!

Art, great article. Its always dangerous to to have such high hopes after a huge divisional win, since our teams of the past have got up for a big game, and laid an egg the next. Hopefully the team will treat this game as another playoff game, and play well. The pieces are definitely in place.

:applause: :cheers:

Another fine work of Art. Those of us "old" enough to recall the heyday of JG's first run know that feeling all too well and I agree 100%, I've been feeling that building all season. Brunell's play, the O-line coming together, that esprit de corps that has been missing too long is returning. I say to some of you who may not have been graced with knowing it before, listen to your Uncle Art, he knows whereof he speaks. I absolutely set on watching my Skins in another SB and soon, holding my son and explaining to him what it means and why it is special. I asked this before, is it too soon to start the collection for the solid gold Joe Gibbs statue?

Nice post Art. This team is 1-2 years away from winning it all. The "team" is meshing nicely. We will need consistent QB play for the next 2 years (Brunell has played well this year for sure). We also need two young pass rushing linemen and a TE (look at Pope the TE from UGA in the draft). Otherwise, we are getting set and they play hard (and believe) in Joe Gibbs.

Nice post Art. This team is 1-2 years away from winning it all. The "team" is meshing nicely. We will need consistent QB play for the next 2 years (Brunell has played well this year for sure). We also need two young pass rushing linemen and a TE (look at Pope the TE from UGA in the draft). Otherwise, we are getting set and they play hard (and believe) in Joe Gibbs.

You are probably right that this team is still a year or so away from being seriously able to put the hurt on people. I happen to think this team is a unifying moment away. If this team solidifies with a small streak here winning games, it will be difficult for anyone in the conference to handle.

As for need, I'm sorry, but I can't join you in thinking we have a need for a tight end. Chris Cooley is a tight end and you do not need two tight ends able to catch 60 balls. Defensive line is the sure area we need to improve though.

Great article. I understand that people can't quite fully emerse themselves into this team yet. Wev'e been dissapointed so many times, but this isn't the same team as years past. We have Joe Gibbs. I see so many positives on this team that has been lacking for the last 15 years. Number one on my list is team unity. With all the controversy about Lavar Arrington,Brunnell and Ramsey, this team stuck together and produced some wins and some very impressive losses ( minus the giants game ). Number two is disipline. A lot of mistakes and penaltys in the begining ( holding, false starts, etc.. ). Our penaltys seem to be at a minimum these past few games. Number three is toughness. This team never quits. They believe in themselves and each other.

There are so many positives with this team that I could go on and on, but I think everyone here understands what I mean. Even if this team didn't make the playoffs this year, and I believe they will, taking the division title, I'd still be proud of this team because I know that they will not give up and fight till the very last game.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

The Skins are one good pass-rushing DE, one true #2 WR, and an upgrade in the OL from being dominant again. All the other pieces are in place. They will need to stay healthy and catch a few bounces, which is something Redskin fans haven't seen much of in the last 14 years.

I think they are championship caliber in the heart and mind. They merely need a little more talent at some key positions...then watch out NFL!

In the meantime, I'll enjoy this year's model, because it's pretty darn good! And who knows...their chance of winning a championship this year is certainly not out of the realm of possibility! ;)

Ok, I'll try. That Giants game has really shaken my belief that this years team will make the playoffs.

I am a long-time Redskin fan (I even remember Sammy Baugh) and listened with my dad on the radio (before TV). And the best teams were formed by Joe Gibbs.

When Joe returned I instantly embraced the belief that the Redskins would return to be winners. Last season I felt the team played hard in every game and were close to being winners; but didn't have the talent on the OL to succeed. This year the team talent is significantly better, I think. We are definitely competitive. Is this team talented enough to make the playoffs, win the division, go to the Superbowl? Before the Giants game I thought they might be that good; now I think maybe (if the ball bounces the right way).

This team under Joe Gibbs just might suprise everyone. Because of Joe Gibbs I believe! Go Skins!!!

One thing, to me, is clear however. We seem to be a team destined to play every game close, scratching and clawing to the end, squeeking out the victories.

That's because we have only played one losing team. Brunell and the offense needed to gel while playing a tough schedule.

We are now entering the easy portion of our schedule, and we will start to look as good as those teams that you think are dominant because they have already been through their easy part of the schedule. We destroyed the one losing team that we did play.

After the game I thought of this column.

How many times have we, as Skins fans, put our faith and trust in this team only to have it blow up in our face?

More times than I care to count.

I have come to the realization that this is NOT a playoff team. :mad: We might back our way into the playoffs or stumble in, but we are not a team who will get there on our own.

Oh well, there's always next year... right? :doh:

After the game I thought of this column.

How many times have we, as Skins fans, put our faith and trust in this team only to have it blow up in our face?

More times than I care to count.

I have come to the realization that this is NOT a playoff team. :mad: We might back our way into the playoffs or stumble in, but we are not a team who will get there on our own.

Oh well, there's always next year... right? :doh:

Look if Nick Zaban can believe.......if Zaban can take a loss and not go on the air and trash the skins, say terrible things.......then believe me there is hope.....

Not that Zaban is anti-skins.....but he never appreciates any positives out of a loss.......but after yesterdays lost he chose not to dwell on the heartbreaking ending but the positives that came from the game:

1. Portis really had one of this best games, he might have had more TDs/Yards in previoius games, but this was against the NFLs number one D, an Away game, against a top NFC foe.....Portis showed to not only the critics and the fans but to his teamates; that he is a top NFL back.

2. Brunnel showed he really does have it, yes he has shown that in many games all season, but same goes for Brunnell that it does with Portis, this was the best D in the NFL.......Brunnel showed us that we now have a starting QB who doesnt make us cringe our faces every time he steps back to pass.

3. It showed us that S.T. really is a key element to this D.....why is that good? Becase it really shows that ST is really under-rated an that we can expect many great years out of him.

4. It most importantly showed us that this is a team that is well coached, that really cares about the outcome on the scoreboard and not in statistics.......it really showed that Gibbs has got a staff in place that is leading this team, and we might not win it all, but we are going to give it our all every game.........

You gotta respect that........

I am looking forward to a great second half.........

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU REALLY FELT THAT??

This game pretty much makes my point. Hard to be a believer if the team is going to continuously break my heart. This is another game that just proves the skins don't deserve that kind of belief yet.

Jason

Absolutely.

A fan... yes, of course. A believer... no.

I guess the question becomes, what will it take in order for me to believe? I've asked myself and to be honest I'm not sure... all I know is that I am far from believing in this team right now.

Archived