Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bucs vs Skins

Bucamaniac40

Look foward to a great game and hope my Bucs can bounce back.

Bucs 23 Redskins 17

Ya got a great defense but your offence is no scoring machine, ya better worry about getting at least field goal on us before scoring 23 points. We shut your offense out last year with you all having a pretty good QB in Brad Johnson. Believe our Defense will be going after your cadalac and new QB, your just not going to have enough offence to keep up with us so Skins will win this game. You will still only be 2 games out of first place so keep your head up and good luck against Antlanta and Carolina next time.

I posted this in another thread but I think it's more appropriate here.

This is what there sayin on there board.

NawlinsBucFan

We CAN do this!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's very possible for us to beat the Redskins. REALLY! What we need is for our DBs to step up. We may need to play Will Allen a little more to nuetralize Moss's speed and we will need to blitz the edges to keep Brunell in the pocket and hopefully our front four can get some pressure up the middle.

On offense, you know they're going to be blitzing so I say go right at the Lavar Arrington with screens to Carnell, Pittman and Alstott. Once they get burned a few times they'll slow dowon those blitzes to watch for the screen. That should alow us to run the ball a little better.

From there the weight is on Simms shoulders. If he can find those hot reads and throw no more than 1 pick (0 is too much to ask) The Tampa Bay Buccaneers win the game.

Players who must get playing time for us: Pittman, Alstott, Will Allen, Dwayne White, Alex Smith.

If we do these things, we win.

Bucs 24

Skins 17

*hmmm....maybe I'm alone in this. Ooookaaaayyy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by NawlinsBucFan : Today at 01:14 PM.

NawlinsBucFan

View Public Profile

Send a private message to NawlinsBucFan

Find all posts by NawlinsBucFan

Add NawlinsBucFan to Your Buddy List

#2 Today, 02:10 PM

WildBuc24

Peoples Champ!!

Im with you on this one, I believe this is a winnable game. As much as I hate admitting to it, we were just outmatched this past Sunday. The Redskins are beatable, just depends on which Bucs OL shows up to play. If the OL plays decent enough where the Redskins at least respect our running game I see no reason why we cant win. If we arent successful running the ball we might be in for another long day for Simms and company. On defense the Skins dont scare me that much, just have to contain Portis and keep S. Moss in front of our DB's and not behind Phillips and W. Allen. A good game on both sides of the ball from the Bucs would lift everyone's spirits and maybe boost Simms confidence up a lil'. Just like every Sunday this is a winnable game, just need some players to step it up!

WildBuc24

View Public Profile

Send a private message to WildBuc24

Find all posts by WildBuc24

Add WildBuc24 to Your Buddy List

#3 Today, 02:14 PM

maladrin

Wow, is this an actual thread about the game coming up this weekend? We're still playing that, right?

It's Wednesday, I was getting worried.

All I keep seeing is eleventy billion threads about how bad Simms/Gruden are ruining the team ... or how Alstott is our saviour ...

All I'm saying is we've one PO'd football team that's lost two heartbreaking games in a row, and now a chance on nat'l TV to prove they've got something worth looking at.

Question is - will we take advantage?

maladrin

View Public Profile

Send a private message to maladrin

Visit maladrin's homepage!

Find all posts by maladrin

Add maladrin to Your Buddy List

#4 Today, 02:15 PM

Buc Basil

Quote:

Originally Posted by maladrin

Question is - will we take advantage?

Mirror Universe Theory says yes...

Buc Basil

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Buc Basil

Find all posts by Buc Basil

Add Buc Basil to Your Buddy List

#5 Today, 02:16 PM

Capt Morgan

Captain's Orders !

unfortunatly...

I believe this game is going to be a defensive battle, however.. the Skins have a better offense...

I have a feeling the game is going to be 13-7 Skins.

Clinton Portis will score the Skins only TD on a run of over 30 yards.

Capt Morgan

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Capt Morgan

Find all posts by Capt Morgan

Add Capt Morgan to Your Buddy List

#6 Today, 02:17 PM

Bigmac

Skins are not that good. Don't forget Brunel can get real rattled if we can put some pressure on him. Lets also not forget that they were shut out by the Giants two weeks ago. We can and we will win this game. Every year we have a game where we fire on all cylinders, and we crush a team nobody thought we could at home... in the past the Vikings have been the victims on a couple of occasions, last year it was Atlanta, this year it will be the Skins!

Bucs 38

Skins 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsBucFan

It's very possible for us to beat the Redskins. REALLY! What we need is for our DBs to step up. We may need to play Will Allen a little more to nuetralize Moss's speed and we will need to blitz the edges to keep Brunell in the pocket and hopefully our front four can get some pressure up the middle.

On offense, you know they're going to be blitzing so I say go right at the Lavar Arrington with screens to Carnell, Pittman and Alstott. Once they get burned a few times they'll slow dowon those blitzes to watch for the screen. That should alow us to run the ball a little better.

From there the weight is on Simms shoulders. If he can find those hot reads and throw no more than 1 pick (0 is too much to ask) The Tampa Bay Buccaneers win the game.

Players who must get playing time for us: Pittman, Alstott, Will Allen, Dwayne White, Alex Smith.

Bucs 24

Skins 17

Bigmac

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Bigmac

Find all posts by Bigmac

Add Bigmac to Your Buddy List

#7 Today, 02:21 PM

suprgrupr1

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsBucFan

Bucs 24

Skins 17

I agree with your assessment Nawlins on this one. Got to use the screens or Arrington is going to knock Simms into next week! I don't know about you guys, but Washington isn't much different than Carolina. Look at the two teams, Washington (S. Moss, Portis, Brunell, Cooley and Arrington)

Carolina (S. Smith, Davis, Delhomme and Peppers)

Not much difference and their style of play is very similar. I'm nervous about this game as well as I don't think we can run on them and Moss is going to break one big play somewhere in this game cancelling out Galloways big play we'll get.

I see 17-14, either way.

suprgrupr1

View Public Profile

Send a private message to suprgrupr1

Find all posts by suprgrupr1

Add suprgrupr1 to Your Buddy List

#8 Today, 02:37 PM

skreignman40

while theres no doubt the redskins are a good team, i feel we can beat them. our defense can definetly play with there offense. we need to make mark brunell beat us. if we make brunell throw the ball and just cover moss good he is going to make mistakes trying to force it in there. he doesnt have the strongest arm in the world also. we need to run the ball but there run D is pretty darn good. i say for the first quarter atleast we just run run run and the only time we pass is really short crossing routes. we cant afford to get turnovers early. we need to see what there offense is doing before we can take some chances. if simms turns it over early then they are going to score and put our D in a whole... we need to stay away from just running cadillac and start to run pittman a lot more and even get alstott involved. i think pittman and alstott are a better fit for this line and the way teams are playing us. they want to stop the run and pittman and alstott can break the tackles and get more tough yards then caddy can.

skreignman40

View Public Profile

Send a private message to skreignman40

Find all posts by skreignman40

Add skreignman40 to Your Buddy List

#9 Today, 03:44 PM

Yucs

I am not impressed with Washington. Their defense is really good but the offense is average. I suspect it will be another tough day for our offense but I feel now with Simms we have some big play potential, and perhaps we will find our running game. This game is very winnable. We really need this one for our tough strecth run. On the flip side if we are flat and take another beating it could really head us into a tailspin. Very important game IMHO, lets see how the leaders on this team respond. I am expecting Booger, Brooks, Rice and company to show up in a big way.

Yucs

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Yucs

Find all posts by Yucs

Add Yucs to Your Buddy List

#10 Today, 03:44 PM

O-State-BUC

The redskins are good but I feel we will take this one. They have a good offense but 2 weeks ago this team got shut out at NY by the Giants. How did they do it? Shut down the run game, and pressure on the QB. The redskins amassed a total of 37 rushing yards, and the giants got 5 sacks. We have the no. 2 ranked rushing D in the league, and there has been way too much talk about how our defense needs to get better pressure on the QB this week for me not to believe that Monte is going to mix it up a little bit blitz wise. Our DB's have to be salivating for a pick after two weeks with no turnovers. If we can establish some pressure Brunell will make mistakes.

I look for our D to step it up this week and get us a few turnovers. I don't look for Simms to play amazing as Washington will be blitzing all day, but I feel that in his third straight start he will do enough to not lose this game. I see Caddy getting back on track this game too. The Redskins give up 119.8 yards a game rushing. Bucs will get one back in the win column, and the sky will stop falling on the TBBBB.

Bucs 24 Redskins 10

Last edited by O-State-BUC : Today at 03:46 PM.

O-State-BUC

View Public Profile

Send a private message to O-State-BUC

Find all posts by O-State-BUC

Add O-State-BUC to Your Buddy List

#11 Today, 04:13 PM

Dramatica

17-14

Look foward to a great game and hope my Bucs can bounce back.

Bucs 23 Redskins 17

Looking forward to checking out your cheerleaders...Any of them hang out with the Carolina cheerleaders for pointers?

Oh you are talking about the game...sorry I thought you weren't serious when you said Bucs score 23 points :laugh:

Bucamaniac, if you've got some analysis that's behind your score, then I'd like to read it. Otherwise, you're going to face a deluge of one liners as above.

Yeah, like Bucks suck $%#!!!!! And Gruden is an annoying biatch who tries to make his voice sound deeper than it is.

The key is to stop the running game and force Chris Simms to do the job with his arm. The Buc defense is good but if the Skins' can force three-and-outs and get a turnover or two, they'll get worn down like they did against Carolina. Avoiding deep passes to Galloway and long runs by Williams are a must.

I think third down conversions and turnovers will be the stats to watch in this game.

I am not impressed with Washington. Their defense is really good but the offense is average.

the offense that scored 52 against the same team that tampa scored 10 on... after a bye week? that offense is average??....... :doh:

guess that would make tampas O somewhere between horrible and horrendous.

Archived