Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Listening to Queen Live at Wembley in '86

ntotoro

If Freddie Mercury isn't at the very least among the greatest frontmen of all time, I don't know who is.

Are you watching the DVD? If not, go buy it, it's killer. Freddie is arguably the greatest rock-n-roll singer tallent-wise ever. The reason he looks so strange is because he's an arab born in Jordon or somewhere close.

I actually have the DVD at home and was watching it. That was what made me bring the CD's to work. Hadn't listened to it in a while. He's actually from Zanzibar and his real name is Farouk Bulsara (sp?). His family was Zoroastrian.

Edit: I think they're ethnically Indian, but not sure.

I actually have the DVD at home and was watching it. That was what made me bring the CD's to work. Hadn't listened to it in a while. He's actually from Zanzibar and his real name is Farouk Bulsara (sp?). His family was Zoroastrian.

Good memory, I'll have to look where Zanzibar is?

Oh there it is, southeast Africa.

http://renderv301.bay.prod.mappoint.net/render-30/getmap.aspx?key=D7EA9F064D0D09AD69DC

getmap.aspx?key=D7EA9F064D0D09AD69DC

You know a little too much about Farouk....:paranoid:

One of the few big bands of the 70s-80s that didn't totally suck. Mercury could really put on a show, Brian May was a tremendous guitarist, and they had a lot of memorable songs.

Of course, for every talented bunch like Queen there were fifteen Journey's or REO Speedwagons...

One of the few big bands of the 70s-80s that didn't totally suck. Mercury could really put on a show, Brian May was a tremendous guitarist, and they had a lot of memorable songs.

Of course, for every talented bunch like Queen there were fifteen Journey's or REO Speedwagons...

Ease up, Journey wasn't all bad. Neal Schon is still a bad @$$ed guitarist even if the singer was a wuss :laugh:

journey03.jpg

You have to separate Journey into two eras:

1) Pre-Steve Perry

2) Steve Perrified

Pre-Steve Perry, they had the makings of another Yes or Genesis of the day (minus the theatrics of Peter Gabriel, of course). Once Perrified, they focused everything around his nasal sucktitude and making hits.

Edit: Ever see their episode of Behind The Music? True irony. Steve Perry said he never felt like he was part of the band, to which Ross Valory and Steve Perry were speechless. He was the band once he joined.

Ease up, Journey wasn't all bad. Neal Schon is still a bad @$$ed guitarist even if the singer was a wuss :laugh:

journey03.jpg

No, I'm sorry, they sucked ass.

But if it will make you feel better, substitute Kansas. Or Styx. Or Chicago. God, rock music was terrible back then.

Archived