Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Surprising comment from Mike Sellers on Channel 9...

wilbur58z

What would you like to see the Skins wear as an alternate Jersey?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see the Skins wear as an alternate Jersey?

• Theres no need for an alternate jersey
    • Mostly black (like on redskins.com vid) but the #'s gold and outlined in burgendy
    • An inverse of our current jersey. Where burgendy currently is, would be gold and vise versa
    • The Miami U look with some burgendy and gold but major color is black
    • same color schemes but different layout and styles of numbers and lettering
    • other

Dominant.

It's dominant.

Sorry ... pet peeve. :)

Oh come on!! I can't believe you "choose" to worry about spelling when "are" "defense of line" will be suspect and "are" former players are giving away "are" "offense of" secrets right and left. "They're" is just something wrong with guys like you.

I think the two backs idea makes alot of sense. Whether it's betts or cooley or sellers back there.

Should we read any into the fact that it was a Sellers quote? I mean a FB saying we made major changes probably means we're going to use a fullback.

Who knows. Looking forward to the game on Sunday.

BTW... Brunell and Ramsey both taking the snap to confuse the defenses. That is hilarious. Maybe they can do kindof a "Stuck on You" act and put them both in one uniform. Brunell to throw the majority of the passes and do the scrambling, ramsey to tuck the ball before they get tackled... ramsey to hand it off so his bestest buddy Jansen will block better on running plays.

:excited:

Hard to believe a major change could just be done on a whim and be expected to work immediately. I have a feeling it might be something they had been working on in training camp, and maybe were saving it until now.......Can't wait to see it.

In all seriousness ... I am sure this is the case. My guess is no huddle from first snap with a lot of shotgun and and spread formations. Just think ... Moss, Patten, Thrash, Jacobs and Cooley all downfield at once :excited: .

At the same time, if they were doing something like that, I would just as soon have Sellers keep it under wraps. It would be awesome to see in any case.

Bank on this, simply sending more people out to give Brunell more passing options. The skins kept in 1 or 2 extra blockers with only 4 people rushing pretty much all day against the Giants, if they used Cooley more to get behind the the linebackers in that soft zone, he would have had a huge day. Less max protect, more passing options, pretty simple!

Bring Monk out of retirement. Get D Green some shoulder pads and a jersey too big for him. Give Riggo a pint of Whiskey. Have Coach Williams call up Wilber Marshall and Dexter Manley, strap it up. Then have Al Pacino walk into the locker room and scare the piss out of our team followed by his (inches speech from Any Given Sunday). We win 103-0. Id be kinda pleasently suprised.

I would say 4 Wide-Outs, Cooley at TE/FB with Portis in backfield with mark in shotgun or under center (where else would he be?)

Heard some talk about Mark wanting more pass options and this could get Secondary further away from the line for Portis

:doh: 5+4+1+1+1= ???

I think the two backs idea makes alot of sense. Whether it's betts or cooley or sellers back there.

Should we read any into the fact that it was a Sellers quote? I mean a FB saying we made major changes probably means we're going to use a fullback.

:doh: I hope its not that easy to figure out, because the Eagles probably figured it out as well!! :doh: :laugh:

Remembered some more stuff from the clip...

Sellers also commented that the reporter he was talking to would have seen it in Wednesday's practice if they were allowed to watch practice, so they would have to wait until Sunday night.

That comment also made me think it was something obvious to the point that the untrained eye of a reporter would notice it in practice.

Archived