Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Surprising comment from Mike Sellers on Channel 9...

wilbur58z

What would you like to see the Skins wear as an alternate Jersey?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see the Skins wear as an alternate Jersey?

• Theres no need for an alternate jersey
    • Mostly black (like on redskins.com vid) but the #'s gold and outlined in burgendy
    • An inverse of our current jersey. Where burgendy currently is, would be gold and vise versa
    • The Miami U look with some burgendy and gold but major color is black
    • same color schemes but different layout and styles of numbers and lettering
    • other

theyre gonna run the running plays denver runs.

Well now, Byner did go meet with Alex Gibbs this off season to learn how he implements his running game.

From what Byner told us, A. Gibbs let him know you have to really commit to it because it's a completely different way of run blocking and it takes work to get the timing down. Maybe we've finally got that timing and coordination and we're about to start using the A. Gibbs run blocking techniques that have worked so well in Denver.

BTW, isn't A. Gibbs down in Atlanta right now where they have the league's #1 rushing offense?

Something they should have done all season: THE NO HUDDLE OFFENSE. It has always been in Gibbs' arsenal, but hasn't been used in his 1 1/2 years so far as a regular staple in the offense. Brunell and Ramsey are smart enough to run it.

Or it could be that Sellers is just throwing out some BS, hoping that iut sticks on some Philly newstation somewhere to give the Beagles something to think about.

There isn't anything the NFL hasn't seen. So my guess is a change of pace type of offense that dictates to a defense instead of the offense reacting to a defense.

Just my two cent$.

FS

This one makes some sense. Been wondering when the no-huddle would reappear. Gibbs used it to great success the first time around, and I figured when Brunell got the starting nod it was just a matter of time given his experience. We'll see it as some point, I suspect. Sunday makes sense.

We'll see.

And don't sweat Bonez, who apparently is something of an internet tease. We had someone feed him disinformation ... :)

I would like to see Sellers run with the football in short yardage situations. I don't know if I trust the guy enough to be taking handoffs on a consecutive basis. So my guess would be Heavy Jumbo. Maybe they will finally commit to a power running game and use a different back?

The only other thing I can think of would be 5 Wr's to spread the field for brunell and the no huddle offense.

Scratch the No-huddle. We left the Defense on the field way too long vs Giants. And they're too banged up to let that happen again. Scratch the 4 wide too. Hell, our 5 couldn't block the Giants front 4 for crying out loud!!!!

Hopefully, it's Sellers playing Fullback. I've been thinking a lot about the giants game. It was a bad day to be passing the ball. Giants keep the doors open when we're on offense. They were dropping 7 in coverage. The Eagles are more of an attacking/finesse defense. We should be going Two Tight with Sellers at Full back. Run ISO's on their LB's all day. Alternate Moss and Patten running go routes to keep their safety honest (play action). Even if they bring 8 in the box we got a TE on a Safety now.

I would have just run that ISO at Pierce all day and told Sellers to bury his skinny ass into the swamp! Hopefully, that's what they'll do to Trotter. Don't think he can handle that.

Taylor, no way. What if he goes and gets injured and we lose one of our best defensive players. Or what if he totally sucks and causes turnovers.

Greg Williams has said risking injury to Taylor by playing him on O is not a concern. He said they don't coach that way, being fearful of what might happen. They coach to win. If Taylor adds more to the offense than a Patten or Jacobs or Thrash (or Royal?), without dropping his level of play on D, he will play.

Now, to my "or Royal?" comment. If Taylor does play O, maybe some TE?

Taylor, no way. What if he goes and gets injured and we lose one of our best defensive players. Or what if he totally sucks and causes turnovers.

Exactly. He could only be used in spots. Face it...Samuels is overrated. Even without a knee injury. Our line is a bit leaky. The best way to fix that is to let them tee off and bash the defense. Even though we'll end up with some boring series on offense, it will chew up clock, minimize the 3rd and longs (we were playing with fire there anyways) and keep Brunell healthy in time for a playoff push. Redskins got away from the run too soon vs Giants. Even if you don't get yards you have to keep the defense honest. It slows down their pass rush and helps to keep their line off-balance. Looking at the stats? Portis got 4 carries? That's pretty bad. Even with the long yardage situations. You just never know when a back will break a big run. And you won't find out unless you work him.

Plus, weather is supposed to be rough in the Northeast this winter. With bad weather and wind you need to be able to grind games out.

So I think we'll see Gibbs get us back to some smash-mouth football.

How about..the cheerleaders strip down and get the Iggles attention on defense, letting our offense just get a free pass....kinda like from the movie The Replacements.

i have been telling my brother for years that this would work -- just have them strip one at a time -- add some girls and cover the entire field , also a little muscle relaxers in the Gatorade so they can't really enjoy the entertainment!!! :D:evil::D

Archived