Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Much Longer Does Gibbs Have?

ozskin

Snyder is not a dumb man. He will NOT fire Joe Gibbs, EVER!!!!!

If he did, all of us fans would run him out of town for it. He would be viewed as the owner that fired the greatest coach in Redskins history.

Gibbs has 3.5 years left on his contract. Gibbs and Bugel came back for one reason, and one reason alone and that is to win another Super Bowl.

They won't be leaving until that happens.

Trust me.

he's on year two of a five year contract

so 3.5 years is how long Gibbs has

yup...he'll fulfill his contract i believe as well..and this seasons not even close to done yet..if we c ome out and play real well against philly, were all talking playoffs, nfc east champs again.

To me, it's like college - you have to let the coach get a few recruiting classes in the program before you start to take a hard look at him under the microscope. In terms of time, I'd say that's about 3-4 years. Let him get his guys in there via the draft, trades, or free agency and allow him to dispose of the players who don't get with the program. Due to the cap, bad apples can't always be dealt with as easily as coach's would like but eventually, Gibbs will win out. No player is bigger than him regardless of what they make or how many jerseys he has in the seats.

I think Gibbs has done a wonderful job (A-) in terms of player acquisition and building a great staff. Players we've lost under his watch have not gone on to excel with the exception of Pierce. And his replacement is playing well so I wouldn't necessarily consider that a black mark.

I imagine that if any coach will get a longer than deserved look under Snyder, it will be Gibbs. Even in the unlikely event that he strings together 3-4 nondescript seasons, I'd STILL be shocked if Snyder axes him. But you never know.

I was talking "hyperthecals" to my girlfriend the other day. She got offended and slapped me.

I was eating dinner and a salesman called. He was trying to sell me "hyperthecals." I had to hang up on him.

I like most of what President Bush says. I just don't like his stance on "hyperthecals."

Since I have no idea what "hyperthecals" means (I know what he meant, hypothetical), I figured I would insert in a few phrases and see where it sounded correct. I can't seem to get this word to fit anywhere. Anyone else want to give it a shot?

Nothing like having an English teacher on the board with ya, huh? Chill out bro, you and I both know what the guy was talking about. Hope next time you make a mistake there isn't some jerk there to point it out!:mad:

Nothing like having an English teacher on the board with ya, huh? Chill out bro, you and I both know what the guy was talking about. Hope next time you make a mistake there isn't some jerk there to point it out!:mad:

:stfu:

If I make a mistake, then point it out. Who cares? This is a board I come to opine with like people. It's also a place to have fun. Everything can't always be so serious. I didn't personally insult him. I was just having fun with his misspelling. I too have misspelled many times here. I too have had people point it out. I, like you, didn't cry about it. Rather, I laughed about it.

So why don't you "chill out bro!" If he needed a personal protector, I am sure he would have asked. He didn't. In fact, he snapped back with a funny comment of his own. As I told him, it is all in good fun.

So go cry to someone else.

:cry:

If you want to quantify it, I'd say Gibbs gave the Redskns the best ten years in the franchises history so...ten years to stink plus a two year buffer for taking over a 5-11 franchise. So I think Gibbs has 11 years left to stink like hell before we kick him out (and the way things are going this year is not going to count as a stink year).

If you want to quantify it, I'd say Gibbs gave the Redskns the best ten years in the franchises history so...ten years to stink plus a two year buffer for taking over a 5-11 franchise. So I think Gibbs has 11 years left to stink like hell before we kick him out (and the way things are going this year is not going to count as a stink year).

First off, 10 plus 2 is 12. Second, you must be out of your mind if you think Gibbs has that long to succeed.

You know Dirk, I agree with you. Snyder has had alot of free agent busts since owning the skins. It's about time we have someone that can really look into a player and see the desire and the love for football that Gibbs gives us. He always has. Give Gibbs another year and I really think with him picking our players that we will be set up for a bit. Go skins.

I think Gibbs is the "Face of the Franchise"...

For those of us who can truely appreciate what Gibbs did for our team the first time around, you know what I mean. I believe Gibbs is "Unfireable"...Now I could see him at some point in the future, stepping down, but it will be on his own terms. If he can put something in place wit this team and coaching staff, and then he walks away, I could see Joe Bugle taking over to continue the tradition. Bugle got a raw deal in Arizona.

I think as long as the team keeps improving year after year, Gibbs will honor all 5 years of the contract...unless he wins the Super Bowl before then. Either way, I'd be happy.

i think even if it was his 3rd year and he won the super bowl, hed still come back and try to defend the title for atleast 1 more year.

Anything can happen. Jerry Jones fired the great Tom Landry and was hated for it... until Dallas won all those damn Superbowls.

I can see it now...Dan Snyder was hated for firing joe gibbs...till he won 10 superbowls...no jk...if dan snyder fires joe gibbs i will never buy a ticket to fed ex field for the next 20 years.

Prediction: If Joe Gibbs does not improve upon the 6-10 record of last year, he will look for some new coaching blood on the offensive side of the ball this off season. Bill Musgrave was brought in this last off season and except for the debacle at NY the QB play has improved dramatically. I think he would like to pry Russ Grimm away from Pittsburgh but that is highly unlikely. Grimm's next move will be a head coaching position somewhere, possibly Washington in 2 years if Gibbs voluntarily steps aside. The Greg Williams/Greg Blache team unfortunately will not be back next season, maybe one but not both. At least one will take a head coaching position somewhere else. And how about these zingers: Arrington, Portis, Ramsey demand trades and Samuels, Daniels, and maybe a couple of other starters are sent packing. Why Portis? By the end of the season, he will decide he does not fit in this system or the NFC East. Arrington will be just sick of losing (and supposedly cheated out of $) and we all know about Ramsey. Remember, you heard it here first. Of course, I hope they go 13-3 and win the Super Bowl which results in Gibbs being the first person to be elected to the Hall of Fame twice: Joe Gibbs I and Joe Gibbs II.

What an absurd prediction... sounds like some other PREDICTIONS we've had on this site.

Snyder firing Gibbs??? Nope...never gonna happen...Gibbs would leave on his own long before Snyder would fire him.

Gibbs has about a 50/50 shot at another Super Bowl over the term of his current contract. If all our players stay healthy, we can beat any team...yes, even the Giants... :cheers:

Prediction: If Joe Gibbs does not improve upon the 6-10 record of last year, he will look for some new coaching blood on the offensive side of the ball this off season. Bill Musgrave was brought in this last off season and except for the debacle at NY the QB play has improved dramatically. I think he would like to pry Russ Grimm away from Pittsburgh but that is highly unlikely. Grimm's next move will be a head coaching position somewhere, possibly Washington in 2 years if Gibbs voluntarily steps aside. The Greg Williams/Greg Blache team unfortunately will not be back next season, maybe one but not both. At least one will take a head coaching position somewhere else. And how about these zingers: Arrington, Portis, Ramsey demand trades and Samuels, Daniels, and maybe a couple of other starters are sent packing. Why Portis? By the end of the season, he will decide he does not fit in this system or the NFC East. Arrington will be just sick of losing (and supposedly cheated out of $) and we all know about Ramsey. Remember, you heard it here first. Of course, I hope they go 13-3 and win the Super Bowl which results in Gibbs being the first person to be elected to the Hall of Fame twice: Joe Gibbs I and Joe Gibbs II.

You are just the guy I need. You see I am going to a big party tonight and I need some suggestions on what I can use to really get a groove on. Seems to me that you're smokin' the good stuff.....any suggestions? :D

PS- Seriously, do you not see this team improving over last years record or are you just messing with us?

Archived