Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Much Longer Does Gibbs Have?

ozskin

Norv Turner, Marty Schottenhiemer and Steve Spurrier. These are the coaches that proceeded Gibbs under Daniel Snyder....and none of them lasted more than 2 years. Hypertheclly, if we were to drop right out and miss the playoffs, would Joe Gibbs' job be safe? Obviously many of you, and myself, would say yes. It is safe. But who knows what Snyder will do next. Marty Schottenhiemer, after an 0-5 start, turned the season around and finished 8-3. The future looked bright under 'marty ball', but he got the ass after one season because of a preference for an unproven college coach.

There is no bigger name in Redskin history then Joe Gibbs, and he should at least be given 2 more seasons for success. But with Snyder, who knows what might happen.

:eaglesuck Sunday Night- Redskins 24/ Eagles 10

Dude, Snyder will not fire Gibbs. If that happened, Snyder would be frowned upon and spit at by every Skins' fan he came in contact with. Gibbs, will take himself out of the equation if need be. But, come on we are still within one game of the NFC EAST lead. No need for this hypothetical"sky is falling" talk.

Dude, Snyder will not fire Gibbs. If that happened, Snyder would be frowned upon and spit at by every Skins' fan he came in contact with. Gibbs, will take himself out of the equation if need be. But, come on we are still within one game of the NFC EAST lead. No need for this hypothetical"sky is falling" talk.

I agree. I think we will make the playoffs, i'm just talkin hyperthecals.

snyder isnt that dumb.. hes dumb the past yrs for signing smith, sanders the big names.. but now that joe gibbs in the area, more like give him a couple of more yrs onhis contract... joe gibbs is not a quitter unless due to helath reason... besides whos on the markets anyways as a coach.. umm that guy from south carolina.. that caoch from pittsburg U... those former nfl coaches. ha not.. we're keeping gibbs.. if not we're keep g. williams.. yadadada mean

I think Gibbs is the "Face of the Franchise"...

For those of us who can truely appreciate what Gibbs did for our team the first time around, you know what I mean. I believe Gibbs is "Unfireable"...Now I could see him at some point in the future, stepping down, but it will be on his own terms. If he can put something in place wit this team and coaching staff, and then he walks away, I could see Joe Bugle taking over to continue the tradition. Bugle got a raw deal in Arizona.

I think as long as the team keeps improving year after year, Gibbs will honor all 5 years of the contract...unless he wins the Super Bowl before then. Either way, I'd be happy.

Dan Snyder does not want to be remembered as the owner who fired a coaching legend...after saying he was the coach he wanted the whole time. If he fired Coach Gibbs a lot of fans would (to put it mildly) be a little annoyed at Dan Snyder.

Coach Gibbs wil decide when he is done.

i'm just talkin hyperthecals.

I was talking "hyperthecals" to my girlfriend the other day. She got offended and slapped me.

I was eating dinner and a salesman called. He was trying to sell me "hyperthecals." I had to hang up on him.

I like most of what President Bush says. I just don't like his stance on "hyperthecals."

Since I have no idea what "hyperthecals" means (I know what he meant, hypothetical), I figured I would insert in a few phrases and see where it sounded correct. I can't seem to get this word to fit anywhere. Anyone else want to give it a shot?

I figured I would insert in a few phrases and see where it sounded correct. I can't seem to get this word to fit anywhere. Anyone else want to give it a shot?

I'll give that a go, that sounds like fun.

Sumodat spends most evenings sucking on his boyfriends "hyperthecals".

.....actually, that was a bit harsh. Sorry. But seriously mate, whats the point writing a message about someones spelling. Although, what you wrote was (god damn it) rather funny. Well done in striping me of my dignity....you heartless ****.:D

P.S, theres no fvcking spell check!

Anything can happen. Jerry Jones fired the great Tom Landry and was hated for it... until Dallas won all those damn Superbowls.

Thats my point. It's happened before, and with Daniel 'lets do this because it worked when i did it on Madden' Snyder, it could happen again.

I'll give that a go, that sounds like fun.

Sumodat spends most evenings sucking on his boyfriends "hyperthecals".

.....actually, that was a bit harsh. Sorry. But seriously mate, whats the point writing a message about someones spelling. Although, what you wrote was (god damn it) rather funny. Well done in striping me of my dignity....you heartless ****.:D

P.S, theres no fvcking spell check!

That was a good one! But I must deny, though there is nothing wrong with that. ;)

Yeah, all in good fun.

I agree. This site needs spell check!

I was talking "hyperthecals" to my girlfriend the other day. She got offended and slapped me.

I was eating dinner and a salesman called. He was trying to sell me "hyperthecals." I had to hang up on him.

I like most of what President Bush says. I just don't like his stance on "hyperthecals."

Since I have no idea what "hyperthecals" means (I know what he meant, hypothetical), I figured I would insert in a few phrases and see where it sounded correct. I can't seem to get this word to fit anywhere. Anyone else want to give it a shot?

An overly active "theCal"?

:laugh:

Prediction: If Joe Gibbs does not improve upon the 6-10 record of last year, he will look for some new coaching blood on the offensive side of the ball this off season. Bill Musgrave was brought in this last off season and except for the debacle at NY the QB play has improved dramatically. I think he would like to pry Russ Grimm away from Pittsburgh but that is highly unlikely. Grimm's next move will be a head coaching position somewhere, possibly Washington in 2 years if Gibbs voluntarily steps aside. The Greg Williams/Greg Blache team unfortunately will not be back next season, maybe one but not both. At least one will take a head coaching position somewhere else. And how about these zingers: Arrington, Portis, Ramsey demand trades and Samuels, Daniels, and maybe a couple of other starters are sent packing. Why Portis? By the end of the season, he will decide he does not fit in this system or the NFC East. Arrington will be just sick of losing (and supposedly cheated out of $) and we all know about Ramsey. Remember, you heard it here first. Of course, I hope they go 13-3 and win the Super Bowl which results in Gibbs being the first person to be elected to the Hall of Fame twice: Joe Gibbs I and Joe Gibbs II.

Archived