Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I got my wish? My Little Nightmare Serving the Redskins D-Line...

The Full Monty

disclaimer: if you don't like reading about Redskins having dinner, don't read the following. It's up to you.

I've always wanted to wait on the Redskins, well, last night I got my wish...but it was not without a little disaster...

About 8 last night I get the word from my manager that several Redskins and their wives will be coming in and my bosses trusted me with the job.

Sure enough, Demetric Evans and Philip Daniels, along with their wives, arrive first at the table we set up for them. Say what you will about Philip Daniels' play, the guy is HUGE in person. I didn't know it was Demetric Evans at first, I could tell he was one of the D-Line but it wasn't until Daniels called him by the nickname of "D" that I was confident it was Demetric Evans.

It was Evans' wife's birthday last night. As I handed Daniels a menu, he asked Evans who else was coming, and I heard Evans say, "Griff's on his way, I'ma call Dock right now..."

Cornelius Griffin! Man that got me excited, I'll tell ya that. Not long after, he showed up with his wife, with Derrick Dockery and his wife coming in after that. I took their orders and got their drinks, everything was going great. Daniels and Griffin are crackin jokes, everybody's having a good time. In point of fact, Philip Daniels is a really funny laid back kind of guy, real quick sense of humor, he had Griffin crackin up big time bout some silly stuff in practice. Mind you, this group was my only table at the end of last night, and management wanted me to stay around them as much as possible in order and get them whatever they wanted. So inevitably I of course would hear what they were talking about...then as Dockery started talking about "Carlos" gettin a new car at "CP's" suggestion...the last couple showed up: Nic Clemons and his wife.

This is when things went haywire.

Philip Daniel's wife ordered a red raspberry martini and Mrs. Clemons ordered a Sour Apple Martini, with Nic Clemons just getting a water.

I've carried thousands of drinks in my time, I've been waiting tables since senior year of highschool, so that's bout 5 years of serving....and last night was the night I spilled a red raspberry martini all over the wife of Nic Clemons, absolutely soaking her silk shawl and splashing the rest on her bare back! (she'd been wearing a backless blouse)....

Instantly, everyone at the table, all 5 Redskins and their wives are all like "oh wow" "wohhhhhh" while I'm grabbin napkins and handing them to Clemons so he can dry off his wife... My eyes are lookin around, Dockery's got this bug-eyed look on his face like, "damn man, you sure blew that one" :yikes:-- while Griffin, Daniels, and Evans are busting out in surprised laughter...it's gotta be one of the most embarassing moments of my life...

Once we get that under control, I offer my contact info to Mrs. Clemons to send me the dry cleaning bill for her shawl...very graciously she says, "honey mistakes happen, you're fine."

disclaimer: if you don't like reading about Redskins having dinner, don't read the following. It's up to you.

I've always wanted to wait on the Redskins, well, last night I got my wish...but it was not without a little disaster...

About 8 last night I get the word from my manager that several Redskins and their wives will be coming in and my bosses trusted me with the job.

Sure enough, Demetric Evans and Philip Daniels, along with their wives, arrive first at the table we set up for them. Say what you will about Philip Daniels' play, the guy is HUGE in person. I didn't know it was Demetric Evans at first, I could tell he was one of the D-Line but it wasn't until Daniels called him by the nickname of "D" that I was confident it was Demetric Evans.

It was Evans' wife's birthday last night. As I handed Daniels a menu, he asked Evans who else was coming, and I heard Evans say, "Griff's on his way, I'ma call Dock right now..."

Cornelius Griffin! Man that got me excited, I'll tell ya that. Not long after, he showed up with his wife, with Derrick Dockery and his wife coming in after that. I took their orders and got their drinks, everything was going great. Daniels and Griffin are crackin jokes, everybody's having a good time. In point of fact, Philip Daniels is a really funny laid back kind of guy, real quick sense of humor, he had Griffin crackin up big time bout some silly stuff in practice. Mind you, this group was my only table at the end of last night, and management wanted me to stay around them as much as possible in order and get them whatever they wanted. So inevitably I of course would hear what they were talking about...then as Dockery started talking about "Carlos" gettin a new car at "CP's" suggestion...the last couple showed up: Nic Clemons and his wife.

This is when things went haywire.

Philip Daniel's wife ordered a red raspberry martini and Mrs. Clemons ordered a Sour Apple Martini, with Nic Clemons just getting a water.

I've carried thousands of drinks in my time, I've been waiting tables since senior year of highschool, so that's bout 5 years of serving....and last night was the night I spilled a red raspberry martini all over the wife of Nic Clemons, absolutely soaking her silk shawl and splashing the rest on her bare back! (she'd been wearing a backless blouse)....

Instantly, everyone at the table, all 4 Redskins and their wives are all like "oh wow" "wohhhhhh" while I'm grabbin napkins and handing them to Clemons so he can dry off his wife... My eyes are lookin around, Dockery's got this bug-eyed look on his face like, "damn man, you sure blew that one" :yikes:-- while Griffin, Daniels, and Evans are busting out in surprised laughter...it's gotta be one of the most embarassing moments of my life...

Once we get that under control, I offer my contact info to Mrs. Clemons to send me the dry cleaning bill for her shawl...very graciously she says, "honey mistakes happen, you're fine."

id be willing to bet that Randy Thomas can eat more then any1 on that team

At least they tipped...I had Tony McGee and his fam in for dinner once and they had gift certs from my restaurant. The total bill was $98.00 with great service and he had $100 in gift certs and just left that on the table. Sad how some are so cheap let alone on freebies.

:laugh: I'm glad I'm not the only selfish one here.

I mean seriously, it's nice and all to know what they drank, ate, and laughed about but it doesn't really make that much of a diff - they are just people. If I was that waiter I would have asked about that injury before I took their order. :)

Archived