Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs' Quote About Young Guys Playing This Week...Who?

tr1

"There'll be guys who will get their opportunity to really help the team--and some of them may be young guys," he said. "Up here, that's how you sometimes make your career and get things started."

Who do you think he means?

I'm thinking Carlos...

I want to see jacobs in there. Is this guy going to come through for us or not. This is a perfect game to findout. With Jacobs, Patten and Moss you have 3 burners who realy the Eagles can't cover. I want to see 3 WR sets all night long and I want to see play action both run and pass. Portis can run well from this formation.

Please bench that POS Royal and involve Sellers if Cooley can't go. The guy proved he has good hands.

Royal's had a good season so far. Bad game...don't over do it by cutting your players. Would you also suggest benching Betts, LaVar, Patten, etc......?

Agreed. Dropped balls by everyone out there. Hell I think I may have dropped a pass on Sunday.

Uh oh. :paranoid:

It will be interesting to see who may get out there more and where.

Offensively I believe the game was a flook. However I'm worried that it will be the start of something bad..

I don't look for a lot of changes on the offense except across the line if Samuels is injured. I look for the most changes to be made on the Defensive side of the ball, starting with our D Line.

I want to see jacobs in there. Is this guy going to come through for us or not. This is a perfect game to findout. With Jacobs, Patten and Moss you have 3 burners who realy the Eagles can't cover. I want to see 3 WR sets all night long and I want to see play action both run and pass. Portis can run well from this formation.

Please bench that POS Royal and involve Sellers if Cooley can't go. The guy proved he has good hands.

Bingo. - I believe this is a good chance to get things spread out and opened up, especially since we know they will be giving much attention to Moss.

Also, didn't Oakland stay in nickel for most of the game on defense when they played them?

I have a feeling Taylor Jacobs is going to get a promotion. Patten really hasn't produced much. I know early him and Mark have had some issues with timing, and he did make some plays in the game against San Fran. But, I think TJ may be looking at moving up on the depth chart. Especially with the game Patten had this week. I mean, I understand that the blame is on everyone, and everybody dropped balls. But, I don't think that Patten has shown as much as Moss or Cooley, etc. to get the benefit of the doubt.

I agree 100%. Let Portis run how he knows best, let him find the hole and create his own plays after the handoff rather than trying to force him up the middle. I'd also like to see those 3 WR sets all night. As long as they can give Brunell ample pocket time, he'll be fine. Brunell has an excellent field of vision.

Archived