Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OK, Now I'm Angry (at David Patten - merged)

InGibbsITrust

I haven't ever tried to search, so i didn't see the search bar. Anyways there were no post on this since this morning, so it' s not the biggest deal in the world.

My thread had a better caption anyways

Never said your thread was at fault. It just would be nice if its title was changed to the new title of the article. Or mentioned something about Patten being frustrated in it, that way others won't post the same thing. Not complaining to you. Just in general.

I haven't ever tried to search, so i didn't see the search bar. Anyways there were no post on this since this morning, so it' s not the biggest deal in the world.

My thread had a better caption anyways

Mordy, apparently it's a big enough deal to have the search being done that it's included in the Rules and Guidelines. Just fyi.

Its in the 2nd quarter, the redskins are down but they have the ball and are looking desperatly to start something, anything on offense. Its not looking good but there's still hope, we aren't out of it yet. Its 3rd and 10 Burnell gets the snap, waits, looks, gets some pressure and rolls out of the pocket to the right. He's looking, buying time with his legs and then he throws a perfect strike on the run to David F'ing Patton (to whose credit has come back to help out burnell). The ball is a little low and Patton has to go on his needs to catch it and then the unthinkable...it bounces off his freaking chest. Just bounces off. My 3 year old sister would be expected to catch that ball, forget a freaking NFL wide reciever who just signed a 15 million dollar contract.

I agree...that was one of the defining plays on Sunday. Except that Brunell rolled out to the left, not to the right. :)

Like many on this board i was, to put it mildly, slightly upset after Sundays destruction at the hands of the hated Giants. Upset but still glass half-full about the year. I figured the 49ers game and the Giants game was pretty much awash. We aren't as good as we looked against the 49ers and we aren't as bad as we were against the Giants. Anyway i was prepared to move on, to look ahead to Sunday night against the eagles (:eaglesuck) And then i go to the WaPo online and I feel like losing it.

In tomorrow's paper there is an article about David Patton complaining about being underutilized (thats how I read it anyhow). Lots of quotes from Patton crying about not getting catches, etc. I can now tell you how angry this makes me. Why you ask? Because of what i consider to be one of the biggest plays from yesterday's game.

Its in the 2nd quarter, the redskins are down but they have the ball and are looking desperatly to start something, anything on offense. Its not looking good but there's still hope, we aren't out of it yet. Its 3rd and 10 Burnell gets the snap, waits, looks, gets some pressure and rolls out of the pocket to the right. He's looking, buying time with his legs and then he throws a perfect strike on the run to David F'ing Patton (to whose credit has come back to help out burnell). The ball is a little low and Patton has to go on his needs to catch it and then the unthinkable...it bounces off his freaking chest. Just bounces off. My 3 year old sister would be expected to catch that ball, forget a freaking NFL wide reciever who just signed a 15 million dollar contract.

Anyway the drives over, we punt and my dad says (correctly), "thats it. we drop balls like that we have no chance against them today". and we didn't, as I'm sure we all noticed.

Pattons drop is not the only reason we lost that game Sunday but the gall of this guy to come out and complain after that showing is just beyond me. How dare he? How freaking dare he? Show up Patton. Show me something before you complain in the media and kick the team while its down. I love the Skins, I try not to be a fairweather fan and i'm sorry if I'm off base here but I had to get this off my chest. Hopefully you guys can talk me down. Thats all i got. Sorry about the length. :2cents:

P.S. Heres the article, what do you guys think?

First off, you should never EVER apologize for the legnth of a rant, especially if it's longer than 2 sentences. There have been rants that seemingly went on for days & got so off base from the original topic(s), it was ridiculous..& I'm just talking about my posts. ;)

As far as Patton goes, I have been wondering about his underuse myself (as I'm sure many of us have). I don't necessarily blame him for feeling that way. Maybe he feels that because he IS making $15 million, he should be getting the ball more. I'm glad he's "complaining" that he's not getting the ball more. All good WRs want the ball all the time...every play. Some are vocal about it, some are not. I have not read the article, yet, so I don't know what he says. But so far, it doesn't sound that bad. Unless he said something like, "I don't want to be here anymore," I wouldn't worry too much. At least, not yet.

Aside from that, I'm ready to move on from Sundays FLUKE against the Giants & focus on the Iggles. They will not have the same success that NY did. :eaglesuck

Who were the WRs that kept droping passes, Rod Gardner? Westbrook? God we've had so many bad WRs in the last decade that Moss looks like a hall of famer to us. Moss is great, but we need Patten to step up to the plate. In the meantime throw more to Thrash he always catches the ball.

Jeez. What would you folks want him to say?

"Hi! My name is David Patten. I'm glad I'm not making the plays I expect myself to make." ?

"I am very happy not to be getting the ball thrown my way." ?

"All I need to do is run and clear the way for Moss. Sure he gets a lot of the credit, but I don't care. "

"I get my money either way. Why get upset over something I cant control anyway?" ?

"I know I dropped the ball, but I'm rusty!" ?

Because thats the EXACT opposite of what he said in the artilce and a lot of you guys are PO'd? Are these the things you want him to say?

The guy WANTS to play. And he WANTS more chances to prove himself. You think he doesn't know he is not living up to his expectations let alone yours?

Come on. Mountain out of a mole hill.

The real problem is why the Giants were able to Maul Brunell all day while only rushing four limemen.

:logo:

Hey, Patten is just another player who played very well, if not fantastic for the team they were on, before Washington traded for them, or flat out just offered more money than they were being paid from the formet team. Do I need to go down the list? I don't know why or how, but these guys look like probowlers for them, and when the play for us, look no better than average. Patten was on the Superbowl Patrists and looked fantastik. He has not shown up for the Skins this year, I don't know if its bad luck, or maybe we don't put them in the right place at the right time. You are absolutely correct about him complaing expescialy after that dropped ball Sunday. You need to make those catches, Royal looked worst than he did I feel. How do you drop that ball in the end zone. All you need to do is hold on for one second in the end zone to be considered posetion. This is a game I will never forget for all the wrong reasons. 52 men who looked like an expansion team instead of a veteran team. I have a bad feeling about this year now. I just think this gives opposing teams all the confidence they will need to dismantle this team as the Giants did Sunday. I hope like hell I am wrong, but this game coming up will either propell this team to the playoffs, or have anlother losing year.

You can't read too much into this stuff.

They dont publish the questions that were asked.

"So David, you don't seem to be catching a lot of passes. Are you happy about that?"

What is he supposed to say? "Yes, I'm happy with my lack of production"?

So he says.

""It's been extremely frustrating, extremely frustrating, especially when you know you've been brought in to make plays and make things happen," said Patten, who left the defending champion for Washington. "It's not about being selfish, but you want to contribute to what they expect out of you. So from that standpoint, yeah, you want more balls; yeah, you want more production, but I'm not in control of that.

"I don't control where the quarterback goes with the ball or when my play is called, so the bottom line is being positive and focusing on the team aspect, and I've been conditioned over my nine years to do that. But it's extremely frustrating; I'd be lying if I told you anything otherwise. But it's just the way it is. It's the nature of the beast, and that's what shows a great team: when you have guys who can acknowledge that, accept that, and deal with what they are dealt with."

This doesn't sound like whining to me. It sounds like him being truthful about wanting to contribute more, but that he's a team guy and will try his best to be more of the offense within his own role.

No controversy. No disgruntled player. No locker room moaning and complaining. Here's a guy who wants to be more of a contributor, nothing more.

I've said it before. A WR who doesn't want the ball as much as he can get it is useless. A WR who doesn't think he can burn anyone in the NFL and wants to prove it is worthless.

Patten isn't causing trouble, The Post is.

~Bang

AGreed with Bang and others. Much ado about nothing. These 2 quotes taken together seem to show that.

"It's been extremely frustrating, extremely frustrating, especially when you know you've been brought in to make plays and make things happen," said Patten, who left the defending champion for Washington. "It's not about being selfish, but you want to contribute to what they expect out of you. So from that standpoint, yeah, you want more balls; yeah, you want more production, but I'm not in control of that.

------------------------

Followed by

"I don't control where the quarterback goes with the ball or when my play is called, so the bottom line is being positive and focusing on the team aspect, and I've been conditioned over my nine years to do that. But it's extremely frustrating; I'd be lying if I told you anything otherwise. But it's just the way it is. It's the nature of the beast, and that's what shows a great team: when you have guys who can acknowledge that, accept that, and deal with what they are dealt with."

Seems to me we're missing something here, like, the before mentioned questions.

Jeez. What would you folks want him to say?

"Hi! My name is David Patten. I'm glad I'm not making the plays I expect myself to make." ?

"I am very happy not to be getting the ball thrown my way." ?

"All I need to do is run and clear the way for Moss. Sure he gets a lot of the credit, but I don't care. "

"I get my money either way. Why get upset over something I cant control anyway?" ?

"I know I dropped the ball, but I'm rusty!" ?

Because thats the EXACT opposite of what he said in the artilce and a lot of you guys are PO'd? Are these the things you want him to say?

The guy WANTS to play. And he WANTS more chances to prove himself. You think he doesn't know he is not living up to his expectations let alone yours?

Come on. Mountain out of a mole hill.

The real problem is why the Giants were able to Maul Brunell all day while only rushing four limemen.

:logo:

I don't disagree that I like his passion to want to contribute, however...

...you DO NOT go blabbing to the papers and tell them how unhappy you are.

What purpose does that solve. We just got railroaded up the (rearend) and now you make matters worse and start acting like Meyshawn?

He should tell the coaches, or ask to be traded. Period. Keep everything in house. Things like this become a distraction.

Like many on this board i was, to put it mildly, slightly upset after Sundays destruction at the hands of the hated Giants. Upset but still glass half-full about the year. I figured the 49ers game and the Giants game was pretty much awash. We aren't as good as we looked against the 49ers and we aren't as bad as we were against the Giants. Anyway i was prepared to move on, to look ahead to Sunday night against the eagles (:eaglesuck) And then i go to the WaPo online and I feel like losing it.

In tomorrow's paper there is an article about David Patton complaining about being underutilized (thats how I read it anyhow). Lots of quotes from Patton crying about not getting catches, etc. I can now tell you how angry this makes me. Why you ask? Because of what i consider to be one of the biggest plays from yesterday's game.

Anyway the drives over, we punt and my dad says (correctly), "thats it. we drop balls like that we have no chance against them today". and we didn't, as I'm sure we all noticed.

Pattons drop is not the only reason we lost that game Sunday but the gall of this guy to come out and complain after that showing is just beyond me. How dare he? How freaking dare he? Show up Patton. Show me something before you complain in the media and kick the team while its down. I love the Skins, I try not to be a fairweather fan and i'm sorry if I'm off base here but I had to get this off my chest. Hopefully you guys can talk me down. Thats all i got. Sorry about the length. :2cents:

P.S. Heres the article, what do you guys think?

agree 100%. my jaw hit the floor when i saw that drop. you have to make that catch- esp if you haven't done much.

I've heard more than one defesive player state that Taylor Jacobs is the hardest to defend. Why is he not playing?

DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

There is the million dollar question.

How much did whining to the media help Arrington's playing time???????

Archived