Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patrick Ramsey: 4th quarter

H-O-G

THIS IS NOT A QB CONTROVERSY THREAD

-----------------------------------------

Let me start off by saying that, Mark Brunell HAS been very successful this season and has been producing. He has had multiple 300+ yard games this season and has 12 TD and 3 int on the season. The reason I think that Brunell was struggling in this game was that I believe they game planned for him not to leave the pocket protection. You did not see him rolling left and letting his recievers going deep or anything, instead he stayed in the pocket and wasn't the same Brunell we've seen these past couple weeks.

When Patrick Ramsey came in I knew we were giving up on the game. I was pleased seeing Ramsey make some nice throws over the middle. Ramsey was completing more passes because he is a better pocket QB.

I hope you guys don't give up on Brunell like last season, Brunell had a bad game but you can't suddenly hate him if you look back and look at the things hes done in the past games.

Thank you. :)

I never have been a Ramsey fan. He has the potential to be great, but he isn't a leader like Brunell. I honestly think this last game was meant to teach us fans a lesson from being over confident. Any team can be shut out on any given Sunday. I was extremely depressed yesterday from the horrible loss, but I realized that its just a game and they'll play with emotion next week to prove that they are a great team. Hopefully Ramsey and Campbell will develop into great QBs when Brunell is done.

Just my thoughts, but I think we should get rid of Ramsey ASAP...he looked good 4th quarter and hopefully some other scouters noticed it and will be willing to pay good money for him. I say focus on Jason Campbell and Mark Brunell and try to get as much as we can for Ramsey.

Did anyone read the OP's message or just assume it was bad? Wtf are yall on about? He gave props to Ramsey and hoped we wouldn't turn on Brunell.. wtf

the post is fine.

i might just caution that any good-looking passes ramsey threw in the 4th (i think he only had 3 completions) came in garbage time, to a 2nd-string prevent defense. there was nothing telling or confidence-building about his performance...it was the equivalent to the hand-off role he assumed late in the game against the niners. it might as well have been a generic preseason game at that point.

I know right, what is wrong with you people? Ramsey looked good when he came in. Whats wrong with saying that? HE DID.

For the record, the o line wasnt THAT bad yesterday, when Brunell did have time, nobody seemed to be open. It was a complete breakdown, but Id put the least blame on the oline, I think they did what they could.

the post is fine.

i might just caution that any good-looking passes ramsey threw in the 4th (i think he only had 3 completions) came in garbage time, to a 2nd-string prevent defense. there was nothing telling or confidence-building about his performance...it was the equivalent to the hand-off role he assumed late in the game against the niners. it might as well have been a generic preseason game at that point.

Just trying to clear up on why I felt Brunell was not playing well and Ramsey came in and completed several passes.

Then what is it?

If you took more than 3 seconds reading my post then you would realize that I was trying to explain why I felt Mark Brunell was not performing at the level that we all know he can, I suggest you read my first post nice and slow.

Ramsey completed two deep passes when the game was already over and the Giants were playing a base defense -- and one of them should have been picked. Yes, let's bench Brunell.

The game was over when Brunell was in late too. Except Mark wasn't throwing or even looking seriously downfield.

I don't think the Giants went into a base defense JUST when Ramsey went in. The game was over before that, makes no sense that they weren't doing that earlier.

Of course he was completing passes over the middle. That's all he does. Once they take that away, he becomes ineffective, because he's lousy on the perimeter, he has no touch on the short throws, and his deep ball is both inaccurate and too low in trajectory.

I do think Ramsey looked pretty good, although it can be deceiving to look at the end of a game that has already been decided. I really think Gibbs may be keeping him around and will give him another chance if the right situationn comes up. Right now, though, one bad game for Brunell does not make a quarterback controversy. Brunell is the starter. Period.

Then what is it?

I believe his intentions were to say that Ramsey filled in admirably. He knows that Brunell is our starting QB and he wants to keep it that way. It's nice to know that if Brunell goes down with an injury (knock on wood) that Ramsey is showing that he can move this offense.

Good post! It shows you actually stuck out watching the stinkfest too.

Of course he was completing passes over the middle. That's all he does. Once they take that away, he becomes ineffective, because he's lousy on the perimeter, he has no touch on the short throws, and his deep ball is both inaccurate and too low in trajectory.

I agree on the perimeter and deep, but you forget that he was the most accurate passer in the league, according to that football scientist dude, on short passes. Not only that his touch went up immeasurably last season compared to his previous two.

I'd add his perimeter throws on deep progressing routes are poor, not outs and curls and hooks.

Archived