Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roll Call for all Skins Fans

Mickalino

Cautiously Optimistic.....

Anything can happen any given week. It's cliched but also true. Tampa lost in Frisco. No one saw that. I believed going into this game we could win. The Giants D stinks. Still does. However we caught the Giants during an emotional week. They went out and won for Wellington Mara. If the Colts played the Giants the Colts would no longer be undefeated. The G men were that good today.

Hell, my grand dad watched the Redskins for decades before he got to see them win the first Superbowl. He said us kids were all lucky and had it made & didn't know how good we had it. He died, I got to see them win two more. I watch the Redskins win or lose. And I can call the Redskins bad when they are & it has no bearing on my affection for the team. The Redskins laid an egg today, but I like where they are going. This team is ahead of schedule at a year & half.

I'm pessimistic because of the way the last couple of years have gone for us. I know that the boys will step it up the next week but geez. To sit and watch this team that put up 52 the previous week, come out against the Gmen and lay a goose egg on the scoreboard has to do damage to the already fragile psyche of and Skins fan. How many of these optimists actually watched the entire game to it's finish? If you did, hats off to ya.

Cautiously Optimistic here. Being as young as I am, I've never really had a chance to see the Redskins play a great season. I never had the pleasure of seeing Joe Gibbs' first tenure.

Every Monday of football season after a Skins game, win or lose, I'd wear my redskins gear through the sea of Dallas Fans that seem to fester in DC... sat through High School over in T. Roosevelt and almost always heckled for showing the burgundy and gold. Win or lose. Playoff spot or no.

But you know what? Those fews ups keep me highly sustained through the downs. It was through the downs that I learned how much character our team actual has. That's the real reason why I love this team. It's not about the stats, else I would be a bandwagon fan of the Patriots or something. That's not what football is about.

So. Long story short, I can't help but feel like we'll prove them all wrong, one game at a time...and yet prepared at the same time to do just like I did in High School.

So yeah. Cautiously Optimistic here. Hail to the Redskins.

Archived