Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYDN: Redskins' insult Pierces Giants LB

bubba9497

I think Pierce has been the only consistent LB this year for us. Barrett is on IR, I doubt Emmons will play Sunday, Torbor has been hurt and Greisen was recently inserted into the starting lineup.

I like Pierce's aggressiveness and I am a huge fan about how he sheds a block to make the tackle, he's got nice vision.

As far a Griffen, he never lived up to his rookie season when he was with us.

He had a monster year last year for you guys, something I did not expect.

Would have liked to keep him in hindsight, but he just wasn't that type of player his final year in blue.- Proved me and the Giants wrong I guess.

I am tired of hearing and reading his winey crap. STFU and just play. He wanted the money and so he left. Look the contract the Skins offered was comparable to what the Giants offered. So if he really did not want to leave he would not have left. Given the cost of living increase the Giants and other New York teams have to toss their players, it was almost an identical contract. He is an ass, and he is just looking for an opportunity to get pumped up to play....yawn

Didn't we not resign Pierce because we didn't want to pay him more than we paid marcus Washington the year before. Marcus Washington was the redskins linebacker that went to the Probowl last season, not AP. I guess he couldn't convince anyone in the front office that he was more valuable than Washington.

Let this guy keep running his mouth. Its just more bulletin board material for our team. Everyone on our team is going to want to punch AP in his mouth. I dont think that anyone on the Giants is going to be playing with any extra emotion just because Pierce didn't get the contract he wanted from the Skins last year. I know Antonio has a reputation as a smart linebacker, but what he's doing isn't smart.

I hope Pierce plays great 14 out of 16 weeks(minus the 2 against us). The better he plays, the better the compensatory pick we'll get for him leaving. Right now, it looks like a 3rd for him. Marshall and a 3rd > Pierce

I thought he left as an UFR...

I dont think we get anything?

Even Pierce himself said that he got more money than he expected. If someone wants to overpay for one of your players, what can you do?

yup, both Pierce and Smoot were overpayed...

Skins werent gonna pay Pierce more than Washington

or Smoot more than Springs....good decisions...

Pierce really got lit up by LT in SD...

I think Pierce has been the only consistent LB this year for us. Barrett is on IR, I doubt Emmons will play Sunday, Torbor has been hurt and Greisen was recently inserted into the starting lineup.

I like Pierce's aggressiveness and I am a huge fan about how he sheds a block to make the tackle, he's got nice vision.

As far a Griffen, he never lived up to his rookie season when he was with us.

He had a monster year last year for you guys, something I did not expect.

Would have liked to keep him in hindsight, but he just wasn't that type of player his final year in blue.- Proved me and the Giants wrong I guess.

I'm not at all surprised you like the guy. He had a great year for us and he made a good rags-to-riches story the way he came out of nowhere. When he left he was a fan favorite and most wished him well. Since then we've gotten sick of the man's jilted-lover bitterness, a surprise to everyone especially since he left for a difference in $$$ that was relatively small. A month ago I'd have told you I'm glad he's working out. Can't honestly say that now.

Lemar Marshall signed for a lot less than Pierce did, and he played almost as much. Sure not as many stats, but a solid performance nonetheless. On one side, I understand why these people want bigger contracts as they want security, but I hate when they bring in 'fair market value' ideals. It's an honor just to play for a team in my opinion, and I see nothing wrong with a 4-5 million SB and maybe a 15-20 million contract overall for 5 years. That's being rather generous still I feel, most people could just live off the interest of a 5 million signing bonus.

When he and smoot left coach buges made the comment of them soo much for being lifetime skins, throw alittle money at them and they leave.our offer to both of them was not that far off just structerd differently.he said he wanted to to stay, but he booked, the days of throwing money at someone with out thought is over.he should be here as a skin but he chose to leave.his choice, and yet he blames the skins, i just don't get it.

I thought he left as an UFR...

I dont think we get anything?

Yeah we do get compensation, based upon the complicated NFL formula for how many guys you sign, lose and how they perform. For us, we only signed one impact free agent, Rabach, and lost 2 guys having an impact, Pierce and Smoot. We'll probably end up with a 3rd or a 4th for each of them.

Archived