Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYDN: Redskins' insult Pierces Giants LB

bubba9497

Redskins' insult Pierces Giants LB

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/story/359626p-306388c.html

Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce has had Sunday's game against the Redskins circled on his calendar for a while. He's been itching for a chance to prove they made a mistake by letting him go.

"You put in a lot of time and work with one team and you don't want to move around," Pierce said. "But at the same time you have to feel appreciated. I think the coaches appreciated me, but I don't think other people in the front office did."

Pierce said the Redskins made little effort to sign him before he signed a six-year, $26 million contract with the Giants just a few days into the free-agent signing period in March.

"It was just a difference of opinion of value and loyalty between me and the front office," he said. "During the season I had no intentions of leaving. But it comes to a point where you see so many people come and go in that organization and you just want to be treated as fair as other people when you put in your time and effort."

Pierce would probably be glad to know that Redskins coach Joe Gibbs said yesterday it was "my mistake" letting Pierce get away. Regardless, Pierce will be looking forward to the game.

"Yeah, just because you've got people that say you can't do stuff and you want to prove them wrong," he said. "This is a team I was with for four years and you wouldn't think that you'd have to prove that team wrong, but it's just how it works."

OVER TIME: LB Barrett Green was placed on season-ending injured reserve after an examination of his injured ankle by Carolina orthopedist Dr. Robert Anderson determined "there was more extensive review and work that would have to be done," Tom Coughlin said. "And the timing is just not very good for us to continue to wait." Green played in one game this year.

INJURY REPORT: An MRI on LB Carlos Emmons revealed what Coughlin called a "slight tear" of his right pectoral muscle. He did not practice yesterday and is questionable for Sunday. ... WR Plaxico Burress (shoulder) and WR David Tyree (left elbow) also missed practice and are questionable. ... DE Michael Strahan missed practice with what a team spokesman said was an "illness."

GIANT TRIBUTE: In Wellington Mara's honor, a white oval patch with his initials (WTM) will be worn on the left shoulder of the Giants' uniforms for the rest of the season. ... LB Alonzo Jackson was signed off the Eagles' practice squad to replace Green.

That's ok.....G-Men got AP, we got C. Griffin.

...and nobodys talking about how Griffin was "disrespected" by the Giants. His situation is no different than Griffins. This is silly the way Pierce blames the Skins for not meeting his contract demands. :doh:

The title of the article doesn't look right to me. "Redskins' insult Pierces Giants LB" who is Pierces? I know who Pierce is. I can't read any article where the title wasn't proofed.

I think they mean it as a verb and a pun on his name. If it weren't a title, "Pierces" wouldn't have been capitalized.

That added to the confusion a little.

Still... eff him.

He left for the money, knowbody said "AP please leave" He thinks he wasnt getting the money he should be getting. Bull $%#@$% and when we win the division this year and hes sitting on his couch in New York watching the Redskins in the playoff's we'll see who made the better decision

We have to give it up too him, he had a great year, last year. He was one of the reason we had just a good d aginst the run and dont forget his pics too. He one smart ass linebacker. Probably one of the best middle linebackers since derek smith. He sould of made the pro bowl over trotter. I think we would of been better with him but **** happen. Redskins alway get rid of good players. I wonder if we still had AP if our defense would be ranked higher aginst run. And if we would of even given up big running plays that cost us. Because right now our mike linebacker is average. Not pro bowler at all..

I"m officially sick of pierce. He needs to be put in his place. He was an undrafted player who we took a chance on and gave a contract. Then we gave him an opportunity at MLB where he had never played before. And then we offered him a deal he said was close to what the giants offered. He's bullcrap. He wasnt even a difference maker on the team last year. He is a smart player, but he doesnt make plays or cause turnovers. This is just ridiculous

"Yeah, just because you've got people that say you can't do stuff and you want to prove them wrong," he said. "This is a team I was with for four years and you wouldn't think that you'd have to prove that team wrong, but it's just how it works."

:violin:

See you Sunday AP:D.

Archived