Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Check out the big brain on Stephen Jackson! (MERGED)

Spaceman Spiff

AI is nowhere near a thug.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Funniest post of the year... I've known Iverson since he was 7 or 8, went to the same high school, my brother was actually in the same class and played sports with and against him since age 7 or 8.

Iverson has been ,still is and probably always will be a drug dealing thug.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Funniest post of the year... I've known Iverson since he was 7 or 8, went to the same high school, my brother was actually in the same class and played sports with and against him since age 7 or 8.

Iverson has been ,still is and probably always will be a drug dealing thug.

So he is still selling drugs and practicing thuggery as we speak?

Don't get me started on Iverson.

Players from the NBA went into the stands and attacked paying patrons during a game last year. Then the next year the league comes out with a professional dress code. Is anyone really surprised by this?

Didn't Iverson have a coin hit him while he was on the bench when they played in Detroit? And didn't he forgive the guy for doing it?

I doubt he's selling drugs, probably just giving them away, and yes, he is still a thug.

Code what makes him a thug??? The only reason I ask this is because that I have never heard him been described as a thug. When I think about thug, Iverson doesn't come to mind.

You heard it here first: Wearing chains and throwbacks is equatable to hate speech and expression.

It is ok to have your own style on the basketball court, but off of it you can't have you own style...unless it is making the NBA money??

Code what makes him a thug??? The only reason I ask this is because that I have never heard him been described as a thug. When I think about thug, Iverson doesn't come to mind.

Maybe my past knowledge of him has a lot to do with my judgement of him.

Iverson has always been in trouble. Since an early age. In High School, there were 2 incidents that were basically covered up, 1, he punched an english teacher, I could post the person's name, but that probably wouldn't be appropriate, he was not charged because the football coach, who was also an english teacher, played the "he's from a bad background" card. He went through 10 days of in school suspension, for something he should have been expelled for. The second incident involved him beating up another student in gym class. The "bad background" card was played again and the school didn't do anything other than in school suspension. He was a known drug dealer.

He intimidated everyone, with his posse. He would play pick up basketball games at Jeff Davis Middle school on Todds ln in Hampton Va. He would force others to leave the courts or threaten violence (as long as he was with his posse). I had basebally practice at Davis middle school, right beside the basketball courts and saw this go on daily. I could go on but I don't want to have a 10 page post.

I don't even need to talk about his bowling alley brawl... btw, the girl that he hit over the head with a chair was a middle school classmate of mine and she was a white girl that dated black guys... yeah, I bet she was saying racial slurs... :rolleyes:

Anyway, since being a pro basketball player, he's been through numerous well documented run in's with the law.

That = thug to me.

BTW, during Middle and High school, Iverson did NOT live in the projects as urban legend would have you belive. He lived in Farmington, one of Hampton's nicer developments with his High School Basketball coach, Mr. Bailey and his family.

In your own house, you can wear whatever you want. While representing the NBA, you cannot.

Unless is makes the NBA money. I think if these so called sponsors have a problem with the way the NBA players dress, that is their problem. The NBA should also stop playing Hip hop music in the arenas and stop having the dancers for the NBA teams wear next to nothing or revealing clothes if they arer so concerned about the "image" of the NBA. Very hypocritical of the NBA. I have no problem with the dress code per se, but the reason for instituting it is such BS.

Unless is makes the NBA money. I think if these so called sponsors have a problem with the way the NBA players dress, that is their problem. The NBA should also stop playing Hip hop music in the arenas and stop having the dancers for the NBA teams wear next to nothing or revealing clothes if they arer so concerned about the "image" of the NBA. Very hypocritical of the NBA. I have no problem with the dress code per se, but the reason for instituting it is such BS.

The reason is money. The NBA thinks they can get more money from people who are turned off by the thug imagery.

It's really that simple.

Maybe my past knowledge of him has a lot to do with my judgement of him.

Iverson has always been in trouble. Since an early age. In High School, there were 2 incidents that were basically covered up, 1, he punched an english teacher, I could post the person's name, but that probably wouldn't be appropriate, he was not charged because the football coach, who was also an english teacher, played the "he's from a bad background" card. He went through 10 days of in school suspension, for something he should have been expelled for. The second incident involved him beating up another student in gym class. The "bad background" card was played again and the school didn't do anything other than in school suspension. He was a known drug dealer.

He intimidated everyone, with his posse. He would play pick up basketball games at Jeff Davis Middle school on Todds ln in Hampton Va. He would force others to leave the courts or threaten violence (as long as he was with his posse). I had basebally practice at Davis middle school, right beside the basketball courts and saw this go on daily. I could go on but I don't want to have a 10 page post.

I don't even need to talk about his bowling alley brawl... btw, the girl that he hit over the head with a chair was a middle school classmate of mine and she was a white girl that dated black guys... yeah, I bet she was saying racial slurs... :rolleyes:

Anyway, since being a pro basketball player, he's been through numerous well documented run in's with the law.

That = thug to me.

ok i get your point... but how about how Iverson is now..didn't he get pardoned by the Governor regarding the bowling alley brawl and wasn't the conviction overturned?? All of us have things in our past that we have done that we are not proud of...but that does not mean you are the same person you were back in middle school..when do you get credit for changing as a person...you mean to tell me he has not changed at all, and therefore he is still a thug??

So why did the NBA market this so called thug image before if it was a problem?

Im not sure they did market it. They allowed it certainly. And they've promoted other things (like those mentioned).

But even if they had, they've changed that course now.

Similar to Vegas marketing itself as a family destination in the 90s. They realized the money was from people who wanted an "adult" playground, so they reversed course much like the NBA is doing (or attempting to do).

ok i get your point... but how about how Iverson is now..didn't he get pardoned by the Governor regarding the bowling alley brawl and wasn't the conviction overturned?? All of us have things in our past that we have done that we are not proud of...but that does not mean you are the same person you were back in middle school..when do you get credit for changing as a person...you mean to tell me he has not changed at all, and therefore he is still a thug??

The funny thing about his being "pardoned" was that there were 2 other young men that had NO priors. Iverson had several. He was pardoned, they were not. He was pardoned only because of basketball. He should still be in jail IMO.

I understand what you are saying about being a "changed person", but he hasn't done anything that would lead me to believe that he has changed.

When he comes back to Hampton, he's always around trouble. He's smart enough to keep himself clean, but if he's around, something bad is happening. The police officers are even aware of that, even the black ones... imagine that... :laugh:

pot, then coke supposedly. I don't have first hand knowledge of that, but it was common knowledge and I do know for a fact that he was caught in school with pot.

So basically what you are saying is that you don't know for sure if he sold drugs or not...ok got caught with pot...if that makes you a thug then there are a gang of thugs out here...a lot of them live in Amsterdam..in fact a lot of them might be on ES for all we know. Shoot Nate Newton, Marion Barry, Judge Mathis, are all thugs by this definition.

The funny thing about his being "pardoned" was that there were 2 other young men that had NO priors. Iverson had several. He was pardoned, they were not. He was pardoned only because of basketball. He should still be in jail IMO.

I understand what you are saying about being a "changed person", but he hasn't done anything that would lead me to believe that he has changed.

When he comes back to Hampton, he's always around trouble. He's smart enough to keep himself clean, but if he's around, something bad is happening. The police officers are even aware of that, even the black ones... imagine that... :laugh:

But we are not talking about the 2 other men...He got pardoned and the conviction overturned...basically saying that he should not have been found guilty at all...wasn't the Judge for his case a graduate of the Rival HS to Bethel?? I have heard that played into him being sentenced to 6 years in the first place...it can't be all because he played basketball Code...give Gov. Wilder and the State of VA a little more credit than that for pardoning him.

So basically what you are saying is that you don't know for sure if he sold drugs or not...ok got caught with pot...if that makes you a thug then there are a gang of thugs out here...a lot of them live in Amsterdam..in fact a lot of them might be on ES for all we know. Shoot Nate Newton, Marion Barry, Judge Mathis, are all thugs by this definition.

Id definately agree with Marion Barry being a thug... :D

I know he sold drugs, I know the guy who got shot locally a few years back by some Feds. The guy (who's name I'll leave out) was at a local bar, Rooney's, and the Feds saw him dealing drugs, they followed him out and tried to bust him, gun shots were fired, the guy I know was shot, by the feds, but he ended up winning a lawsuit against them because they were not supposed to be armed in an establishment selling alcohol and they had been drinking themselves.

Anyway, he is a close friend of my brothers, and he has admitted to buying drugs from Iverson, as recently as 4 years ago. Iverson also sponsors his Softball team. I'll give Bubbachuck credit, he gave them nice ass gear. Cool reebok cleats and top of the line uniforms.

Im not sure they did market it. They allowed it certainly. And they've promoted other things (like those mentioned).

But even if they had, they've changed that course now.

Similar to Vegas marketing itself as a family destination in the 90s. They realized the money was from people who wanted an "adult" playground, so they reversed course much like the NBA is doing (or attempting to do).

I understasnd changing course, but change course all the way around...Don't tell me that the clothes are making the NBA have an image problem, but then still turn around and play 50 Cent in your arena..we all know 50 Cent's lyrics are not "family friendly".

But we are not talking about the 2 other men...He got pardoned and the conviction overturned...basically saying that he should not have been found guilty at all...wasn't the Judge for his case a graduate of the Rival HS to Bethel?? I have heard that played into him being sentenced to 6 years in the first place...it can't be all because he played basketball Code...give Gov. Wilder and the State of VA a little more credit than that for pardoning him.

Bwaahhhaaaahahahahahah.....

It was nothing but political. There was video evidence of him hitting the female I mentioned over the head with a chair. Bethel's rival HS is Hampton High, I never recall that ever being any type of issue. The issue was race and race alone. The black community felt that Iverson, the local basketball star that rose from poverty was being picked on. Wilder pardoned him, that doesn't mean he shouldn't have been found guilty, it means that the govenor has the power to let someone he wants out of jail.

Bwaahhhaaaahahahahahah.....

It was nothing but political. There was video evidence of him hitting the female I mentioned over the head with a chair. Bethel's rival HS is Hampton High, I never recall that ever being any type of issue. The issue was race and race alone. The black community felt that Iverson, the local basketball star that rose from poverty was being picked on. Wilder pardoned him, that doesn't mean he shouldn't have been found guilty, it means that the govenor has the power to let someone he wants out of jail.

I still don't see him a s a thug...now in the past he very well could have been a thug, but now, I don't see it, but hey everyone has their perception of him.

Archived