Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Intersting Stat!

scrol14

We are 2nd to last in turnover margin. Minus 8. We have got 1 fumble and 1 interception. We have lost 7 fumbles and 3 interceptions.

Saints are last at -11

Bengals are first at +16! Thats one good reason they are off to their best start in a long time.

Does anyone else feel that our blitzing is few and far between

We have had 5 sacks and given up 14. This was one of the elite defenses in the league. Injury or not we have to get some pressure.

We had several chances yesterday to turn the ball over but they choked. Walt Harris had a pass come right to him and he decided to just let it bounce off his hands...The other was when Sean Taylor popped the ball out but it went straight into KC's hands again.

I agree our secondary has been beat up so we're not going to blitz as much. Also gregg williams said that teams were kind of suprised last year how much we blitzed, this year they aren't going to be as suprised and teams can adjust. If we would have blitzed bledsoe all game he would have picked us apart, same goes for trent green.

with a banged up secondary williams isnt going to blitz that much

That makes sense however if we have a banged up secondary and we don't pressure the QB he can pick them apart anyway. It's a lesser of two evils really. Don't blitz and give the QB all day to find an open receiver or blitz and allow a good receiver to exploit our weak secondary, that is unless we can get all of our starters back. Bottom line is we have to make opposing offenses fear the blitz if not it's going to be a long agonizing season.

To me this is the most telling stat of all. We have played well in both loses. Turnovers decided the game in KC and contributed to the loss in Denver. The lack of generating turnovers by the defense and ST and the turnovers given up by the offense are killing us right now.

This is turning into a Lavar thread in....

3, 2, 1...

We can get TO's w/o Lavar. I think maybe there is a little bit of bad Karma as Earl would say. When they hit Rock they had a guy right there to scoop it and go to the house. when Taylor hit Holmes the frickin ball went right to a o-lineman, (bad-Karma)

It has to turn at some point

We are 2nd to last in turnover margin. Minus 8. We have got 1 fumble and 1 interception. We have lost 7 fumbles and 3 interceptions.

Saints are last at -11

Bengals are first at +16! Thats one good reason they are off to their best start in a long time.

Does anyone else feel that our blitzing is few and far between

We have had 5 sacks and given up 14. This was one of the elite defenses in the league. Injury or not we have to get some pressure.

Some of this is luck as well. We are middle of the pack in forced fumbles but haven't gotten any good bounces. I wonder how many other teams have forced 9 fumbles but only recovered 1. We've also had 4 forced fumbles, by my count, that were incorrectly ruled down by contact.

Either way we do need to get more pressure on the QB. That is the breeding ground for turnovers. We should have all our CBs back this weekend so hopefully that is the cure.

Some of this is luck as well. We are middle of the pack in forced fumbles but haven't gotten any good bounces. I wonder how many other teams have forced 9 fumbles but only recovered 1. We've also had 4 forced fumbles, by my count, that were incorrectly ruled down by contact.

Either way we do need to get more pressure on the QB. That is the breeding ground for turnovers. We should have all our CBs back this weekend so hopefully that is the cure.

Bad Karma! It is going to change

We had several chances yesterday to turn the ball over but they choked. Walt Harris had a pass come right to him and he decided to just let it bounce off his hands...The other was when Sean Taylor popped the ball out but it went straight into KC's hands again.

sometimes getting Turnovers is just pure luck. Yet at the same time we need playmakers in order to put us in that position. Right now we don't have many of them. This "bend but don't break" crap on defense is not a good formula to use against the KC's and Denver's of the world. Especially, when we turn the ball over to them.

We will throw a lot at Alex Smith but we may not blitz as much as you might think. I have a feeling any blitzing we do will be to tie up the RB and take away the screen or outlet pass that Alex Smith may be depending on to keep him out of trouble.

And here's another interesting stat: We are playing teams back to back that have just come off a bye week. Think Jerry Jones being on the Competition Committee has anything to do with that? :paranoid:

Archived