Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Is the QB Controversy Officially Over?

JimmiJo

Yes, but now there is an o-line controversy...

:D

I love it that we have what, a couple million fans, and that we are able to both love the team (live and die with them) but argue about every personnel move made under the Ashburn Sun.

That answer is incorrect.

Vince Lombardi said that if a receiver can touch the ball, he can catch it. While Portis had to stretch, the ball that was picked hit him in BOTH hands and was catchable. MB threw it is a place that no-one else other than CP could have caught it, except that he tipped it up in the air.

Please look at the third-down conversion percentage if you don't think the QB play is good, or will concern anyone. Also consider that the Hawks were about the best at preventing 3rd-down conversions coming into today. And they were 8th against the pass.

Edit: From the Associated Press:

"On third downs, Brunell was 11-for-15 for 138 yards. He simply wore down the Seattle defense with a 21:57-to-8:03 domination of time of possession in the first half."!

I saw the replay. You shouldn't have a receiver stretch that much to catch a pass. I also doubt that Brunell intended that pass to be that far outside.

No doubt, his third down performance was great, but the fact that we were in that many third and long situations is a pretty big problem. We need to do more on first and second down.

Jason

I saw the replay. You shouldn't have a receiver stretch that much to catch a pass. I also doubt that Brunell intended that pass to be that far outside.

No doubt, his third down performance was great, but the fact that we were in that many third and long situations is a pretty big problem. We need to do more on first and second down.

Jason

Well you do raise an interesting point, that we should be getting 1st downs sooner and more often. With that I agree. However, MB threw the ball where no-one else should have been able to catch it, and for this reason I do not blame him for it.

I love it that we have what, a couple million fans, and that we are able to both love the team (live and die with them) but argue about every personnel move made under the Ashburn Sun.

Hey man, Its all part of being a fan.

Here's to being 3-0 ... :cheers:

HTTR!!

Jason

It doesn't matter how many third downs we were in. All that matters is that we moved the ball. It doesn't matter if we gain 10 yds on 1st down or 3rd or even 4th down. A first down keeps the drive alive. By the way, we get into a lot of third and longs because late in the game we try to run and get stuffed. And the run plays are predictable just by looking at the formation and the tendencies.

Two games in a row Mark has made plays with his legs. Correct me if I'm wrong but PR would have probably tried to force the ball into double coverage. I still like PR a lot but Gibbs obviously is a better judge of talent then most of us are.

I sit before you and bow my head in shame for ever doubting Gibbs the great. Let's just hope PR will still want to play for us if Mark goes down.

What can you say? Brunell is producing. If you micromanage him you could say that some of his 16 incompletions were poor throws, and they were! Could Pat make some of those throws? Maybe. Pat probably would not have made that scramble on third and nine either. Two different style QBs and even though I still say Pat got shafted, how can you say anything against Brunell until he loses.

What can you say? Brunell is producing. If you micromanage him you could say that some of his 16 incompletions were poor throws, and they were! Could Pat make some of those throws? Maybe. Pat probably would not have made that scramble on third and nine either. Two different style QBs and even though I still say Pat got shafted, how can you say anything against Brunell until he loses.

AMEN! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Brunell's scrambles the last two games have impressed me more than anything.

I am one of Ramsey's biggest fans, but I knew it was the right decision when it was made. I hope Ramsey can regain his form sometime and somewhere so his career can blossom, but I still think Steve Spurrier was the one that gave him the screw over of his life by letting him get beat into a corpse during his tenure. When that happens you are never the same QB again. I lived to tell the tale personally in High School, and even Sonny Jergunson has said this about Ramsey when it all happened.

And yes, I believe (As well as hope the contraversy is dead).

By the way did any body else see the sideline when that Interception happened? Brunnell hung his head and got depressed but Ramsey was the very first man over there to lift him up and encourage him. What a classy guy. I love Ramsey.

But Go Brunnell! Get us to the playoffs! :point2sky

Let's just hope PR will still want to play for us if Mark goes down.

Nothing in Ramsey's nature suggests to me that he wouldn't play as hard as he possibly could if given the opportunity. He might not make the greatest decisions in the world, but the guy is a gamer, and he has something to prove.

Besides, even if he absolutely HATED Gibbs and the Skins, if he gets into another game he's auditioning for a starting slot somewhere else. I'm really glad he did not get traded away.

Am I still a Ramsey fan? Yes. Do I favor replacing Brunell after the Dallas and Seattle games? Definitely not.

The reason I disagreed with the decision to replace Ramsey was 1: He did nothing to merit being replaced, and 2: it was flirting with disaster if Brunell again played like last season. But despite what happened then, Brunell is now our starter and I don't favor making a switch unless he plays poorly and does something which merits being replaced. I desire continuity at QB and my position has been consistent, weather with Ramsey or Brunell.

Glad to see Brunell and the offense showing some improvement. It will need to continue to improve if we hope to keep our winning streak alive. Here's hoping it does.

Archived