Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington or Holdman

SKiNz Jus 2 sick

i havnt heard Holdmans name mentiond much during any game

5 tackles and 2 solo

now yall can say what you want but i know arrington would have done alot better then that in the coarse of the 1st 3 games

If we can say what we want, but you'll know better, why did you bother posting a poll??

Quite frankly I'm getting a bit sick of Holdman logging so many minutes. Arrington could really help this team right now, espescially since Williams has Taylor primarily playing in coverage and the only playmaker that we have near the line of scrimmage is Washington.

I think Arrington's still hobbled too. He's got too much talent to keep him off the field. Not to mention the fact that he's the one guy we have who can pressure the QB by himself -- something we need right now.

I mean afterall, is the premise that Arrington's a great player, but Gregg Williams isn't smart enough to make him fit into the system? HIGHLY doubtful.

Quite frankly I'm getting a bit sick of Holdman logging so many minutes. Arrington could really help this team right now, espescially since Williams has Taylor primarily playing in coverage and the only playmaker that we have near the line of scrimmage is Washington.

If he is still hurt a bit (i.e. draining of knee as recently as two weeks ago) and if he still has not picked up the entire defense how exactly can Arrington help the team as much as you are indicating in your post? Again, none of us have all of the information, you just have to think that the coachs would not do anything to put the team in a bad position. If this means Lavar sits for the first 3,4,6 games, then so be it.

If he is still hurt a bit (i.e. draining of knee as recently as two weeks ago) and if he still has not picked up the entire defense how exactly can Arrington help the team as much as you are indicating in your post? Again, none of us have all of the information, you just have to think that the coachs would not do anything to put the team in a bad position. If this means Lavar sits for the first 3,4,6 games, then so be it.

Agreed. I trust the coaches.

Greg Williams is starting to believe his own hype:doh: I liked him better with a chip on his shoulder. He is sitting fat and happy now. Our defense let up today when it counted we were sitting on a lead and Seattle marched down the field twice while Sean and Lavar were on the bench:doh: If the kick doesn't hit the up right the whole board is singing a different tune.

But it did hit the upright and we are 3-0 :cheers:

Arrington is the most overrated player in the NFL. He is never going to amount to anything. Holdman is part of a WINNING defense.

And to believe Redskin fans are agreeing with the infamous-idiot Westbrook36...

:doh:

I have no idea what is up with this...

But, saying he "isn't fit for the scheme" isn't satisfying me. I really want a straight answer about this.

We need to ask Greg Williams or Joe Gibbs about this if we have anymore of the chats where we can ask questions.

Am I alone in my opinion about this?

I can't see how Lavar isn't a good fit for our D. The guy can ball, enough of this talk about him not being worth anything. We've all seen him make huge plays and i"m sure he's ready to disprove all the critics. There has to be something going on. It might be that he hasn't fully recovered from his injury or the coaches are being extra cautious not wanting to be publicly criticized for playing an injured player like last year.

Holdman isn`t doing anything. I think Arrington is still hurt. Williams is saying Arrington doesn`t fit into the defensive scheme. Bull, Williams love to pressure QB`s ,who`s better than Arrington at that job.I hope they keep him. We are winning games now and he could be a key player for our defence.

Arrington is the most overrated player in the NFL. He is never going to amount to anything. Holdman is part of a WINNING defense.

Agreed.

Why are people comparing LaVar to Holdman?!? On today's depth chart, Arrington is a baby step above Zak Kesey. Not that Zak Kesey is bad or anything, I hope they sign him the practice squad this week.

what really makes me sick is how the same so called skin fans here can turn on LA like you are, knowing damn well he has busted his ass for this team back when he had no help and now that he is hurt and not playing or GW is not letting him play, you turn on him. You know just what has Holdman done? oh yea thats right not a damn thing. I think LA is getting reemed by our own coaching staff. Yea its great to win but our D didn't look good at all today and 1 sack and no up front pressure. It's just so damn silly to see how people that once stood behind a man that had to carry the team on his shoulders for the past 4 years and now that he is hurt and not getting the playing time, you turn on him. :mad:

It is true that the defense has played well without Arrington, but that does not mean that they could not play better with him. If you look at this defense the top two things that we need to improve on is pressuring the QB and causing turnovers. These happen to be the two things that Lavar does best. You put Lavar in there and he instantly makes the other players around him better. Offenses must constantly be aware of where he is and keep a back in to help protect the QB on passing downs. That takes a receiver out of the mix and therfore gives the DBacks more options. I find it hard to believe that any offense is truly concerned with Holdman. If Arrington is healthy then not playing him is a tremendous mistake.

I still think some of it has to do with that contract settlement they resolved over that dispute. It was structured that LaVar would get the money he said they owed him, (and they say they never agreed upon) if he goes to the pro-bowl. And if LaVar isn't on the field then he's not going to get his stats or go to the pro-bowl and as long as we're winning, no body could care less if he is on the field. As long as we're winning they can get away with it.

I just don't understand why you wouldn't let LaVar do his thing though. Here we have a guy who has all the talent and abilities in the world in the exact same mold of Lawrence Taylor, but who is a much classier guy, and yet you won't let him unleash those talents to help your team. So what if he wants to freelance? Lawrence Taylor did it his whole career and won the Giants 2 Superbowls and is going to the Hall of Fame because of it. So why can't LaVar make the Team Successful and help us doing the exact same thing?

He's a play maker. So let the man make plays. Simple as that.

Not to mention LT was one of the most feared Defensive players of all time. Lavar could be this too if they let him. How can a guy with LaVar's abilities NOT help your team???? He'll increase the chances of pressuring the QB and forcing turnovers, wich are precisely the 2 main areas our defense currently needs help with.

Exactly. LaVar still not being 100% is exactly what I took away from the G.Williams interview here at EXTREMESKINS.

I can't see how LaVar couldn't pick up the play book after 2 training camps and seasons with Gregg Williams. He was injured, It's not like he retired and went on vacation in Tahiti.

Plus LaVar is not that stupid. He's had 4 defensive playbooks to learn in 4 season in a row. Common Sense says that he's learned all those playbooks in a short period of time judging by his performances on the field.

As Marvin Lewis once said, " The problem with Lavar is Lavar". Maybe his family in the box will start to publicy critize Coach Williams!!! Listen we all know that Lavar can be great, but there has to be things happening that the coaches see that us fans don't. Furthermore, if he got hurt again he would blame the coaches for bringing him back to soon. Coach Williams needs to do what he thinks is best for this defense, and I think he is doing that!!!

I am watching the game again as I type this and just heard Jay Glazer report that Arrington being out has nothing to do with injuries. He went on to say that he spoke with LaVar before the game and LaVar said something to the affect of "What can I do? The coaches have their opinions, they think I don't fit".

Glazer went on to say that that is exactly what it is, that the coaches don't think that he fits into alot of schemes. My question is...how the hell does Jay Glazer know what the reason is? He seem to confirm what LaVar was saying.

Arrington needs to be in there. The man is a play-maker. However, that is the same reason why he is not in the starting lineup right now. He has too many things against him at this point. He missed almost a whole season, he is recovering from an injury and Holdman is playing well. Williams just does not want to push Arrington in there too fast and mess up the flow of things.

Ok as brief as I can let me expound on this subject. Warrick Holdman is playing great football. LaVar and Greg Williams will attest to this fact. Holdman plays his role well and the defense as a whole gets the job done. With that being said, I must proclaim to the Redskins defensive staff and fans that in order to win some games down the stretch the DEFENSE will have to force turnovers, and score touchdowns! The redskins are a blitz happy bunch of defenders with great role players and superstars in skill positions like corner , outside linebacker, and safety. But in order to get to that next level we must get a consistant pass rush against oppsoing QBs. LaVar is a playmaker, and he has proven that he can single handedly win games. We have to increase his playing time once he is fully recovered in order to give us a better chance of winning games when the offense struggles against good defensive teams. Marcus Washington blitzes with good preassure but is often the only consistant rusher we have. We cannot continue to zone blitz corners and expect not to get beat on big plays by offensive powerhouses like Kansas City, Philly, and now the NY Giants. Playmakers win games ! Look how Lawrence Taylor wreeked havoc on us in the 80's. He was not very disciplined as a linebacker ( Bill Parcels : qutoe), but he made plays that turned games around. Arrington is this type of player and when you have him you utilize him... If we play Arrington more and still get Holdman on the field our defense will not only be consistant on stopping opponents, but also compelled to force opponents turnovers and score some points..

Archived