Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if...?

footballhenry

Okay, now I do expect us to beat the Seahawks, and the big reason why is because of our D. I think our defense will handle them, create turnovers, and perhaps even score a td. I think a very real scenario is that we win, we go 3-0 riding our defense. However Brunell sucks big time, our offense sputters and Brunell plays a 'bad' game. IF this happens how should we as fans respond? Obviously most know where I stand on the issue of our QB situation (we should start Ramsey) but as a collective board do we call for a QB switch or stick with Brunell?

Of course my stance, if this happens and I think it very well is possible (not trying to rain on the offensive parade but Ill believe it when I see it), would be to go to Ramsey. For fear of repeating last season's mistakes through Brunell again. Again, I could be completely off but we could be the 'ugliest' 3-0 team in the league.....fyi, ill still take it:) :cheers:

For fear of repeating last season's mistakes through Brunell again. Again, I could be completely off but we could be the 'ugliest' 3-0 team in the league.....fyi, ill still take it:) :cheers:

You obviously have no fear of repeating last hour's thread......over and over and over again.

I actually may have been too hard on you. It may have been six hours since you started a thread on the same subject just with slightly different wording.

Okay, now I do expect us to beat the Seahawks, and the big reason why is because of our D. I think our defense will handle them, create turnovers, and perhaps even score a td. I think a very real scenario is that we win, we go 3-0 riding our defense. However Brunell sucks big time, our offense sputters and Brunell plays a 'bad' game. IF this happens how should we as fans respond? Obviously most know where I stand on the issue of our QB situation (we should start Ramsey) but as a collective board do we call for a QB switch or stick with Brunell?

Of course my stance, if this happens and I think it very well is possible (not trying to rain on the offensive parade but Ill believe it when I see it), would be to go to Ramsey. For fear of repeating last season's mistakes through Brunell again. Again, I could be completely off but we could be the 'ugliest' 3-0 team in the league.....fyi, ill still take it:) :cheers:

Dude....you and AJ need to start your own board dedicated to your man-crushes on Ramsey. I've got an idea for your site name: www.extremeRamseymancrush.com. Give it up already, Jesus Christ!

There's no need to make an entirely new thread when there are already 70,000 Ramsey/Brunell threads in existence (69,432 of which were created by you or AJ).

If it aint broke, don't fix it!!!

You obviously have no fear of repeating last hour's thread......over and over and over again.

I actually may have been too hard on you. It may have been six hours since you started a thread on the same subject just with slightly different wording.

:laugh: classic :laugh:

and another ramsey thread. ramsey doesn't even belong behind center when he can't read defenses and doesn't know how to get out of trouble situations on offense without either fumbles or throwing ints.

Its posts like these that really keep this issue going. Such overstatement, it's brilliant, reallly.

But footballhenry, come on now, man. Look, I'm the first one to say if Mark looks like Mark Brunell in a Skins jersey(which thus far has been bad in games that matter) then I'll be looking around waiting for people to open up their eyes. If not, though, that's great because we'll probably be winning.

People aren't blind--just read the Dallas thread before that scramble. But we don't need to belabor the point.

For chrissakes, you make me look nonchalant about Patrick Ramsey.

Dude....you and AJ need to start your own board dedicated to your man-crushes on Ramsey. I've got an idea for your site name: www.extremeRamseymancrush.com. Give it up already, Jesus Christ!

There's no need to make an entirely new thread when there are already 70,000 Ramsey/Brunell threads in existence (69,432 of which were created by you or AJ).

I gotta tell you, I like the thread. You want to know what I am sick of though? Posters who waste my time with the same dull dribble about how there are loads of threads about this or that and to use the search function.

If you are sick of Ramsey/Brunell related threads then just hit the back button in your browser! I for one am not finished discussing this matter and appreciate the different perspectives that our fellow fans offer.

Its posts like these that really keep this issue going. Such overstatement, it's brilliant, reallly.

But footballhenry, come on now, man. Look, I'm the first one to say if Mark looks like Mark Brunell in a Skins jersey(which thus far has been bad in games that matter) then I'll be looking around waiting for people to open up their eyes. If not, though, that's great because we'll probably be winning.

People aren't blind--just read the Dallas thread before that scramble. But we don't need to belabor the point.

For chrissakes, you make me look nonchalant about Patrick Ramsey.

:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I'm not convinced that Brunell is even close to being the answer but I think Gibbs should have the offense start the game with 2 or 3 of those passes deep to either Moss or Patten in the first Qtr until either the defense backs off or we get a TD or 2 out of them.

It's not like we would be screwing up Brunell's chance to get a drive together by going deep. In Brunell's 10 starts as a Redskins he only has a handful of actual drives to his credit anyway. The only thing Brunell has ever done in this offense is those 2 passes so they should use them to get Portis running room or keep burning them with the deep ball until they back off some.

This game will tell a lot about this team, and it's QB.

Not really.

If we're any good, we should win this game. We'll just be taking care of business on our own home turf against a mediocre opponent traveling across the country.

Now, if we lose this game, it'll tell a lot. It'll say that we were indeed the worst 2-0 team in the league. I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen, but those are the facts.

Archived