Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gregg Williams Chat -- CHAT TRANSCRIPT HERE (**AUDIO NOW ADDED**)

Art

Fun chat. Let us know if you'd like some audio of it. Maybe we can start doing some of that too.

I vote for audio, Speaking of which is there a place where old audio portions on the interview are stored? I was hoping to load up my Ipod for the long trip to DC tomorrw with some of the audio of the interviews you guys do.

Thanks, I've search the forums and will continue to seach but I was hoping to get an answer. Thanks!

j

I for one really appreciate the audio responses. That is a huge advance on this format of question and answer.

Let me say to the point of audio, did you hear the answer regarding his staying in Washington? I think you have to "hear" what he is saying and how he is saying it.

For all of us looking for tea leaves as to if Gregg is staying, go check it out. I for one can really tell this guy wants to be here. There is commitment in his voice and he seems authentically interested in getting this job done for the fans.

Very well done guys on the audio. :helmet:

Everyone should give some props to Tarhog.... he took the time to edit down the audio, upload it, and parse in the links. Audio now available in the interview.... scroll up and check it out :)
Tarhog does alot more than I think alot of people realize. Thanks for the audio man.

Thanks for including my question as well. One of the things that this message board can do, that the media cannot possibly attempt to duplicate is creating quality questions that make for better interviews. We have a collective of minds that come from many different vantage points, thus developing better overall questions, yeilding better interviews. Keep up the good work guys.

Thanks for including my question as well. One of the things that this message board can do, that the media cannot possibly attempt to duplicate is creating quality questions that make for better interviews. We have a collective of minds that come from many different vantage points, thus developing better overall questions, yeilding better interviews. Keep up the good work guys.

EXACTLY.

This chat really raises the bar from a community standpoint. I can only think of one area not touched on that I'd have liked to have seen with this chat. First we had MORE time to get to it as Williams was not rushing the interview. Second, you guys really came up with good, different stuff. I hope we continue nailing it like this.

Well done fellas.

How about his response to the 'no blitz' question? Of course the answer makes perfect sense and, I'll admit, had escaped me (and Madden, who really should know better). The 'Skins D's rep and early pressure caused Dallas to keep guys at home to block for blitzes that never came -- effectively wasting those players (RBs and TEs) and leaving the receivers who do go out with short patterns -- heavy coverage. Now O coordinators will have to worry about keeping guys in and having us drop 7-8. More gas on the fire.

Great interview. He put answers to just about every speculation thread posted during the bye week, him leaving, Lavar, the D-line all answered. Gregg is on point and we are blessed as fans to have him here in Washington.

When him and Gibbs made there Fan debut at FedEx last year it was amazing to watch. They compliment each other perfectly Coach with his corney jokes and cerbrial approach and Gregg with his tough blue collar demeanor and his kick the crap out of the offense mentalilty. With the two of them at the healm I feel we're starting to warrant respect from our opponents, something we haven't had for some time. Hail to the Redskins!

Well done fellas.

How about his response to the 'no blitz' question? Of course the answer makes perfect sense and, I'll admit, had escaped me (and Madden, who really should know better). The 'Skins D's rep and early pressure caused Dallas to keep guys at home to block for blitzes that never came -- effectively wasting those players (RBs and TEs) and leaving the receivers who do go out with short patterns -- heavy coverage. Now O coordinators will have to worry about keeping guys in and having us drop 7-8. More gas on the fire.

Not true at all.

I was surprised Madden nailed this. I was just watching the game again this morning and picked up on Madden pointing out we came heavy with pressure early then did very little. Now, he didn't figure out WHY, but he did notice it happened :).

Not true at all.

I was surprised Madden nailed this. I was just watching the game again this morning and picked up on Madden pointing out we came heavy with pressure early then did very little. Now, he didn't figure out WHY, but he did notice it happened :).

I thought the only thing Madden nailed was an all you can eat buffet.

I thought from a depth of question, quality of question, time and intelligence, depth of answer this was the best chat by far. The questions were much better to select from than many of the past chats.

Art.

I second it. Best chat BY FAR.

Fred S.

2 of the best things I got out of this chat.

1- Gregg Williams is here for the long haul!

2- He wants Lavar on the field as much as possible!

I guess the media should just ask him what his future holds. They, the media, are always assuming that he is going to leave for a head coaching job because that is the story here in Washington. Coaches come and coaches go. At least we know now that he is here for the long haul.

Also I don't think we as Lavar fans have to worry anymore about Lavar not fitting in with the coaching staff. Coach made it sound like he is still recovering and learning to play in the system and once he gets there we will see him a lot more.

I have a good feeling that Greg Williams will be the next coach of the Washington Redskins when Gibbs decides to step down.

Well, I dunno so much about the LaVar thing. He played all of TWO F-----g downs yesterday! Either he is hurt or he just doesn't want to buy into what GW's is selling. NO one, and I repeat, NO ONE, can tell me Holdman is better than LaVar. For all that disciplined play the 'Skins D had yesterday, they let Seattle march to two TDs in the second half, when we needed to stop em or get a turnover in the worst way. Where was LaVar? Standing like a schoolboy waiting for the bus on the sidelines...and to LA's credit, he congratulated all the players on defense when they came off the field.

We'll see. It's a long season. Having LaVar for the stretch run {AND FRESH} may be the scenario...we'll see.

FS

Hi Greg;

I have always appreciated it, when people are being honest and straightforward with us. And, for all of your efforts, may the Redskins 'win' SuperBowl 40.

Now, a short question for you, about LaVar; .......I was wondering, since you must know his capabilities as a player, if perhaps you might not be saving him for some of the tougher opponents; ...........and to turn him loose (although not to too much of a degree);..........on those pesky NFC East opponents??

That's maybe too many questions, but I really have come to love that gentleman, and I'd truely love to see more of him, on game-day...!!!:>))):cheers: have a wonderful day, and keep up the excellent work. Good job.

Sincerely yours,

Bob Hollis

Hi Greg;

I have always appreciated it, when people are being honest and straightforward with us. And, for all of your efforts, may the Redskins 'win' SuperBowl 40.

Now, a short question for you, about LaVar; .......I was wondering, since you must know his capabilities as a player, if perhaps you might not be saving him for some of the tougher opponents; ...........and to turn him loose (although not to too much of a degree);..........on those pesky NFC East opponents??

That's maybe too many questions, but I really have come to love that gentleman, and I'd truely love to see more of him, on game-day...!!!:>))):cheers: have a wonderful day, and keep up the excellent work. Good job.

Sincerely yours,

Bob Hollis

LOL you're a little late there boss

• 3 months later...

Archived