1. 1. Which RB poses the most threat?

• Shaun Alexander (Seattle)
    • Priest Holmes (Kansas City)
    • Tiki Barber (Giants)
    • Brian Westbrook (Philadelphia)
    • Cadillac Williams (Tampa Bay)
    • Ladainian Tomlinson (San Diego)
    • Steven Jackson (St. Louis)

Just to clarify: I voted Ramsey; not because I particularly care for the guy, and not because I don't like Mark Brunell. I'm not on the Patrick Ramsey bandwagon or the Mark Brunnell bandwagon.

I am, however, on the "Ramsey got a raw deal and didn't even get the chance to play himself out of the starting job and making that kind of switch that kind of way has the potential to be harmful in the locker-room" bandwagon. :2cents:

hey, I'm sure the players know...this is football, you produce and don't make big mistakes, and you play...you can't, you're benched. You think those same players are upset that Brown was released for 1 fumble, and the lack of yardage he got?

Ramsey is so inconsistent...he will hit a couple of good throws...

and then hit a defender in the chest...

Brunell gives us the best chance to win.

Could you send me a tape of the games you have been watching, because I want to see the consistant side of Brunell I haven't spotted in the games I've watched.

I'll support Gibbs in what he does, but that doesn't mean I agree with it.

i just can't believe that these threads never end. i'm amazed at them really. continuing saga of who should be in there for 2 qb's that more then likely won't even be in the mix of things next year....but ....keep the argument going...by all means...but don't think for a minute that your comparing the best of the best. your not. your comparing a qb with all kinds of experience thats also past his prime to a young kid that just don't have what it takes. period. kinda like comparing apples to apples if you ask me. joe just happened to pick the lesser of the two evils for this year.hopefully next year he's faced with better choices.

Ok first off, Brunell did not SUCK for 55 min. He got his ass rushed and had a defense who for 55 min played us tight as hell. Ramsey would have played the exact same EXCEPT that A) we would have had more interceptions and B) Moss would have been overthrown on either TD pass at the end of the game cause Ramsey is inaccurate. Brunell is the man for the job.

Ramsey got screwed. Its ironic how many Pro-Ramsey threads there were at the end of last year, because of how much better he was playing and how he was so much better than MB. Ramsey was given three series and was injured on an illegal hit and Gibbs took him out for good. That's wrong, Gibbs was just looking for a chance to supplant Ramsey. After MB started 9 games last year before he was benched, as bad as he played and we ALL remember that, Ramsey was given 3 series this year. Sorry but to all the 'blind' supporters, try to look at this objectively, it wasn't right at all what happened to Ramsey. I for one have been ashamed of the threads and such devoted to Ramsey being traded, Ramseys a 'bum', etc. I hope Im wrong, I really do, but when MB starts to suck again watch the anti-Brunell threads roll in. We have too many 'live in the moment' fans on this site.

**SIGH***

Another Ramsey vs Brunell thread.....don't you guys know that Clark, Prioleau and Harris are hurt??

That's more important than Ramsey vs Brunell.......

Our secondary is always beat up. No news there.

Then again, there is always a QB controversy...

Ok, I'll make you a deal. Start a Prioleau vs. Bowen thread, and I'm all over it!

:D

Ok first off, Brunell did not SUCK for 55 min. He got his ass rushed and had a defense who for 55 min played us tight as hell. Ramsey would have played the exact same EXCEPT that A) we would have had more interceptions and B) Moss would have been overthrown on either TD pass at the end of the game cause Ramsey is inaccurate. Brunell is the man for the job.

Excuses, excuses. More faulty logic based on "I can predict exactly what would happen if..." The point is, Brunell is supposed to flurish and make things happen in those situations. He didn't for the most part. Instead he made mistakes.

He gets the next two games to show us that he isn't the same guy from last year. If he can't cut it and we are 2-2, put Ramsey back in. Simple as that.

All of you just need to stop with this nonsence about Ramsey! :shutup: :insane: He sucks! He has more interceptions than TDs and has no mobility to avoid a sack. I can't believe that you would trust a Spurrier player more than a HOF coaches decison. If you like Ramsey so much than root for the team that he goes to next year! :ciao:

Hey coach Gibbs, you still do have some fans that trust you. :allhail:

hey, I'm sure the players know...this is football, you produce and don't make big mistakes, and you play...you can't, you're benched. You think those same players are upset that Brown was released for 1 fumble, and the lack of yardage he got?

There is no comparision between Antonio Brown and Patrick Ramsey here. Yes, Patrick lost a fumble and threw a pick in the game, but they didn't lead to points for the Bears. Brown's fumble did. There's a difference.

I agree that in football, a player's position should always be earned. Put up or shut up, et cetera. But my point is simple: Ramsey was not given a fair chance to prove himself incapable of producing, to prove he wouldn't make the big mistakes when they mattered.

It's clear that Coach Gibbs--as he is free to decide as HC--already had his mind made up that Brunell was gonna be his guy. That's a decision that he can make. It's also a decision that could imply favoritism to the rest of the team, and that's risky.

I certainly hope--as we all do, I'm sure--that the decision works out for the team. But I recognize the risk. :helmet:

"He gets the next two games to show us that he isn't the same guy from last year. If he can't cut it and we are 2-2, put Ramsey back in. Simple as that."

1) He doesn't have to show you anything.

2) why put PR in? He will never cut it in the NFL. He will always be an inconsistent performer full of promise but never an established, top tier QB.

Ok, ok we all saw the Redskins Dramtic win, And "Scott Brunell" make two great passes.. And of Course Like i thought, Everyone now is saying....Oh, Ramsey is a bum and he couldn't win that game and Wow is MB soo good now... But not me. I am Offically Still on The RAMSEY bus.

Call me Dumb or whatever I still stick by Ramsey. That is who I want to see in the Redskins games... Sorry i am just not a Brunell Fan.. I must say I "like" MB more then last year at last he gave a me a great win to Remember for a long time..

But ask yoursleves... Would it have been such a good win, if he Didn't Absoultey SUCK for the first 55 min's. I have been a Redskin fan since 1994, So i have seen my fair share of games. I have NEVER seen Ramsey suck as bad as MB did in the first 55 min's of that Dallas Cowboy game.

Turnovers or not Ramsey is more Exciting to watch and I still belevie he gives the best chance to win..

So is Anyone on the RAMSEY bus??

Im with the QB who gives us the best chance to win. So far, we are 2-0 with the change. Wait a minute, did you just disreguard turnovers because Ramsey is more exciting to watch?Come on man. What is so exciting about watching a immobile QB drop back? I can see if you said Vick, Culpeper, Manning or Favre. But Ramsey? Thats kind of like watching paint dry to me. Neither Brunell or Ramsey are exciting in my opinion. Brunell is just the more polished QB.

Ramsey is Schroeder, Brunell may be Doug Williams. Did you know that Schroeder could stand at home plate and throw a baseball over the center field fence? Talk abut arm strength, that man had it. But Gibbs sat him because of inconsistency, and went with an aging Doug Williams to the Superbowl. Maybe he remembers that when watching Ramsey.

2) why put PR in? He will never cut it in the NFL. He will always be an inconsistent performer full of promise but never an established, top tier QB.

1 - Terrible argument, and I use the term 'argument' loosely. Your statement can be neither proved nor disproved, and you base it on nothing factual.

2 - Ramsey doesn't have to develop into an "established, top tier QB" for the team to succeed this year. Combined with our running game and defense, all our quarterback needs to do, whoever he is, is play like an average, Trent Dilfer-style game-manager QB. [see the 2000 Baltimore Ravens...]

3 - Perhaps some coaching and organizational stability/consistency would help Ramsey shed his "inconsistent performer" label. Perhaps there are other young quarterbacks in the league who would be similarly labelled in a similarly tenuous situation.

4 - Do you believe that because he used to be an "established, top tier QB" roughly 5 years ago, Mark Brunell--at age 34 and several injuries later--is likely to have the same success now?

1) He doesn't have to show you anything.

Apparently the Jets are one team that disagrees. Miami is another. Just because his future here is likely over doesn't mean he won't find success elsewhere in the nfl. You don't know the future. Why be such a zealot about the unknown? :whoknows:

If we can't win with Scott, what is the difference losing with Ramsey? At least he's a younger QB who at least has a chance to mature and possibly show some improvement. Seems rational to me.

I'll keep saying this till I'm blue in the face.. All of us should be behind the QB that will be under center for the next game, whoever it is. Booing our players makes us look like unintelligent fans, it makes us look bad, its embarrassing. Talking trash about our own players also makes us look like bad fans. I respect each and everyones opinions and in private I've cussed players and coaching moves and I have a drawer full of broken remotes and whatever else was in my reach during a game but when it comes to public comments and behavior at the games we have to remain positive no matter what is going on. Frustration is a ***** but we are smart fans, we have a great history and we need to act like it. We are better than some of the insane comments I've read on this board and others and it's time we start showing it. It's time ALL of us start showing our coaches and players and owner with respect. We will never be a championship caliber team again if our fans act like 12 year olds who had their video games taken away. Championship teams should have championship fans. Sorry for the rant but I'm sick of the behavior of some of our fans.

right on.. i second that

Archived