1. 1. Which RB poses the most threat?

• Shaun Alexander (Seattle)
    • Priest Holmes (Kansas City)
    • Tiki Barber (Giants)
    • Brian Westbrook (Philadelphia)
    • Cadillac Williams (Tampa Bay)
    • Ladainian Tomlinson (San Diego)
    • Steven Jackson (St. Louis)

I can't speak for all fans who think our offense stinks, but I previously read that thread and came to the conclusion that the argument would be considered valid only by fans lacking a firm grasp of statistics or those who are reaching for excuses out of loyalty to a revered coach.

In order to measure a factor, it must first be isolated from all other factors. A poor starting field position average might be caused by poor special teams play, poor defensive play, by poor offensive play on the previous series, or a combination of the three.

Essentially, you are suggesting that we deny what we saw with our own eyes in favor of a two-game sample of a useless statistic.

Here's a stat that I find interesting. In 29 games for Denver, Clinton Portis racked up 29 TDs. In 17 games for us, he has 5. Who gets the blame for that severe dropoff?

I think Brunell, Ramsey, and Portis would all have better performance stats in an aggressive and innovative offensive scheme.

If you read the thread you would find that KO coverage is where we are not getting it done. How does that have ANYTHING whatsoever to do with offense OR defense production?

:doh:

Interesting how you totally avoided the most important part of that thread:laugh:.

Ramsey got screwed. Its ironic how many Pro-Ramsey threads there were at the end of last year, because of how much better he was playing and how he was so much better than MB. Ramsey was given three series and was injured on an illegal hit and Gibbs took him out for good. That's wrong, Gibbs was just looking for a chance to supplant Ramsey. After MB started 9 games last year before he was benched, as bad as he played and we ALL remember that, Ramsey was given 3 series this year. Sorry but to all the 'blind' supporters, try to look at this objectively, it wasn't right at all what happened to Ramsey. I for one have been ashamed of the threads and such devoted to Ramsey being traded, Ramseys a 'bum', etc. I hope Im wrong, I really do, but when MB starts to suck again watch the anti-Brunell threads roll in. We have too many 'live in the moment' fans on this site.

Exactly right. Most of these people here screaming in support of Brunell, were the same people who were screaming for Brunell's head last year..

Opinion's change with the breeze with some people.

The bottom line is the Skins are 2-0 with Brunell back there. It ain't pretty I will concede. But our defense is stout and the offense has talent to do better. Don't you think the Raven idiots are sucking gas right now being 0-2? I bet they are. Being 2-0 and facing a very beatable Seahawk bunch, gives us time to get it right. And I trust Coach Gibbs to get it right.

Look here's my opinion on Ramsey VS Brunell

OK first off Ramsey is the better QB, plain and simple, better arm, better accuracy and a tough as hell mentallity.

BUT!!! :writing:

Brunell has more leadership and can throw the ball more accurate under pressure, (also can scramble if need be) <<<<not particularly a scrambler though

Brunell also makes better decisions than ramsey.

Personally i would rather see Ramsey out on the field. he could do more for our offense than brunell in my opinion.

But our HOF coach says he wants brunell out there, so i will support brunell and hope he can lead us to victory enough for a playoff birth.

Personally i like having 2 good QB's, :chestram: :2drunks:

3 counting Jason Campbell

Thats my opinion, take it as u will cuz when it all comes down to it, it doesnt matter who's on the field as long as we have more points on the other board than the other team does!!!

:handicap:I am also aware of the injury situation a wish all the players get back healthy cuz we got a superbowl to win this Year!!! wOOOO:dj:

:seahawksu

"Time to kick some seahawk ass!!

Wow, you guys really have a QB controversey here still. I'm surprised it's not overwhelming for whichever one it was that threw the two prayers in the Dallas game.

Its been a long time since we have beaten Dallas in a game that mattered and Boonell won a lot of repect from many Redskin fans for garnering us that victory. Much like the one where Clint Longley came in for Dallas and beat us many years ago. Most of us know what we really have in Boonell though and understand that his limitations far out weight his ability, again, much like cowboy fans found out about Clint Longley.

illone wrote... If you read the thread you would find that KO coverage is where we are not getting it done. How does that have ANYTHING whatsoever to do with offense OR defense production?

Please find the average field position stat on KO coverage for me. I don't think you can. The original stats were for average starting field position.

I think you were misled by the original poster of the stats thread who deduced that, if poor field position wasn't the fault of the defense, and the offense was averaging 30 yards per drive, it must be the fault of special teams. That deduction isn't sound because the 30 yard average does not directly correlate to starting field position especially when a large chunk of yardage can be attributed to two long TD passes over a two-game sample.

Rest assured that, if the offense had registered 30+ yards consistently on every drive, given the performance of our defense, our starting field position would be among the highest in the league. We'd have a bunch of points up on the board and we'd be making plans for our Super Bowl trip.

fansince62 writes... Interesting argument OldFan....as one with substantial experience, at one time, with econometrics.....I would aver that the problem is that your mnotion of offensive efficiency/effectiveness only includes what you see with your eyes. There are a whole slew of relevant variables that you DO NOT see. That has been the argument all along.

If someone can present an argument that holds water, my mind is open. I'm a Redskin fan, I WANT to be convinced that it's not as bad as it seems.

Make your case if you have one. But, with your Math aptitude, I shouldn't have to tell you why a two-game sample of a single stat isn't going to cut it as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly right. Most of these people here screaming in support of Brunell, were the same people who were screaming for Brunell's head last year..

Opinion's change with the breeze with some people.

Brunell is a different QB this year. Unfortunately, PR is not :doh:

Brunell is a different QB this year. Unfortunately, PR is not :doh:

If Brunell can consistantly come up with something closer to what he showed us in the final minutes of the cowboys game than what he showed us in almost the entirety of the time he's spent with us before that then you might have a point. Call me a cynic but I still want to see it. As far as Pat goes. Regardless of the banter here I think we all know he's a quality guy. Barring any starnge occurrances I see the door shut for him here. I'd lay even money with you though that if he does get sent elsewhere at some point that he flourishes there.

I think Ramsey got hosed and wasn't given anywhere close to the chance Brunell got last year, so yeah, I am with Ramsey. That being said, I want to win and I am not the coach, nor do I have any comparable knowledge that our staff has. I have all the faith in the world in Joe Gibbs.

These are things that make me excited to watch the games on Sunday.

If Brunell can consistantly come up with something closer to what he showed us in the final minutes of the cowboys game than what he showed us in almost the entirety of the time he's spent with us before that then you might have a point. Call me a cynic but I still want to see it. As far as Pat goes. Regardless of the banter here I think we all know he's a quality guy. Barring any starnge occurrances I see the door shut for him here. I'd lay even money with you though that if he does get sent elsewhere at some point that he flourishes there.

I'll take that bet. When Ramsey first came I was excited as hell. And I rooted for him big-time. But now I am of the opinion that he does not see and read coverages well. He misses the underneath guys and that is why he throws too many picks. He looks down his receiver and makes bad decisions under pressure.

He's got a great arm, but I don't think he is very good...

Archived