Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Champ Bailey

moneyede

Give Champ his due props. The mug is most DEF. one of the best all around corners in the league. He will come up and stuff running plays as well as take out your best WR. At the same time, he can be beat. Only problem with that is his weakness is currently our weakness, and that's downfield passes. If we continue to take our chances deep, much like the last five minutes of the Dallas game, then we can get him. If we do this rinky dink stuff he will most certainly not only have a good game, but may even take a pick to the crib like he did against Brees in week 2. I love the guy, I was sad to see him go, I wish him all the best, but I most certainly hope he doesn't burn us. I can't say whether I want to see him against us or not. Hammies take a lot of time to heal and you never know how long it's going to take so who knows. Right now, I'd say he'll try and gut it out but will not be able to play.

Champ = overrated

Always has been always will be. He might get a pick by jumping a route, but he gets burnt way to much because he gambles so much. Give me a cornerback who doesn't take huge chances any day of the week.

See Chad Johnson, Jerry Porter, and Amani Toomer last year

dont forget about me.

sincerely,

eddie kennison- 2 TD's in one game

Ummm....Champ is very overrated...he was overrated here and he has been in Denver...and for all those that are saying that Champ will take a pick and go to the house...give me a break...he has hands of stone and gets very few yards after a pick if gets one....

Hands of stone. No yards after the pick. I am beginning to question the I.Q. of my own teams fans. You guys are jokin right? Right? We sound like the mediots.

Ummm....Champ is very overrated...he was overrated here and he has been in Denver...and for all those that are saying that Champ will take a pick and go to the house...give me a break...he has hands of stone and gets very few yards after a pick if gets one....

His hands are not the greatest but they are not hands of stone.

You know he did pick one off last week and returned it for a TD right?

Didn't he hurt himself while patting himself on the back?

No he made a nice tackle and got hurt.

I cant believe some of the things Im reading about Champ, I can understand being mad at Rod Gardner, and maybe even Fred Smoot, but Champ Bailey is a shut down corner, A Darrell Green disciple:notworthy which means hes learned from the best. Champ Bailey might even get on offense against us, as a decoy or primary. Dont forget he is a good WR to

:laugh:

You Skins fans make me laugh. I guarantee every single one of you were tooting his horn when he was in a Skins jersey. He's still the best man cover corner in the NFL, and a decent tackler. Has been for the past 3-4 years. Sure, Chad Johnson (top 5 receiver in the NFL), Jerry Porter (in the snow), and Peerless Price (I don't know WTF happened there) got the better of him, but looking at his season stats he let up the same completion percentage on his man as he did in his best years as a Skin.

Let's be honest here. He is a top 10 CB in the league, but he has a tendency to get beat deep badly. Yes, all CBs get beat, but the great ones don't get burned on the long ball as often as he did. My other problem with Champ was on third downs he would play so far off the line of scrimmage he would give up the short pass underneath for the first down. They were killers and kept drives alive.

But for a true shutdown CB got watch some film of Deion Sanders during his heyday. That is what a shutdown corner does. You take away half the field because the QB doesn't want to throw it in your direction. QBs still take shots at Champ.

Even is Champ does play against our team (or any team for that matter), I don't think that he will be anywhere close to 100%. I know he is a warrior, but with these recent injuries you have to wonder how much more he can take before the rest of the secondary decides to step it up.

My other problem with Champ was on third downs he would play so far off the line of scrimmage he would give up the short pass underneath for the first down. They were killers and kept drives alive.

You want honesty? That was Fred Smoot and not Champ Bailey. Bailey is among the best bump-n-run corners in the league, Smoot can't play bump-n-run because he's so small. Two years ago we had a huge thread discussing why Smoot would play ten yards off the line of scrimmage on a 3rd and 5. The QB would just audible his recievers' route to a quick slant and pick up an easy third down every time.

I see the Champ hate continues.

I find it hilarious that champ haters can say he was overrated here, then complain that he wasn't talked as the best until he was traded to Denver. :doh: Or how champ haters say he's overrated in denver, yet they obviously haven't watched him play as a Bronco when they still think he can't pick a pass and take it to the house when he did it two weeks ago. :rolleyes: I'll admit the guy was too relaxed and full of himself his last two seasons as a Redskin, but give him his due. The best players in league call him the best, and not just before a game, talking up the competition.

Also, playing with a dislocated shoulder and a pull hamstring is no joke. I don't expect him to play the next two weeks to try and get better, but those are the type of injuries that stick around and take a while to heal, especially the hamstring. It's a guarantee he won't be 100% aganist the Skins whether he takes games off or not, and if he plays, he'll be an easy target because Moss will be able to outrun him easily.

Hands of stone. No yards after the pick. I am beginning to question the I.Q. of my own teams fans. You guys are jokin right? Right? We sound like the mediots.

It may be hard to fathom since the Madden NFL video game version of Champ is so godly. but the real Champ Bailey has returned only 2 picks for TD's in his career, his second coming a week ago. Statistics (I found this here: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ramblings.php?p=2840&cat=11z) show that he was challenged often, and was beaten often. None of these FACTS should go out the window just because he stepped in front of a pass Drew Brees telegraphed. I guess we should send Nathan Vasher to the hall of fame as well since Ramsey and Harrington forgot what color jersey he was wearing and decided to throw the ball right to him.

Champ = overrated

Always has been always will be. He might get a pick by jumping a route, but he gets burnt way to much because he gambles so much. Give me a cornerback who doesn't take huge chances any day of the week.

See Chad Johnson, Jerry Porter, and Amani Toomer last year

Champ didn't have a great year last year but I look at his whole career and who he's gone up against. When he held Keywshawn in check while at the Jets , Keyshawn was like Champ didn't do _hit. Champ played well against him twice. Keyshawn, Marvin Harrison, Joe Horn, David Boston, Eric Moulds, Chris Chambers, Torry Holt, Koren Robinson and Santana Moss to name a few. Champ was solid against all of them. I woulda loved to see Champ in this system.

Archived