Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Champ Bailey

moneyede

I don't know what the consensus is, and while I never wish injury in anybody, I definetly hope that Champ does not play against us. Although I would love to see Santana burn him, I would much rather see him matched up with durant or walls.

It looked like he pulled his hammy, so he may miss our game. I for one hope he does.

Champ doesn't have the speed to keep up with Santana, and I suspect that we'll be seeing a lot of one-on-one coverage with Champ on Moss. If we're going to go after Champ, it's going to have to be on deep outs where Moss can use his speed. If we go for shots over the middle against Champ, we're playing into his strength.

I don't like the match up on champ because of our qb, not our receivers. Not to say brunell can't get the job done. I prefer him to ramsey, but against champ there is little room for error. If he hangs a couple deep balls up too long like he has in the past champ could have a big day.

Honestly, Champ Bailey still worries me. That's out of respect, because I appreciate what he can do. I am not going to underestimate or down him just because he is no longer a Redskin. I say we throw to Champ's side of the field as few times as possible. I don't care what any of you say if he is %100, which I think is possible in two weeks, he is without a doubt the best corner back in the NFL. Doubting his skills will only get us burned. Plus, he and CP are going to play extra hard against there former teams.

Are the people doubting Champ serious? You cannot doubt what this guy has done. For us! For the Broncos! Of course he gets beat and so does Ronde Barber and Sam Madison and whoever else you want to bring up. Champ is just under a microscope because everyone knows he is the best. Receivers are going to give him their best. Like how guys used to go at MJ. When Allen Iverson yanked MJ, noone doubted his skills because they understood that every single game guys would give MJ their best. Every single game Champ Bailey takes the opposing teams #1 receivers' best shot. Sometimes he will get burned. If you seriously think Champ Bailey is overrated you haven't watched this guy play. He IS the best CB in the game right now. Even Ronde Barber would tell you that.

Guest sith lord
Are the people doubting Champ serious? You cannot doubt what this guy has done. For us! For the Broncos! Of course he gets beat and so does Ronde Barber and Sam Madison and whoever else you want to bring up. Champ is just under a microscope because everyone knows he is the best. Receivers are going to give him their best. Like how guys used to go at MJ. When Allen Iverson yanked MJ, noone doubted his skills because they understood that every single game guys would give MJ their best. Every single game Champ Bailey takes the opposing teams #1 receivers' best shot. Sometimes he will get burned. If you seriously think Champ Bailey is overrated you haven't watched this guy play. He IS the best CB in the game right now. Even Ronde Barber would tell you that.

A real lockdown CB doesn't get burned as much as he does. And he doesn't make enough big plays as far as I'm concerned. Don't be fooled, Champ Bailey looks good against average recievers. Lets see what happens when he goes against Randy Moss.

I think people are confusing the value of a threat. Portis has not been a homerun hitter on a regular basis, but teams fear the threat he may go all the way from anywhere on the field. Although champ gets beat on his share of plays, I fear the threat he may jump a route and score.

It can be debated whether or not he is the best, but to disregard the fact that he poses a problem for opposing offenses is rediculous. And for all of you questioning his worth, you know you would like our chances against the broncos better if he did not play. Saying it makes no difference whether or not he plays is a stretch to say the least.

Just my opinion though.

If peopel think Champ is a bumb then you think LaVar is a bumb also. They both are super athletes. They both make big plays. They both make gambles. They both get burned a lot. The only reason you dog Champ is because he is gone. If LaVar were traded tommorrow you would probably dog him. Us Redskin fans always hate on players after they leave here to make losing them feel better. You can lie to yourself all you want but if you ask any real unbias football player, coach, owner, fan, ball boy, cheerleader, or mascot about Champ Bailey they'd say he was the best. Why would they all say he is the best? Matbe because he is.

Half of the people talking trash about Champ now probably were wearing his Redskins' jersey a few years ago. He is gone, get over it. Show some respect.

Archived