Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will we beat Seattle on October 2?

Bacon

Ok ok I guess at least your not the usual dallas or filthydelpia fan that comes on here for 3 posts to say "ROOOAARRRR I HATESSSS YUOOOOO GUYSSZZZZ!!! E-A-G-L-E-S-- IS ###111!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOO I LOOV3 TEEHHH EAGLEZZZZZ!!!!"

But still c'mon...were not that ignorant are we? Or should I say "we aint none so ignorant is we?" :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good to see you have a sense of humor.. :laugh: :laugh: I see that comment really got to you.. :cool: If the shoe don't fit you shouldn't wear it. There are plenty of o.k skins fans that I respect..

The next three games will be a very good test of the Skins ability to stop the run. All three opponents are traditionally sound in the running game. Alexander may be the best back we face all season. Denver has normally been very good at running the ball and many feel KC has the best OL in the league and is awesome running the ball. Not a good time for Noble to go on IR, but we should be able to hold up.

I like our chances against Seattle, they crumble on the road.

I think we will, and that even in doing so... the media will say that we are the worst 3-0 team in football.

3-0 is a big deal man. The media can say what they want, but if we get to 3-0, then that makes a statement, no matter how many excuses they can come up with to make it sound like we suck.....

We've had pretty good success against Seattle in the past.

Matt Hassleback is steadily getting worse at QB for them, I think he'll be benched sometime before the season is out.

Add that to the fact that they lost their #1 WR in Robinson (albeit a mediocre 1) and we SHOULD win this game easily if our offense shows ANYTHING which is a big if at this point.

I dont see how anyone who has seen our offence this year is not a little worried about this game. Seattle is better then the cowboys and way better then chicago, dont underestimate them. Im not saying we wont win, but if you turn on the game expecting to see us walk all over them your in for a big disapointment.

nobody fears sean taylor.

when will yall realize that?

Man, you worked really hard to get that assjester tag, didn't you?

Why is it that I come to a thread about Skins/Seahawks and 80% of it is Dallas trash?

To the rest of you serious football fans... I don't talk smack. Being a Seahawk fan, it's really risky to get too ****y. Sort of like the Redskins in recent years, I'm guessing.

For us, the travel factor will work in your favor, but not for the reasons some of you think. In recent years, the Hawks have had uncanny bad luck when it comes to calls, noteably the 2003 Ravens game and Jets game of a year or two before that. Other than that, it's the same homefield advantage any team has, so I'm not too worried about that.

Our D-line is much improved over last year, though it still struggles to pressure a QB. However, I think the Redskins O-line is one of the more suspect parts of your entire team, and I think this will be a key match-up, and it's the reason I think the Seahawks will probably win. Someone previously posted that he thinks our D-line only has one good player on it -- I think he's in for a rude shock.

Pass drops aren't the problem they used to be for us (thank God!). They made some serious roster moves in an attempt to address that issue. If our O-line protects Hasselbeck, he should do a good job of moving the football. Alexander will be more involved in the game, too. As someone on this thread pointed out, Holmgren is quick to abandon the running game -- however, he realizes this about himself, and for the last game, he had notes to himself on his play-sheet telling him to keep Alexander in the game, and he ended up getting almost 150 yards on the ground.

I have a healthy respect for the Redskins defense (it's my fantasy defense), but I think the strength of it is in the linebackers and secondary. I don't think your D-line will be able to do much against the Seahawk O-line. And if Hass has time, he will be able to have some success against your strength.

Mark Brunell is a cagey guy, and we all saw what he could do against Dallas (congrats again, BTW!) Santana Moss scares me, I'm just hoping that (A) your O-line doesn't give Brunell time to find him, and (B) our secondary wakes up and studies film. Portis will have some success, but I'm hoping not too much. We could shut him down, depending on the Redskins offensive scheme -- but he's also capable of piling on yards, again depending on the scheme.

I've not been happy with our special teams play -- neither the returns, nor the kicks inspire me much.

It will be an interesting game, no doubt!

springs was in a cover 2 BOZO.he wasnt in man coverage.

rofl @ YOU

Roy Williams and Aaron Glenn were as well.

As for the Seachunks, I think that if Coach Gibbs uses this week to revamp a few things in our O,takes some shots downfield with the ball, and if Brunell runs the O anything like how he ran it that last 4 mins of the Dallas game, we'll be OK. I have faith that our D will hold Seattle to 10 pts or less. Final Score: Seattle 10 Redskins 24.

Man, you worked really hard to get that assjester tag, didn't you?

Why is it that I come to a thread about Skins/Seahawks and 80% of it is Dallas trash?

To the rest of you serious football fans... I don't talk smack. Being a Seahawk fan, it's really risky to get too ****y. Sort of like the Redskins in recent years, I'm guessing.

For us, the travel factor will work in your favor, but not for the reasons some of you think. In recent years, the Hawks have had uncanny bad luck when it comes to calls, noteably the 2003 Ravens game and Jets game of a year or two before that. Other than that, it's the same homefield advantage any team has, so I'm not too worried about that.

Our D-line is much improved over last year, though it still struggles to pressure a QB. However, I think the Redskins O-line is one of the more suspect parts of your entire team, and I think this will be a key match-up, and it's the reason I think the Seahawks will probably win. Someone previously posted that he thinks our D-line only has one good player on it -- I think he's in for a rude shock.

Pass drops aren't the problem they used to be for us (thank God!). They made some serious roster moves in an attempt to address that issue. If our O-line protects Hasselbeck, he should do a good job of moving the football. Alexander will be more involved in the game, too. As someone on this thread pointed out, Holmgren is quick to abandon the running game -- however, he realizes this about himself, and for the last game, he had notes to himself on his play-sheet telling him to keep Alexander in the game, and he ended up getting almost 150 yards on the ground.

I have a healthy respect for the Redskins defense (it's my fantasy defense), but I think the strength of it is in the linebackers and secondary. I don't think your D-line will be able to do much against the Seahawk O-line. And if Hass has time, he will be able to have some success against your strength.

Mark Brunell is a cagey guy, and we all saw what he could do against Dallas (congrats again, BTW!) Santana Moss scares me, I'm just hoping that (A) your O-line doesn't give Brunell time to find him, and (B) our secondary wakes up and studies film. Portis will have some success, but I'm hoping not too much. We could shut him down, depending on the Redskins offensive scheme -- but he's also capable of piling on yards, again depending on the scheme.

I've not been happy with our special teams play -- neither the returns, nor the kicks inspire me much.

Good post!

I think we will get more pressure on your qb then we did against dallas. Not to say your oline is worse or better but its just imo gibbs wanted this win so bad, we played most everything as safe as possible. That includes doing alot less blitzes and taking alot less chances, which willams will open back up against the hawks.

I will just say I expect this game could go either way and is very difficult to pick. THe biggest issues are:

1. Will brunell and the redskins offence play like the first 55 minutes or the last 4 of the dallas game. (the hawks D affects this aswell)

2. Does the redskin D put pressure on hasselbeck.

Also as always Tos could play a big role, especially with out defence.

Ask the Bears offensive line how they liked playing against the Skins 12th man!! 90,000+ gets really really loud...especially if Clinton jumps out to a big game and scores right away. It could be a loooooooooooong day for Hasselbeck and the offense if that crowd gets going!!

That was me. But I said that I think Tubbs is the only guy who's worth mentioning. And apparently there's nobody worth mentioning on the Skins DL, and look how good they are. But I still think that is a weakness in the Seahawks defense. Tubbs is only a second year player as well, right? Or is he in his 3rd year? Anyway, the rest of your dline is far from scary. Winstrom is as overrated as they come.

Me again. Alexander is definitely on of the top 3 backs in the league, and stopping him at all is a challenge. But if anyone is up to the task, its GW and company. Holmgren may have re-committed himself to the run this season, but I think after a quarter of not going anywhere, he's going to go pass-wacky. He does run the west coast offense after all...

Moss should scare you...the one part of my post you didn't mention is your depleted secondary. The loss of Lucas hurts. Not to mention Springs. He is going to have himself a game, too! You're right; it will be a good game. And there is the chance that the Seahawks will be able to score -- in which case we skins fans really will get to see if that offensive burst was just a fluke!

jrockster, I wasn't responding to your post in particular -- I read the whole thread, then posted my comments.

There isn't a stadium in the entire league that, when it's fans get raucous, isn't really tough on the opposing team. Seahawk Stadium --> Quest Field is almost as loud as the old Kingdome when the fans decide it's going to be. I hate to pop your bubble, but your stadium's noise issue is not that special.

I never said your D-line has nobody worth mentioning -- those are your words, don't put them in my mouth. What I said is that I think our O-line is up to the task of handling most of what your D-line can dish out.

The decision to let Springs go was the best for all concerned at the time. He was a lot like Chad Brown, now a LB for the Patriots. We liked having him, and he was great when he was healthy -- but for us, he just didn't have enough productive, non-injured minutes to justify keeping him at his salary. I'm glad he's with you guys and doing well, I really am. I liked him then and hope the best for him (the same for Chad Brown).

That's all the post-counterpost I'm going to play with you right now. Games can be too unpredictable, and we could both look very silly at the end of it, once the game is played. You are obviously entitled to your opinion, and you're also entitled to be wrong. That's my opinion. And you know what those are worth.

Archived