Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is anyone else disappointed with Clinton?

Ghost of

Portis is playing very well. He just isn't scoring. Statistics tell that story.

With the 'skins redzone trouble they could sure use better production from him in scoring range.

He is playing well. He is hovering over 100 yards a week. He did pretty well against KC for a guy who was playing hurt.

cp had a great game i believe.....he ran well and he had like 55 yds on 4 catches....so i think he had a good game but i still have worry bout him never getting into the endzone......

i wanna see him have a great game and reach the endzone many times....i guess we just have to be palient....

what do yall think

\

0 tds

plus why after he catches the ball does he always slip :doh:

I actually think he's pretty banged up. What we saw today was not a healthy portis.

If I had to describe how Portis looked today with one word, I would say "tired." He doesn't look healthy, and it just seems like he is worn out when he loses his feet.

The burst has not been there, anybody see Chris Perry today? Chester Taylor? Don't feel bad if you have never heard of them - Perry is Rudi Johnson's back up and Taylor is Lewis' back up in b-more. that is burst, they both had decent days today, and they just seem so fresh compared to Portis, he is dragging ass BIG TIME. I would bet it's an injury, because even Rock looked more explosive ...

I hate to criticize Gibbs, but I don't think the staff and he have really done much to change the running game to suit Portis' strengths. When I say that, I'm talking about the playcalling. We rarely ever call plays where we get CP into space and let him go to work, they run plays for him like he's Jerome Bettis.

I don't know why, but he doesn't seem the same as he did 2 yrs ago.

He is not the star back I imagined.

Whether its under-performing lineman, poor play calling for his talents, or just mis-steps & mis-reads by him...it just isn't coming together.

I hold out hope that it will...but I gotta see a monster game or two before I will believe it again.

We should see more Betts & Nemo and see if we can't just ram down everyone's throats.

I'm disappointed in the outcome.

What's eating at me is that Brunell has been scorching the pass yardage & we're still

no closer to a formidable ground game.

I know patience is in order..I'm just wondering if we need to try Betts (if he could stay healthy) and Nemo/Rock a little more. Maybe Portis is just wearing down.

does anyone else think that maybe the skins should use Portis more like Westbrook, LT, and Priest are used? maybe less actually running plays...say 12-15...oh and make those offtackles or sweeps...and more screens...short five yard drops to get him into the open field? this power running isn't getting the job done...just a thought...i think he'd be more effective that way...

i agree i would love to see him catch more passes.

In the San Fran game - 101 yards on 19 carries is nothing to be upset about.

BUT -- there was one particular run in the third quarter at the 7:30 mark - 1st & 10 at the SF 47 yard line, Portis ran right 15 yards - where if he just made one cut he was gone. He tried to make the cut but he just simply fell down - no one tackled him. It looked like he tripped over his own feet.

This does seem to be happening a lot lately. I'm guessing that CP is aware of it, as is the coaching staff. Not sure what to make of it.

Portis is adjusting, the OL is adjusting, the playcalling is adjusting.

As much as people like to believe that Gibbs is a coach that loves the run, he is smart enough to realize that the Pass can also open things up for the run.

Take a look back if you dont believe me.

I'll admit I was too lazy to read through each page of this thread but my analysis is, after six games, Portis has run against 4 of the top 8 rushing defenses in the NFL in Chicago(#4), Denver(#5), Dallas(#7) and Kansas City(#8). In addition, Seattle is currently #10 in overall defense(YPG). While I think he sometimes goes down a little too easy, 90 ypg and a 4.4 avg per carry against pretty good rushing defenses ain't too shabby. Thus far, the Niners have a better rushing defense (#23) than New England (#24). He had his 5 ypc against San Francisco as you would expect he would.

While there is ALWAYS room for improvement, I'm fairly satisifed with his performance after six games.

Archived