Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey could have done that!

addme2theRoster

Look I am a HUGE Ramsey supporter, but do not ask me to do 2 things.

1) Eat crow because Mark Brunell actually did his job after he backed himself into a corner for 3 1/2 quarters.

OR

2) Support Ramsey who was not in the game so therefore there is NO comparison.

I will take the win and believe we have something to build on.

Another Ramsey long lost brother. How do you know what Ramsey would have done? What dont you people get about Ramsey being a scarecrow in the pocket. Dallas would have feasted on him more so then Brunell. Not to mention he probably would have had 2 blindside fumbles and thrown two picks. Let me guess though, "His arm strength" would have cancelled everything out. :rolleyes: Give me a break. Brunell leads us to a great comeback, completes 20 of 34, and we see the "Ramsey could have done that threads" Well guess what he didnt do it and hes not going to do it. By the way the Skins are 2-0.

Patrick Ramsey could have done what Mark Brunell did. Only difference is, Ramsey would have done it in the first half.

Yeah a win is a win, but if dallas defense would have held the lead for ONLY 4 more minutes, everyone would have been hating Brunell. If you seen the game, Brunell couldn't get us to the end zone or the red zone up until the last part of the 4th quarter. I like the win, but we can't keep playing like this. After 4 minutes in a 4th quarter you expect me, to become a believer? Put Ramsey back in! (Give him the same chance that was given to Brunell.)

Sorry have to disagree. Yeah, Ramsey might have done it in the first half, but he might have a couple if INT's. Not to mention, he would not have had command of the offense like Brunell did down the strech. That's why he's in there. Could you see Ramsey scrambling for 25 yards on 3rd and long, keeping hope alive on 4th down? I think not. Give the man some credit!!!

It tells me that Ramsey doesn't have a big enough ballsack to support his team all the way through, no matter how bad it is.

I like how you tell it like it is Spiff. You get plastered on this site if you are critical of Ramsey then called an idiot if you believe this team is actually better off with this move. I agree with everything you have said about the QB situation in this thread and many others. Were still 2-0 right? I forgot.

Patrick Ramsey could have done what Mark Brunell did. Only difference is, Ramsey would have done it in the first half.

Yeah a win is a win, but if dallas defense would have held the lead for ONLY 4 more minutes, everyone would have been hating Brunell. If you seen the game, Brunell couldn't get us to the end zone or the red zone up until the last part of the 4th quarter. I like the win, but we can't keep playing like this. After 4 minutes in a 4th quarter you expect me, to become a believer? Put Ramsey back in! (Give him the same chance that was given to Brunell.)

It seems to me that Ramsey got that "same chance that was given to Brunell" last week, did he not?

I agree that it's no time to focus on the negative. However, we still have a problem at QB, there's no denying that.

I don't agree. I think you have a problem in your O-line.

Name one time Ramsey made a bomb like that for a TD to get a win. Not necessarily two plays like Brunell did, but even just one. He rarely connects from that kind of distance, even if he has the arm. If he could do it, why didn't he do it against Chicago?

Well obviously this is all speculation in this thread. I agree Ramsey could have done what Brunell did...but history tells us he would have probably turned the ball over a couple more times along the way.

Probably one of those turnovers results in points and then 14 pts doesnt win it.

So Ill still take Brunell over Ramsey.

In all honesty...do you think Ramsey could have done that 13 yard scrammble that Brunell did...if history supports anything he would have been a deer in headlights.

Brunell was second...I'll repeat that...second in rushing yards. I don't think Ramsey has run that much in 4 years.

And to put it all in perspective...I've thought Ramsey should have been the starter since last year..he proved he can't do it yet...

:gaintsuck

In all honesty...do you think Ramsey could have done that 13 yard scrammble that Brunell did...if history supports anything he would have been a deer in headlights.

Brunell was second...I'll repeat that...second in rushing yards. I don't think Ramsey has run that much in 4 years.

And to put it all in perspective...I've thought Ramsey should have been the starter since last year..he proved he can't do it yet...

:gaintsuck

It was actually a 25-yard scramble on 3rd and 27. So many things about this game I can't believe... But Christ! This thread. :sucks:

:doh: :finger: :finger: :banhim: :slap: :whippin: :stfu: :sucks:

Shutup, and Enjoy the win!!! Or at least get lost so the rest of us can... :wavetowel

I agree with you 100 percent, there were passes down the field that Brunell couldnt make. I think Patrick hits moss in stride every single time, the problem with Ramsey is, his ability to make decisions quick like Brunell. Hopefully Brunell is getting the feel for Moss and Patten and things get better.

OK, I'll play.

3rd and 27 and Ramsey could have scrambled for 25 yards? I think not.

Ramsey has a strong arm but no accuracy and he wouldn't have been able, imo, to make either of those TD throws.

With Brunell we gave up five sacks, and that was with Mark scrambling for his life. If Patrick plays we're looking at another 2-4 sacks imo because he's a statue back in the pocket.

Spin it however you like but Mark Brunell is the Skins QB for now so get used to it. Furthermore, it's all right to enjoy a win without having to be so defensive because of your personnell opinions.

HTTR

Ramsey has been great throughout this entire ordeal and you really have to loose any respect for a person who insinutates otherwise. He has yet to get a fair shake in washington in under 2 full seasons of starts. Mark Brunell plays horrable all last season adn Gibbs sticks with him till halfway through, while ramsey gets pulled after 3 series afterwich brunell continues to play like he belongs in peewee football. Yet Ramsey from what the coaches has said has handled it masterfully, not saying anything about it, giving full support and practicing full out in practice.

Lets be honest here.

Yeah, just give it a rest. I was calling for Brunell's head all game... I had no idea he even had this in him, didn't know he could even throw that far. Enjoy the freakin win. This is good for the team, no matter who is quarterback is next week or the week after. Good for for player morale, good for everyone in all regards.

Bottom line is - as long as Gibbs wins you CANNOT second guess him. That's the privledge of winning. He won, he's right, end of story.

---------------------------------------------------------

***The cure: 56, 24, 60, 53, 26, 77, 76, 96, 97, 10, 19***

***Looking good: 21, 47, 95, 93, 41, 98***

***Don't know: 22, 61, 80, 89***

***Wondering: 66, 88, 8, 11***

***The desease: A.Brown - gone! R.Gardner - gone!

Archived