Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey could have done that!

addme2theRoster

Would that be the 70-yard TD that had about 20-25 yards of YAC or the 40 yard TD that was caught in the end zone? Which one of those could Brunell not have made?

Dont get me wrong, those were great passes, they were 2 step drops and he chucked the ball as hard as he possibly could. I am talking about his passes where he had to wait a little bit earlier in the game where Moss had to slow down to catch the ball. I think Ramsey hits Moss in stride instead if the pass turning into a jump ball with our 5"9" recievers. For now, Brunell is the guy and he deserves to be, because of the 25 yard scramble that saved the game, and those 2 touch down passes, in a prevent defense none the less.

On the other hand I am a little worried that our passing game is going to get any respect because of those passes alone. I dont want to argue this point, I want to celebrate the victory, I am simply stating my opinion that besides the end of the game Brunell was less than impressive, and I still think Ramsey deserves a fair shake, unfortunately its not going to be in the burgandy and gold.

Patrick Ramsey could have done what Mark Brunell did. Only difference is, Ramsey would have done it in the first half.

Yeah a win is a win, but if dallas defense would have held the lead for ONLY 4 more minutes, everyone would have been hating Brunell. If you seen the game, Brunell couldn't get us to the end zone or the red zone up until the last part of the 4th quarter. I like the win, but we can't keep playing like this. After 4 minutes in a 4th quarter you expect me, to become a believer? Put Ramsey back in! (Give him the same chance that was given to Brunell.)

Cut the jokes......

Brunell is M-O-B-I-L-E...something Ramsey cant spell. Brunell played terrible for 90% of the game but on the 3rd and 27 scrable which gained 25 yards.....that opened my eyes to one the MAJOR differences between Ramsey and Brunell and obviously Gibbs realizes this as well.

You know, I'm a big Patrick Ramsey fan. I thought the move to Brunell was a mistake, and I thought there was no way Brunell could throw downfield anymore. I figured Ramsey makes mistakes, but maybe they're correctable, and maybe we need the big arm.

I was wrong. Because Brunell showed late in the game that he CAN throw downfield. Finally. And, like it or not, he gives us the best chance to win right now.

Ramsey is a great guy, and a tough-as-nails competitor, but that Dallas defense would have made him look like a fool last night. He would have lost the game for us.

The Cowboys are a solid team, and that was a great win. Don't discount what Brunell accomplished. I really don't think Ramsey is quite ready to play games like that. I think Patrick will emerge as a good quarterback someday... but it will probably be somewhere else.

The debate is over.

Ramsey is done here. If last year was any indication, MB has bought at least the 9 games he started last year. If at that time a change is warranted it will be because we are out of the race and Cambell is coming in. I am a big PR fan, but a much bigger Skins fan. PR has one year left after this with a cap friendly salary. It would not be a bad to keep him around, but his value could go down more. BS about him being a quitter, he does take a lick and keeps ticking. After Mondays game I am convinced he is done here.

My question is this. Does anyone really believe MB can win the Skins a Super Bowl title? He is a great team guy, but he is not even the shadow of a QB like Tom Brady. I am afraid those two passes to Moss were an aberation as for most of the evening MB looked much like he did last year, flat and slow. I felt like I was being subjected to Chinese water torture. I still believe at some point PR must be given the reigns for an extended period to determine if he can ever cut the mustard....if not we need to move on to Campbell next year. Ramsey did not get a fair shake this year. My fear is that now Gibbs will have an excuse to stick with Brunell through several weeks of miserable offensive football (as he did last year)...until once again it is too late.

Patrick Ramsey could have done what Mark Brunell did. Only difference is, Ramsey would have done it in the first half.

Yeah a win is a win, but if dallas defense would have held the lead for ONLY 4 more minutes, everyone would have been hating Brunell. If you seen the game, Brunell couldn't get us to the end zone or the red zone up until the last part of the 4th quarter. I like the win, but we can't keep playing like this. After 4 minutes in a 4th quarter you expect me, to become a believer? Put Ramsey back in! (Give him the same chance that was given to Brunell.)

Did he do it in the 3 series vs the Bears?

Did he do it last year?

No....I like Patrick as well and maybe had Moss been there instead of Coles maybe that might have happened.

Brunell actually had "zip" on those balls last night, I was impressed. I didn't really think either Ramsey, Brunell or Campbell could do that right now.

Now to counter your comment with a comment.

Could Patrick have turned a 3rd and 25 scramble to a 4th and 4?

No, especially when Brunell juked a guy to pick up an extra 10 yards.

Again, I like Patrick-- but for now the QB controversy is closed. Beating Dallas the way Brunell/Moss did ended the discussion......at least for now.

Actually, he couldn't. We would have had 4th and a billion (about 27 actually) because he would not have scrambled for 24 yards. Can he throw it 70 yards, likely. Has he hit long passes, not recently.

Brunell struggled all night but in the end came up with what we needed to win. That works for me. Looks of work to be done, but we won a hard fought game.

[I can't understand how anyone could want to see Ramsey in a game. :yikes: He has shown time and time again that he cannot guide this team. He will look brilliant for one series then throw three INTs in consecutive series after that. He was drafted by Spurrier!!!!!! Do you really think he knows more about the NFL than Joe Gibbs???!!! The 'Skins should start talking to the Ravens or the Lions about trading Ramsey to them for some draft picks next year. :deal:

Let's all get off the Ramsey bandwagon and enjoy this WIN in DallASS!!! :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

:wave:

I'm sorry, but I'm beggining to think a lot of you guys are retarded. Do you watch football? Or do you just watch the Skins and blame everything that goes wrong on Brunnell?

The offense for the first 55 minutes was horrid, agreed. But, it was anything but Brunnell's fault. The playcalling sucked. We were playing defense and trying not to lose on offense. The Cowboys had stacked the line and we kept trying things that played right into their hands. Now if we had tried bombs like that earlier, I guarantee Portis runs for 100 yards. They had us figured out and we just kept doing what they figured we were gonna do. Brunnell looked pretty good to me...he has to build a rapport and timing with the starting receivers...but otherwise he did what he could with the horrible playcalling.

I only hope that they take the bye week and open things up a little. It is a shame it took desperation to get them to try going downfield.

As far as Ramsey is concerned, he doesn't make either of those throws. I know, I know...he has a cannon. He has no touch though. He overthrows both those passes, how much you wanna bet? Brunnell put both of them right on the spot. I wont even argue the 25 yard scramble...because if you have an argument for Ramsey there...you really are retarded.

:shutup:

I don't understand why people can't just enjoy the fact that we won in a fashion thats goings go down as one of the seasons most memorable games. We finally get to rub the noses of the Cowboys in a game that we have, historically, ended up on the wrong side of.

You go ahead and keep rah rahing for Ramsey. That game would have been out of reach if he was in there.

My question is this. Does anyone really believe MB can win the Skins a Super Bowl title? He is a great team guy, but he is not even the shadow of a QB like Tom Brady. I am afraid those two passes to Moss were an aberation as for most of the evening MB looked much like he did last year, flat and slow. I felt like I was being subjected to Chinese water torture. I still believe at some point PR must be given the reigns for an extended period to determine if he can ever cut the mustard....if not we need to move on to Campbell next year. Ramsey did not get a fair shake this year. My fear is that now Gibbs will have an excuse to stick with Brunell through several weeks of miserable offensive football (as he did last year)...until once again it is too late.

If we can win a Super Bowl with Mark Rypien, we can win a Super Bowl with anyone.

Didn't Ramsey have a scramble like that in the Jets game a couple years ago to seal that win. But here, I'm seeing people say he can't do it...

How can that be, when he HAS done it?

Yeah, he could have done that, with two or three interceptions and a sack on that big play where Brunell ran for a bunch of yards.

Ramsey had a better TD-INT ratio when he was the starter last year than Brunell.

Anyway, addme is partly right. He (Brunell) can't continue to play like he did and expect to win every time. He has to trust his recievers and get the ball to them early and often. He's seen what they (Moss) can do now, so hopefully he'll build on that.

As far as Ramsey being able to do what he did except in the first half....who knows (Ramsey did pass for over 100 in basically a quarter, while it took 5 or 6 or 7? for Brunell pass for that much).

Bottomline, we won.

That's it.

We won.

Brunell will have a chance to prove that wasn't a fluke in a couple weeks, but for now....we savor this victory.

My question is this. Does anyone really believe MB can win the Skins a Super Bowl title? .

Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer and Jim Mcmahon are all super bowl winners and where are they? McMahon spent the rest of his career as a journeyman and the other two are backups. Point being you don't have to have a superstar QB to win super Bowls. 1-you need a top notch defense 2-you need a solid running game. Not saying Brunell is the answer, but right now he'll do until Campbell is ready.

ramsey might have done the same thing , might have done better , might have done worse , but its over noone will over know , all we know is for now brunell led us to a victory over dallas and im gonna take that , brunell is getting old no doubt but he can still make certain throws and we need to focus on what he can do and do it more and we just might be ok this year , i for one have too apoligize because i threw him and gibbs under the bus last night so for that IM SORRY >< HTTR !!!

Man, The Blind Homerism on both sides of this issues is just sad. If Dallas DB's had any hands at all Brunell would have had about 4-5 passes picked off. Ramsey wasn't in the game, Campbell wasn't in the game (Even though they both could've made those throws) so it's not worth talking about. It came down to the conditioning of the defenses and in the end Dallas rolled over and died while the Skins managed to stay sharp.

Living in Texas (about 120 miles east of Dallas) you can imagine how much I love it when the SKINS pull off a victory like this one. All my friends and most of my family are Cowboys fans and every year I have to hear how the Cowboys "own" the SKINS and how the SKINS don't have a QB that can win for them. I remember the old days with Gibbs first tenure as coach. It's all I had to hold on to until he came back. I was a little thrilled last year when I heard Brunell was coming to the SKINS. Granted, he didn't come close to living up to my expectations, but then again it was 1. His first year under a new system 2. He was injuried and refused to sit out. I have watched Ramsey play for the past 3 years and it is the same story with him. Interceptions.... fumbles... sacks.... Ramsey doesn't know when to just throw it away or scramble for the yards when you have to. From everything I have seen in the past with Ramsey, I know the SKINS would be 1-1 right now if he was playing last night. He doesn't scramble for 25 yards when it is 3rd and 27. He takes the sack, possibly fumbling. He doesn't throw a TD to Moss on 4th and 15. He tries to force the ball underneath for about 7 yards, possibly throwing a pick. He doesn't go deep for 70 yards for the game winning TD. He gets sacked because he is busy looking for the short passes underneath.

Get off the Ramsey kick already. Brunell is going to make his mistakes and will lose a couple of games, but he is the better choice for the SKINS right now and we will win a lot more games with him in there playing than we will with Ramsey.

Archived