Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey huh?

CrazyJoe92

I'm not a huge Ramsey fan, but if you take away the 2 touchdown strikes at the end of the game it was the same MB we saw stink it up last year. Maybe his gameplan was to save up all his energy to make those 2 passes at the end of the game. Yeah, that's it.....lull those Cowgirls into a false sense of security. Anyway, this was a great win for the Skins. Dallas sucks!!!!

Can we just stop the what iffing? Its the same **** like "Oh if Ramsey didn't throw that interception at the Eagles game last year we would have won". Lotta good that does.

His stats looked great (minus the INT), but what did that get us? 0 points. I'm still unimpressed by his play. Kudos on his last minute heroics, but he consistantly failed to move the team downfield for the majority of the game.

you can't be serious, it was Brunells fault that we didn't move the ball down field ??? what about the way the line played , they should be the ones getting all the questions and doubt throw at them not Brunell, How about every time the redskins made a first down in the second half only to get a flag for a false start or holding ?? 1 step forward 2 steps back , not exactly Brunells fault , don't you think. :(

MB was great tonight.

MB was great? LOL

I dont know how some of you come up with this stuff.

Nice win. Our D won the game for us.

One thing i got out of this game is that Brunell still seems to have the arm. thats a great sign but lets not kid ourselves. brunell was nowhere near great.

Ok...I have slept on it. I will concede that Brunell deserves credit for showing that he actually DOES have an arm. That was my greatest fear...that he did NOT. He connected well on those two passes, and I will tell you what, NOW, thankfully every team that plays us, has now seen on National T.V. that Brunell, CAN and WILL throw the long ball. We now appear more balanced.

But to say Brunell had an awesome game is just plain irresponsible. We all know we wanted to jump through the set and kill the guy for about 3 quarters and 1/2. He showed nothing for most of the game. Essentially our running game was stifled because he threw nothing over 7-8 yards most times. That 40 yard pass, was a heave under pressure rolling to his right BTW.

And the D played a little soft IMO. They should have blitzed the heck out statue pocket passer Bledsoe. They could have at least blitzed 25% of the time. They gave Bledsoe time to connect on a lot of passes. But in the end our D did get it done. It is just that we gave up a bit more than i would have liked in the air.

I think it was a great win, and other teams should be scared REAL SCARED of our Defense.

Brunell looked great on TWO plays. The rest of the night he looked like utter crap. His arm still looks weak (better than last year, but still weak on the deep pass), he made some bad decisions and didn't move the team AT ALL until the last 4 minutes.

This game only gives him a stay of execution in my mind. Ramsey should still be the starter IMO.

His arm looks weak? 55 yards in the air, nice spiral, right on target, and his arm looks WEAK?!? What the heck do you want him to do that would make you think his arm is strong enough for you?

Perhaps if the blocking scheme had protected him better, he wouldn't have had to run for his life and eat the ball so much, and he'd have looked like that last 5 minutes for more of the game.

MB was great tonight? What game were you watching? The one where he went 18-32 for 120 total net passing yards in the first 55 minutes? The one who threw an easy interception which ramsey could come in and throw? The one who got sacked 5 times, 3 of which he had plenty of time to throw the ball away, including the first drive when he knocked them out of field goal range.

Which MB were you watching? I was watching the one who was on the field and needed to be off. Dont get me wrong im estatic about the victory, and that second deep throw was right on the money(granted the Cowboys D pulled a Redskin), but how quick we are to forget the first 95 minutes of Mark Brunells play so far this season.

If brunell continues to play like he has so far this season, we are set to be in the bottom 6 offenses in points scored. Im excited how bout you? For the next two weeks ill be riding the high right now and just enjoying things, but come the seattle game, I dont want to see MB play another down.

Ok...I have slept on it. I will concede that Brunell deserves credit for showing that he actually DOES have an arm. That was my greatest fear...that he did NOT. He connected well on those two passes, and I will tell you what, NOW, thankfully every team that plays us, has now seen on National T.V. that Brunell, CAN and WILL throw the long ball. We now appear more balanced.

But to say Brunell had an awesome game is just plain irresponsible. We all know we wanted to jump through the set and kill the guy for about 3 quarters and 1/2. He showed nothing for most of the game. Essentially our running game was stifled because he threw nothing over 7-8 yards most times. That 40 yard pass, was a heave under pressure rolling to his right BTW.

And the D played a little soft IMO. They should have blitzed the heck out statue pocket passer Bledsoe. They could have at least blitzed 25% of the time. They gave Bledsoe time to connect on a lot of passes. But in the end our D did get it done. It is just that we gave up a bit more than i would have liked in the air.

I think it was a great win, and other teams should be scared REAL SCARED of our Defense.

Good Post. I was furious the first 3 1/2 quarters and when we won the game the way we did all I could do was laugh. I guess what comes around goes around. Brunell is a far cry from being a consistent performer for our offense but maybe the play calling will open up a little for him.

Bottom line is we won! How about that hit Taylor had on Crayton

MB was great? LOL

One thing i got out of this game is that Brunell still seems to have the arm. thats a great sign but lets not kid ourselves. brunell was nowhere near great.

yeah, it sucks that people like you don't have more to complain about.

Yes our D did do a great job, but our D didn't throw 2 TD passes. The big part of what Joe Gibbs likes about Brunell as opposed to Ramsey is that he didn't get beat down like Ramsey has in the past and was able to do what he did at the end of the game.

MB looked like some straight **** tonight, but he won the football game. I imagine his performance did nothing to stem the contreversy.

REDSKINS 2-0, ****ES!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha your corney though just like PR he really was looking like some ***** lastnight on the bench hahahaha :dallasuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

:jerk:

Ramsey is still the back up as long as we are in contension, there is no point in trying to talk him down because you love Brunell, because ifhe goes down, as of right now, it is still Ramsey who will releive him.

Your right about Ramsey being the back up and coming in if MB is put on IR but you are big-time wrong about PR coming in to relieve him. PR can’t "relieve" himself unless he going to rub one off hahahahahaha :jerk:

Personally I think that even if Ramsey did turn the ball over alot more than Brunell, and history doesn't support him doing that, the extra 10-17 points he will put up for the team will more than offset 1 more turnover. I mean, Brunell moves the team backwards as much as forward on some drives, throws INT's himself and 95% of his passes are for 3-6 yards causing the defense to move up and destroy the entire game plan. The Redskins punted and punted and punted and turned the ball over twice. The defense played very well giving up 1 TD on a trick play but somehow the fact that Ramsey MIGHT POSSIBLY turn the ball over 3-4 more times over a full season is more important that Brunell getting nothing done unless its desperation time.

I just hope that Gibbs sees that the offense out there for 90% of the game is not going to allow us to be in many games because multiple 4th down conversions, completed deep passes plus opponent crucial penalties will not be common occurances in the final 3 minutes of games we are losing by 2 TD's.

It is a great win but to me its a game we stole back to make up for all the ones stolen from us over the past 8 seasons. It would be nice to see some more plays like those earlier in games because they worked well and should have been expected considering the time remaining in the game.

Of course history does not show PR having more ints thrown he has not been playing as long As MB and he used to play for a crap of a team. But if you look at this year who has thrown more ints than TD’s?

You guessed it PR. Right now your throwing up useless #’s and figures (sort of like Ramsey’s passing game lol)

You must be on that “dipper” if you think PR would put up 10-17 more points than Brunell. He might help the opposing team put up 10-17 points. I really don’t think you are a true redskins fan. We can put all the bad plays behind us and look outside the box. Your boy PR was about to quit on us and breach his contract so he could get traded. Then he figured he would jump on the bandwagon and let MB do all the work because he knows Brunell has a better chance of getting us to a bowl game then him; PR wanted to stay so he could get a ring after this season he will leave. What a cupcake. You’re the type of fan that takes his redskins stuff off at a game if we are down. You just have to be that type of person because now you complain that we didn’t throw enough passes. “you cant have your cake and eat it too”

With your haha this, and haha that Crazy Joe, you sound like a 9 year old girl. Rationalize all you want. Fact of the matter is blatantly true. Brunell played crappy for more then three quaters.

If he had such a great game, we would have been in the game from the start, not just the last 5 minutes.

I just want to let everyone know that Pete has said dumbest thing ever in American history.

We won the game because of MB. We just went against a team we have not beaten in like 10 seasons and won and you have a nerve to say MB played like crap? Man your missing a few marbles. He must of did something write if we won the game. Just face that PR is some butt and needs to find a new job. It’s funny to see him stand behind Joe looking like a little league player who don’t get any clock.

We need to realize that MB didn't have a great game but he didn't give it away either. (Not saying that PR would) Sure most of the passes were short dump-offs underneath but that was all Dallas was giving him. He didn't try to force things. Patrick has a great arm, he just has to learn to protect the ball and give the team a chance to be in it at the end.

Plus MB's timing with the receivers should improve having 2 weeks to work on it.

Don't know if this has been mentioned..have to goto school so I'm hurrying. Did anyone see that 25 yard scramble? And those throws? No arm????? Maybe he DID have an injury last year, or maybe he got lucky. Either way, we won! GO SKINS!!!!

Yea man it was great.

MB did have a few injuries last year. He had the hamstring and the shoulder problem.

At one point MB used to lead the league in running yards as a QB. This was before Vick as you know hahahaha

Brunell looked great on TWO plays. The rest of the night he looked like utter crap. His arm still looks weak (better than last year, but still weak on the deep pass), he made some bad decisions and didn't move the team AT ALL until the last 4 minutes.

This game only gives him a stay of execution in my mind. Ramsey should still be the starter IMO.

2 plays? You must have turned your TV on right before we won the game. Are you really a redskins fan because you don’t seem like it?

Ramsey should of could would of da daaa da.. Yea this is not preseason where he can get away with more ints than TD's. Us real redskins fans want to win games.

You might want to look at the whole game next time man.

I really cant believe you said his arm looks week even though he had those big passes for like 40 yard a little more or less. haha I can tell you don’t know what your talking about.

Can you say 99.9% of what you just said is mubo jumbo

Look we just had a game against a team with great D backs and D linemen winning at the last 4 min of the game is a good thing with a team like that if we was a head early in the game we would have got to relaxed and lost in the end. “It’s better late then never”

For 3+ quarters it was the same old thing...checkdown, checkdown, checkdown, 0 points. It wasn't until they went into panic mode and just started heaving it up that something happened. The Cowboys thought they had it won (why not, they've done it many times), and they slept on Moss. They were two good throws, but they don't negate the rest of the game, at least in terms of what Brunell did.

:doh: MB did great last night how can you get on a man for checking down? Would you want him to just call a different play and make a stupid decision like PR? MB did what works. And to say he had to do something because we were in “panic mode” is dumb. How do you know he was panicking. Man that’s really a catch 22. Whenever your down in the 4th a person like you can use a “Panic mode” excuse.

haha yea Ramsey who?

My question is this. Does anyone really believe MB can win the Skins a Super Bowl title? He is a great team guy, but he is not even the shadow of a QB like Tom Brady. I am afraid those two passes to Moss were an aberation as for most of the evening MB looked much like he did last year, flat and slow. I still believe at some point PR must be given the reigns for an extended period to determine if he can ever cut the mustard....if not we need to move on to Campbell next year. Ramsey did not get a fair shake this year. My fear is that now Gibbs will have an excuse to stick with Brunell through several weeks of miserable offensive football (as he did last year)...until once again it is too late.

All I know is we got the win and I just these comeback will fire us up and turn our offense around. With Schottenhiemer, there was that one big play with arrington that turned the season around. I just hope that these plays do the same for our offense and everything clicks. I don't think brunell played well, but he made the plays when he needed to and now that he's our starter, I'm gonna give him support.

MB was great? LOL

your wrong i wish i didn’t have to say this but this is one game where the D did not win the game for us by themself. They had no push the cowgirls O line was just to strong for them up front. I feel that they had a great game but they did not play as well as they always do. I think it was because they wanted it so bad they over committed causing them to miss tackles. I know the D can play better because I have seen them play better

Archived