Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey huh?

CrazyJoe92

This is out of control.

I don't think the quarterbacks matter as much as the plays that they're suppose to run.

Brunell made his fair share of mistakes, but I think he makes less mistakes than Ramsey does and that's why he's in there instead of Ramsey.

Now, if we can just start working on whoever is calling these plays in.

They're the same plays. The difference is Brunell always checks down.

I for one have always been a Ramsey fan and wished he still was our starting QB.....but anyone who does not give Brunell his props is just stupid at this point. Yes other than 2 passes he managed the game in a so so way.....but I do feel this was a bye product of conservitive play calling.....and poor line play. Lets face it, our line sucked tonight. Yet Brunell stuck in there and took what he could. It wasn't until the coaches said go all out that Brunell was able to show what he can offer. To be fair this season.....Ramsey was not afforded that option....but to be honest.....I'm not sure had he been given that option that we would have won tonight.

Yea, mark did a great job scrambling tonight. PR would have got hit every time with a rush like that and we would have had like 5 fumbles because of him not adding the ints he would have passed. People don’t realize that MB at one point was leading the league in running yards as a QB a few years ago (not when he was on the skins) (

man I was screaming about halfway through the 3rd quarter put the campbell in!!! Brunell got it done when it counted thats something that we have never seen patrick ramsey pull off. i just hope we have seen the last qb change for the season i hope brunell can build a lot of confidence off this and take the reigns

The only really bad play that Brunell had was that int. He handled the pressure well where as Ramsey would have freaked out and lost the fumble or thrown the pick. Instead Brunell would just take the sack and end it without a turnover. That said, the offense does have a way to go but we should see improvement beings that they have a bye week. Luck had nothing to do with those two long td passes. The coverage was tight, the throw was accurate, and the catch was beautiful.

Personally I think that even if Ramsey did turn the ball over alot more than Brunell, and history doesn't support him doing that, the extra 10-17 points he will put up for the team will more than offset 1 more turnover. I mean, Brunell moves the team backwards as much as forward on some drives, throws INT's himself and 95% of his passes are for 3-6 yards causing the defense to move up and destroy the entire game plan. The Redskins punted and punted and punted and turned the ball over twice. The defense played very well giving up 1 TD on a trick play but somehow the fact that Ramsey MIGHT POSSIBLY turn the ball over 3-4 more times over a full season is more important that Brunell getting nothing done unless its desperation time.

I just hope that Gibbs sees that the offense out there for 90% of the game is not going to allow us to be in many games because multiple 4th down conversions, completed deep passes plus opponent crucial penalties will not be common occurances in the final 3 minutes of games we are losing by 2 TD's.

It is a great win but to me its a game we stole back to make up for all the ones stolen from us over the past 8 seasons. It would be nice to see some more plays like those earlier in games because they worked well and should have been expected considering the time remaining in the game.

What are you talking about.. MB did exactly what they wanted him to do. WIN!! lets see:

Our O-line gave up 5 sacks and let the Cowgirls hurry mark 6 times

Our O-line had a lot of penalites false starts holdings you name it

Our O-line got Dominated by the Girls front 7 which F'ed up our running game

Our D- Played great but got no pressure on Bledsoe as he sat back and drank margaritas the whole game.

Thank god for Moss's speed and big play ability and thank god for MB not quitting and making big plays. I hope that with the next 2 weeks MB gets his Rapport down with patten and moss so that we can win in seattle.. And I hope that we blitz more and our O line quits sucking wind like that.. They were horrible tonight.. Thank god we won..!

HTTR

Any QB on the our roster could've made those throws....Moss deserves every bit of the credit for the win.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahha

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yeeeehahahahahahhahahah

With your haha this, and haha that Crazy Joe, you sound like a 9 year old girl. Rationalize all you want. Fact of the matter is blatantly true. Brunell played crappy for more then three quaters.

If he had such a great game, we would have been in the game from the start, not just the last 5 minutes.

MB was great tonight.

Brunell looked great on TWO plays. The rest of the night he looked like utter crap. His arm still looks weak (better than last year, but still weak on the deep pass), he made some bad decisions and didn't move the team AT ALL until the last 4 minutes.

This game only gives him a stay of execution in my mind. Ramsey should still be the starter IMO.

Brunell looked great on TWO plays. The rest of the night he looked like utter crap. His arm still looks weak (better than last year, but still weak on the deep pass), he made some bad decisions and didn't move the team AT ALL until the last 4 minutes.

This game only gives him a stay of execution in my mind. Ramsey should still be the starter IMO.

I agree. the only downside to the win is that it probably kept Brunell off the bench for the next game. I think Ramsey would have been back in after the bye if the Cowboys defense hadn't gone to sleep.

Tank,

yes MB looked good on those 2 passes , but if you look at all his numbers thur the first 3 quarters , along with the bad offensive line play , Brunell had a pretty decent game . hell i was disapointed at first ,but sacked 6 times , knocked down 6-7 times hurried to many times to even count. just about everytime the skins got a first down ,the following play results in a penalty :doh:

Brunnells timing with his recievers was off , and that is understandable to a point. there were 2 passes that were under thrown by a mere foot in the end zone , and one that was over thrown by a yard down the sideline , all which could of been TD's . lets not forget the dropped passes , which were enough to stop some drives .

i like ramsey and still hope he's with this team for a couple years. but i do think that MB is the answer to correct our offensive woes of late , he's not the same QB as last yr. and as the season progresses , everyone will see it.

I agree. the only downside to the win is that it probably kept Brunell off the bench for the next game. I think Ramsey would have been back in after the bye if the Cowboys defense hadn't gone to sleep.

You're a real piece of work, AJ. Those passes were perfect and for 3 quarters Brunell didn't do as bad as Ramsey usually does. We needed poise and a little bit of control and minus one pick thats what Brunell gave us. Ramsey also doesn't take off and make that long run. Ramsey also doesn't make that big throw on the run to Patten down the sideline for a 40 yard gain. Just admit man, Brunell played well. I'm not saying it was a pro bowl performance but cripes. We beat Dallas in Dallas for the first time since 1995. Brunell was at the helm and was a large part of that. I know all the Ramsey supporters out there are saying it was due to Moss, but whatever. Who threw the ball? Two players need to be perfect on those plays, dude. And one of them wasn't named Ramsey. Sorry, buck up and take it on the chin this time.

Maybe you'll get your wish in two weeks when we play Seattle. But I can't say I hope you do.

Tank,

yes MB looked good on those 2 passes , but if you look at all his numbers thur the first 3 quarters , along with the bad offensive line play , Brunell had a pretty decent game . hell i was disapointed at first ,but sacked 6 times , knocked down 6-7 times hurried to many times to even count. just about everytime the skins got a first down ,the following play results in a penalty :doh:

His stats looked great (minus the INT), but what did that get us? 0 points. I'm still unimpressed by his play. Kudos on his last minute heroics, but he consistantly failed to move the team downfield for the majority of the game.

For 3+ quarters it was the same old thing...checkdown, checkdown, checkdown, 0 points. It wasn't until they went into panic mode and just started heaving it up that something happened. The Cowboys thought they had it won (why not, they've done it many times), and they slept on Moss. They were two good throws, but they don't negate the rest of the game, at least in terms of what Brunell did.

For 3+ quarters it was the same old thing...checkdown, checkdown, checkdown, 0 points. It wasn't until they went into panic mode and just started heaving it up that something happened. The Cowboys thought they had it won (why not, they've done it many times), and they slept on Moss. They were two good throws, but they don't negate the rest of the game, at least in terms of what Brunell did.

so where's your proof that we would have done better with Ramsey in there?

You can't prove a hypothetical. What I can say is that if the offense had performed better for the first 3 quarters and 8 minutes, we wouldn't have needed a miracle.

A miracle is the Franco Harris play.

Two perfectly thrown bombs weren't miracles. Sorry bro.

You'll also notice that the "team player and leader" Ramsey was nowhere to be seen after the first bomb. I saw two clips of Gibbs going over the play with Brunell. Campbell was right at his side, listening intently. Where was Ramsey? After that first one I didn't see him anywhere on the sidelines.

I'm not a huge Ramsey fan, but if you take away the 2 touchdown strikes at the end of the game it was the same MB we saw stink it up last year. Maybe his gameplan was to save up all his energy to make those 2 passes at the end of the game. Yeah, that's it.....lull those Cowgirls into a false sense of security. Anyway, this was a great win for the Skins. Dallas sucks!!!!

Except for those 2 TD passes, MB had a terrible game, along with the rest of the offense. But hey, things like this can spark bigger and better things. Remember Arrington's interception after the team had started 0-5 a few years ago? The Skins went on a winning streak after that. Here's hoping for hope.

Archived