Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey huh?

CrazyJoe92

This is out of control.

I don't think the quarterbacks matter as much as the plays that they're suppose to run.

Brunell made his fair share of mistakes, but I think he makes less mistakes than Ramsey does and that's why he's in there instead of Ramsey.

Now, if we can just start working on whoever is calling these plays in.

This is asinine. Yes I gained some confidence in Brunell with those two deep passes but thats ALL he did all game. I need to see him put together consistent long drives then Ill have more faith in him. Until then put PR back in!

haha you speak so bad about MB. PR is not going to play again he is going to get traded after the season hahahah.

oh and for your info if all MB did was throw 2 passes I would take those anyday because they did beat the cowboys for the first time in many years so he must have did something right. PR could never do that we would have lost by 100 with PR in the game. PR would have gave up after he threw 3 ints in the first 5 min

Are you kidding?? You think Brunell had a "great game"? I've seen great games by QB's and that wasn't one of them.

He was gutsy and made a couple big plays in the end. Please don't tell me that 10 minutes into the 4th quarter anyone would have said," Brunell had a great game!"

hahah what are you trying to say PR would do better?

that was definetly NOT a "great game." I like how Brunell didn't quit. In all honesty, I did. I thought this game was over, left the bar and watched Brunell throw two TD's while I was at home.

My thoughts on MB are that IF he throws the ball downfield, he might be effective. I am definitely unsure though. He was rancid the first 56 minutes of the game. His best, and only pass, was on a rollout to Robert Royal, again and again. It was lame. I don't know if even MB has the confidence to throw the ball downfield. I think he was put in a position where he had to in this game. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, he'll start doing it more. If he does, I think we can win. If he keeps dumping it off, I think we will lose games.

Most important to this post. Savor the win. We don't beat Dallas much, so enjoy. We have two weeks. Whether it was Brunell, or not, or just plain luck, it doesnt matter tonight. We won. Worry about why later.

Made 2 or 3 great, great plays. The rest of his night sucked. Now, would Ramsey have done any better? Who knows... all I know is we won, and as bad as Mark played for 3 and a half quarters, his amazing 4th quarter is why we won. And for that I owe him my apologies and my thanks.

That said, the offense still has a way to go, and it would really be greta to see some more consitency out of Mark as far as downfield passes are concerned. It was getting worrisome when he was off on 5 yard out patterns, much less deep plays.

This is asinine. Yes I gained some confidence in Brunell with those two deep passes but thats ALL he did all game. I need to see him put together consistent long drives then Ill have more faith in him. Until then put PR back in!
I am not the biggest Brunell fan either. But that is just straight up hate to say that he didn't do anything other than throw two td passes. He scrambled for nearly 30 yards and a first down, he scrambled and threw a 40 yard pass down the sideline to Patten. I would have to watch the game again, but I know that he did more than just throw 2 td's....sheesh.

that was definetly NOT a "great game." I like how Brunell didn't quit. In all honesty, I did. I thought this game was over, left the bar and watched Brunell throw two TD's while I was at home.

My thoughts on MB are that IF he throws the ball downfield, he might be effective. I am definitely unsure though. He was rancid the first 56 minutes of the game. His best, and only pass, was on a rollout to Robert Royal, again and again. It was lame. I don't know if even MB has the confidence to throw the ball downfield. I think he was put in a position where he had to in this game. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, he'll start doing it more. If he does, I think we can win. If he keeps dumping it off, I think we will lose games.

Most important to this post. Savor the win. We don't beat Dallas much, so enjoy. We have two weeks. Whether it was Brunell, or not, or just plain luck, it doesnt matter tonight. We won. Worry about why later.

I think that was a great game simply because we beat the cowboys. If you get technical with the game of course it was not “great”. But anytime you haven’t beaten a team in like 14 games a winning game is a great game no matter what the score. Yea we didn’t beat them by 21 or more but dallas has not beaten us by a lot in their winning streak their wins are what you call luck.

There were a lot of dropped balls by WR that should have been completed and there were a lot of sacks because the O line did not do a great job blocking. I'm not saying MB didn’t make any mistakes but he did what PR could not do and that’s win a game and don’t give up when things get a little crazy. Mark is a later starter anyway. I'd rather have him play conservative and make good plays and then make big plays at the end then a QB that wants to throw 50 yard passes all the time and have more ints than TD's.

Campbell will be the QB by the end of the season. Possibly by the next game as the Skins have a bye week. Gibbs can always rotate them and make opponents guess.

did you just say campbell will be playing the next game? please tell me you didnt say that. :doh: he is good but he has a lot of learning to do. id MB gets put on the IR (hope to god he dont) they will put ramsey in. he is still the second string you know. :laugh: if he does not do well then they will put campbell in. I would love to see him lay ASAP but trust me he still needs some time.

Brunell made some nice plays that Ramsey could not have made. The ones that come to mind are a couple with blitzers coming and the scramble. But on the flip side, I think Ramsey could have done alot better on alot of the comebacks and outs. Bottom line, I'll be cheering and supporting whoever is in the game.

You all gotta keep in mind that PR was your starter through the preseason and into game 1. That means Brunell didn't get nearly as many reps in practice as he would have, were he the starter. So if he looks rusty now, or looks like his timing is off a bit, cut him a little slack. First, he won your game tonight, and second, he's going to get better with more reps.

But your O-line really needs to get it together.

Congrats on the win, guys!

I am not the biggest Brunell fan either. But that is just straight up hate to say that he didn't do anything other than throw two td passes. He scrambled for nearly 30 yards and a first down, he scrambled and threw a 40 yard pass down the sideline to Patten. I would have to watch the game again, but I know that he did more than just throw 2 td's....sheesh.

He took some hard hits tonight and didn't give up. I think that his confidence as a Redskin will improve his play over all. Hopefully he won't prove me wrong. But give him his due tonight

just want to know who still is "goo goo" for PR

MB was great tonight.

Im going to work and talking mad trash :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

its funny how some ppl are still on PR "spitting-mushroom" thinking he is better than MB. he cant be if he is riding the pine hahaha and Joe Gibbs thinks MB is better. A lot of you was like "oh ramsey might not be the best but Joe gibbs has him in and i go by joe gibbs" haha yea you still going by joe gibbs right now? I sure am haha. joe just didnt want to break it to PR. and he is faking a his lil neck problem. :doh: i shake my head in shame for PR

You all gotta keep in mind that PR was your starter through the preseason and into game 1. That means Brunell didn't get nearly as many reps in practice as he would have, were he the starter. So if he looks rusty now, or looks like his timing is off a bit, cut him a little slack. First, he won your game tonight, and second, he's going to get better with more reps.

But your O-line really needs to get it together.

Congrats on the win, guys!

I second that man your right. MB can only get better.

great win make sure your all talk trash to the cowboys fans

I don't think the quarterbacks matter as much as the plays that they're suppose to run.

You are exactly right. The plays that were called were way too conservative. That's not the QBs fault.

But one thing you have to recognise is that Brunell saved us with his scrambling ability. That 25 yard scramble kept us in the game. And so did all the sacks he avoided. He was pressured often but for the most part protected the ball. Every time I saw Brunell pressured I kept getting flash backs of all the times Ramsey stood in the pocket, was getting drug down and tried to throw it on his way down causing a fumble or an interception.

I don't think it's that much of a difference but I do think we gain a bit more with Brunell under center.

Archived