Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeb Bush's Son Arrested For Intoxication...

visionary

Gov. Bush's son arrested

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- The youngest son of Florida Gov. Jeb Bush was arrested early Friday and charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest, law enforcement officials said.

John Ellis Bush, 21, was arrested by agents of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission at 2:30 a.m. on a corner of Austin's Sixth Street bar district, said commission spokesman Roger Wade.

The nephew of President Bush was released on $2,500 bond for the resisting arrest charge, and on a personal recognizance bond for the public intoxication charge, officials said.

Wade said he had no further details about the charges.

Gov. Bush and his wife, Columba, appeared Friday evening at a museum reception in Miami.

"My son's doing fine. It's a private matter. We will support him. We're sad for him. But I'm not going to discuss it on the public square with 30 cameras," the governor told reporters.

It's not the first time Florida's first family has experienced legal problems with one of their children.

Noelle Bush, the governor's daughter, was arrested in January 2002 and accused of trying to pass a fraudulent prescription at a pharmacy to obtain the anti-anxiety drug Xanax. She completed a drug rehabilitation program in August 2003 and a judge dismissed the drug charges against her.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Find this article at:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/16/jeb.bush.son.arrest.ap/index.html

Uncle hasn't touched a drink in 20 years.

Says uncle, anyway. But I've seen that wedding video that looks or all the world like he might have relapsed just this once. ;)

Regardless, I'm not gonna pile on Jebby Jr., everybody messes up. I'm just surprised that in all the coverage not one source has noted that this isn't even Jebby's first brush with the law. A few years ago he got caught in a shopping mall parking lot wearing a shirt, socks, and nothing in between while he got busy with his girlfriend. Not to mention his older brother, who got picked up for breaking and entering as a college student but escaped arrest when his ex-girlfriend's father declined to press charges. And then there's the problems Noelle has had. One offspring making mistakes is probably par for the course, but I detect a pattern here. Methinks old Jeb could have done a better job instilling those family values into his own family.

Says uncle, anyway. But I've seen that wedding video that looks or all the world like he might have relapsed just this once. ;)

Regardless, I'm not gonna pile on Jebby Jr., everybody messes up. I'm just surprised that in all the coverage not one source has noted that this isn't even Jebby's first brush with the law. A few years ago he got caught in a shopping mall parking lot wearing a shirt, socks, and nothing in between while he got busy with his girlfriend. Not to mention his older brother, who got picked up for breaking and entering as a college student but escaped arrest when his ex-girlfriend's father declined to press charges. And then there's the problems Noelle has had. One offspring making mistakes is probably par for the course, but I detect a pattern here. Methinks old Jeb could have done a better job instilling those family values into his own family.

Nice. Now we have people attacking the president's brother's family.

You think that's an attack? I just find it odd that they used such kid gloves on so obvious a problem. If I wanted to attack I wouldn't have to resort to the brother's family to find trouble with the law, plenty enough in the First Family. As it happens I like Jeb a lot more than George, think he'd have made a better President as well. Actually, both of them demonstrate quite well a theory I have about very successful people, that it often comes at the expense of those around them. Perhaps a little more time with the family would have made things better at home, but it probably would have cost a lot of that professional success.

If I was walking around 6th st in Austin, I'd be hammered too.

In fact, every time I've been there I have gotten hammered. I don't see the big deal. It's kind of a rite of passage. 6th street is a Texas version of Bourbon street.

You think that's an attack?

Jimbo, don't bother replying to this guy, look at his posts.

http://extremeskins.com/forums/search.php?searchid=13187

Re: Daddy, why did we have to attack Iraq?

Who gives a sh!t "why" we invaded Iraq. The bottom line is Hussein is out of power and we have a long term miltary base of operations right in the "middle" of the Middle East. If we had the bend the...

Re: Jeb Bush's Son Arrested For Intoxication...

this a pre-staged interview?

Re: Is this a pre-staged interview?

Yeah, you make people think what a jacka$$ you are.

Also, you might want to spell check the next brilliant, thought provoking post you type up. Your spelling sucks.

You are a condescending little pr!ck who needs a serious beat down.

Re: Jeb Bush's Son Arrested For Intoxication...

Uncle hasn't touched a drink in 20 years.

Rack her!

I suppose its okay to wonder and specualate on wheather or not the Clintion Marriage is real in your world isnt it?

Or the real Tin Foil Hat question who is Clintions real father? ( Nothing seems off limits in the world of the politico)

http://www.samsloan.com/billsdad.htm

William Jefferson Blythe in 1944, said to be the real father of Bill Clinton, but he doesn't seem to look much like Bill
Blythe was NOT in the country 9 months prior to Bill's birth and ONLY returned 6 MONTHS PRIOR to his birth. Virginia was asked about this and her response was Clintonesque: 'I pushed hard for an early labor'.

You think that's an attack? I just find it odd that they used such kid gloves on so obvious a problem. If I wanted to attack I wouldn't have to resort to the brother's family to find trouble with the law, plenty enough in the First Family. As it happens I like Jeb a lot more than George, think he'd have made a better President as well. Actually, both of them demonstrate quite well a theory I have about very successful people, that it often comes at the expense of those around them. Perhaps a little more time with the family would have made things better at home, but it probably would have cost a lot of that professional success.

Yeah, only successful people's kids have problems. :rolleyes:

Archived