Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This years Redskins are getting no respect at all...

Cou-!@#$DALLAS-gh

Every web site i go to, everyone i talk to, every analysit in the sports world is saying the same thing.... "The redskins will finish last in everything." "They will lose to everyone." I even saw an article where one analyist is picking us to go 1-15 this year. They are picking the Giants to finish 2nd in the division. Youve got to be !@#$ kidding me....

-Our offensive line is solid

-Our wide recievers are far better this year

-Did anyone else see Portis make the steelers #1 defense look like B!tches?

-Last time i looked we forced the Steelers to change from the 3-4 to the 4-3 because they couldnt stop the run.

This is what i think...

-We have a good shot to go 4-0 to start the season...

If you get a chance check out the Chicago Bears version of ExtremeSkins...

They are all saying that our defense isnt that good and they are pretty sure the Bears are going to rout us.... What Planet are they living on?

What do you guys think?:evil:

Well, that is a very good set of questions. A very good set of questions indeed. Questions that should be asked because of the media disrespect the club has received so far this off-season. As a matter of fact, I am guessing that people have already started threads on these very questions and many people have responded to them. That you have only four posts I will say that those are very good questions that other members just happen to have already asked, and welcome to the board. :)

We don't deserve it until we do something.

We also don't deserve to be labeled as horrible before we do anything. The mediots seems to be turning an abolutely blind eye on the skins this year with no insight at all provided into the club. I have to wonder if this is in some part backlash at the skins over their "unfiltered" efforts of late. Personally I think this is the best thing to happen to a skins fan in a long time. I love watching the interviews without the spin. Especially GW is awesome. I do wish they could sort out the sudio a little better sometimes though so you could hear all of the questions. Other than that, it's great.

I would much rather be the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL and sneak up on teams and pop them in the mouth then to be the 2000 Skins and fall flat on our face.

I don't care what the pundits think. I do however wonder what the coaching staff's from other teams think. I hope we catch them napping , but I have a feeling alot of them realize the potential this team has this year.

Hmmmmm. Not so sure about this. I think our passing offnse will be improved, but only because it couldn't get much worse. But I don't see our WRs as a strength by any means. Hope they prove me wrong.

Others are right. What have we done to deserve any respect in recent years?

My hope is that Gibbs simply returns respect and competitiveness to this organization. THAT'S the first step before we go talking any more rings. Things can happen fast in today's NFL, but first things first.

One playoff appearance in twelve years, and that's what you're gonna get.

You have to actually do something before you earn respect.

Yep.We win games we get that respect.Which will all go down the toilet if we overlook the Bears. Lose that at home, then by chance lose to the Cowturds, then a very long byweek we will have. :doh:

Every web site i go to, everyone i talk to, every analysit in the sports world is saying the same thing.... "The redskins will finish last in everything." "They will lose to everyone." I even saw an article where one analyist is picking us to go 1-15 this year. They are picking the Giants to finish 2nd in the division. Youve got to be !@#$ kidding me....

-Last time i looked we forced the Steelers to change from the 3-4 to the 4-3 because they couldnt stop the run.

This is what i think...

They are all saying that our defense isnt that good and they are pretty sure the Bears are going to rout us.... What Planet are they living on?

Well, what are you waiting for?

Book reservations for Detroit tonight. ;)

Thats fine, we can go in under the radar, hopefully all the NFL teams will play us with the same attitude as the media.

They're just setting themselves up to have to proclaim Joe Gibbs is a GENIOUS (again). I can live with that. We just need to perform up to our expectations and not theirs.

:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky

Thats one reason I am excited.... everytime we are picked to do something in the last few years we do nothing.... give our guys something to strive for and something to prove.... maybe they will achieve the greatness that they are capable of...... i think so...

This is the first time in many years that the media hasn't been swinging from our players jocks and hyping us up. I think it's the best think that could happen to our team. The players have something to play for, respect! In years past they were given respect without having to earn it and everytime they fell short of the hype. I think this year we'll be serving up a hot helping of crow and the whole team will be spicing it up with a little BAM! Kick it up a notch boys!

This is what i think...

They have no balls...If you'll notice the pundits always pick the same winning teams as the previous season for the most part. Now they add a few teams who they think has potential to surprise everyone but that's about it.

and then any team who performs like San Diego last year and really surprises the following year they are not expected to do it again.

It's called "playing it safe" and it started right after they all thought Snyder bought himself a Superbowl..

I dunno....

The point i was trying to make was anyone with common sense knows we are being seriously underrated(We havent done anything yet to convict us of finishing last in every single category this year). That may work to our benefit if teams play us in a lax way. Last season we would have been 13-3 if we could have mustered 10 more points on offense. I dont think our defense has taken too many steps back and from what I have seen out of our offense i think we can muster up those 10+ more points this season.

To the comment about or recievers not being an up grade this year...

In the Steelers game when Ramsey under threw Moss and he jumped and caught the ball over the defender, which one of our recievers would have done that last year? Mr. 50/50? Or Mr. Turf Toe I cant get open to save my life?

This team doesnt need to be treated like its non existant....:evil:

I dunno....

To the comment about or recievers not being an up grade this year...

In the Steelers game when Ramsey under threw Moss and he jumped and caught the ball over the defender, which one of our recievers would have done that last year? Mr. 50/50? Or Mr. Turf Toe I cant get open to save my life?

One preseason reception does not a superior WR corp make. I simply don't see how you can say with such certainty "Our wide recievers are far better this year." Historically speaking, David Patten and Santana Moss are not "far better" than Coles and Gardner.

Hopefully improved play at QB and better play calling (that's right!) will infuse some much-needed energy into our passing attack this season.

One preseason reception does not a superior WR corp make. I simply don't see how you can say with such certainty "Our wide recievers are far better this year." Historically speaking, David Patten and Santana Moss are not "far better" than Coles and Gardner.

Hopefully improved play at QB and better play calling (that's right!) will infuse some much-needed energy into our passing attack this season.

Now see there you go. Your thinking again.

:D

While I agree with your sentiment based on talent alone, I have to add that both Coles and Gardner made it blatantly obvious that they didn't believe in Joe Gibbs or his system.

I know that I have a hard time giving it 100% when I don't believe in what I'm doing. It's possible that we did indeed get 100% out of Coles simply based on his pride, but I know for a fact that we'll be seeing a much stronger effort from this year's receivers and that in addition to what you mention above will help to energize our passing game.

:2cents:

Archived