Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This years Redskins are getting no respect at all...

Cou-!@#$DALLAS-gh

One preseason reception does not a superior WR corp make. I simply don't see how you can say with such certainty "Our wide recievers are far better this year." Historically speaking, David Patten and Santana Moss are not "far better" than Coles and Gardner.

Hopefully improved play at QB and better play calling (that's right!) will infuse some much-needed energy into our passing attack this season.

I don't see how they are not an improvement over a disgruntled receiver who couldn't seem to hold on to the ball and a turf toe cry baby. Call me crazy but I think we just might be a little better off than last year.

I don't see how they are not an improvement over a disgruntled receiver who couldn't seem to hold on to the ball and a turf toe cry baby. Call me crazy but I think we just might be a little better off than last year.

I'm not saying we won't see improvement in the passing game. I'm saying it won't come from our current WR corp being "far better" than last year's. We may see improved play from similar or (dare I say!) less talent at WR. Moss and Patten aren't exactly the second coming of Rice and Taylor you know. :)

I can't think of too many WRs who WOULDN'T be somewhat disgruntled playing in our offense last year. Trying to scoop Brunell's balls out of the ground or pull one of Ramsey's out of the air would be enough to frustrate anyone. :)

56, I was basing my statements questioning Cough's assertion on WR talent alone, so we seem to be saying the same thing in a different way.

I'm not saying we won't see improvement in the passing game. I'm saying it won't come from our current WR corp being "far better" than last year's. We may see improved play from similar or (dare I say!) less talent at WR. Moss and Patten aren't exactly the second coming of Rice and Taylor you know. :)

I can't think of too many WRs who WOULDN'T be somewhat disgruntled playing in our offense last year. Trying to scoop Brunell's balls out of the ground or pull one of Ramsey's out of the air would be enough to frustrate anyone. :)

56, I was basing my statements questioning Cough's assertion on WR talent alone, so we seem to be saying the same thing in a different way.

Agreed maybe our current receivers aren't Rice and Taylor but I think they'll put forth a hell of a lot more effort than our tandem last year. Coles nor Gardner played up to their potential last year. Gardner hasn't played up to his potential for several years.

Archived