Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys talking with Price?

refuze

Cowboys | Interested in Price

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:42:37 -0700

Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys have spoken to the agent of free agent WR Peerless Price (Falcons), and the two sides have scheduled more talks for Wednesday, Aug. 31. The Cowboys are interested in Price mainly because of QB Drew Bledsoe's presence with the team. With Bledsoe as his quarterback with the Buffalo Bills in 2002, Price caught a career-high 94 passes for 1,252 yards and nine touchdowns. "With Drew's relationship with Peerless, that's something we'd like to explore," said Price's agent, Tim McGee.

:dallasuck

I hope this doesn't happen. :doh:

:dallasuck

I hope this doesn't happen. :doh:

Stephen Jones was just on a local station and Price and his Agent will be coming to Dallas in a few hours to meet with the team. I certainly wouldn't want to get into a bidding war for Price but if the price is right :) than I am fine with the signing.

Stephen Jones was just on a local station and Price and his Agent will be coming to Dallas in a few hours to meet with the team. I certainly wouldn't want to get into a bidding war for Price but if the price is right :) than I am fine with the signing.

He'd be a good addition to your WRs. I would love to see him end up somewhere else!

Personally I'd rather not have Simon, Warrick, Price, or McCants anywhere in the NFC East.

Doesn't matter where they go the point is they were all cut in the first round of cuts which should tell you something right there. Obviously none of these players:

A. Can live up to expectations

B. Can stay healthy

If they all go to the NFC East rivals who cares I know I don't. None of these players scare me any. :paranoid:

Can someone explain to me what Warrick, Price, or McCants have done that are cause for concern for us? Price had a good year as a #2... 3 years ago. If he went to the Eagles, maybe I'd be a little worried. Dallas and NY don't have anyone who could touch Moulds-from-3-years-ago's jock. Warrick is an overhyped #3 WR. McCants got cut because he was lazy. :yawnee:

Price is a decent player, but I don't know that he's any better than Glenn or Keyshawn. It would be a good move for depth I guess.

I think that's why the move is being made. Odds are Price would play as a number 3 guy for us, but with Glenn's injury problems, he could easily be number 2 by mid-season. If we DON'T get a guy like Price, we'd have to promote Crayton to number two, and we're not sure he's ready yet for a role like that. Also, that would mean our 3/4 receivers would be a mix of Terrance Copper/Tom Crowder...yeah...

WR is one of our weak spots, so its nice to see this is potentially going to happen. I don't know if he's a great talent or not, but Price is a welcome addition to our offensive unit.

There are a lot of reports that this is going to happen soon. :cheers:

It definitely wouldn't hurt. Even if 2003 was a fluke, he still shows he can perform as a compliment, and if anyone can help him regain what he lost in Buffalo, it's his former QB. It would be a move I WOULDN'T want to see happen, but if it does, it will be hard to discount it for the price he'll be going for.

But, but... b-b-b-b-but thats not possible!!!!

Keyshawn and Glenn are the greatest! And there is a ton of rookie talent on the team!

Just ask TheHereafter if you don't believe me. :)

:rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Now were havin' fun! Good one Zoony! I don't recall stating that Key and Glenn "are the greatest".. :( --- there is a ton of rookie talent on the team.. just not @ WR... I would love to bring in Price .. he would be a good addition :)

Awfull thing is, is that if the cowboys get price and hes successfull with bledsoe as he was in buffalo...they challange for the division title and probly win it.:eaglesuck

I wouldn't go so far as saying that, though I would love for it to happen, but adding Price would be a very good move, IMHO.

It will improve our depth greatly and bring in a fairly young receiver who has had success with our quarterback.

I hope this happens. :cheers:

I hope this does not happen either also Peter Warrick has a meeting tuesday @ Seattle with the Seahawks!

nfldraftguide04.jpg

He adds speed and talent to that group and unlike most of the other over-the-hill FAs Dallas has added, he might actually have a future.

However, I wouldn't count on Warrick, Price, MCCants or any other free agent WRs set free to make much of an impact this year on ANY team they sign with. That goes for Dallas, Washington or whoever. WRs need time to learn a system and get timing down with a QB. I can't think of too many other than Terrell Owens in 04 and Coles in 03 that made much of an impact with their new teams. And that was with an entire offseason to get things down. I'm sure Moss will have a great year with the Raiders but he's a freak.

I think the best thing about adding any of these players is that they will come VERY cheap due to the timing of their release.

Archived