Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official extremeskins list of all the "experts" incorrect predictions?

E-Dog Night

I just don't have the patience to do it myself - I would but I have to finish some stuff up here at work, and the search function isn't up and running, so I can't look for the ones that were already posted on this board. But I was thinking that it would be a good idea to set aside a sticky thread or something of that nature with all the media "experts" predicting that the Redskins will finish last in the NFC east, that they won't even have a winning record, etc.

The reason behind this is to see what all the experts say when the Redskins make the playoffs this year. Who owns up to their mistake and who doesn't? There's bound to be dozens.

Off the top of my head: Street & Smith, TSN, SI's Peter King, CBS Sportsline, and of course everyone's favorite Lenny Pastabelly from ESPN...just to name a few, have all predecited the Skins to finish last in the NFC east - just like they all predicted the Chargers to finish last in 2004...and how they predicted the Ravens to finish ahead of the Steelers...and the Colts to win the Super Bowl...and the Seahawks would make it to the NFC championship game...

How about it guys? Bubba, you up for it?

Ok, I'll get it started, in no particular order:

411: "This team might take another step back this year." (Ryan Smith)

S&S: prediction: last in NFC east (don't have the mag to get a name)

TSN: prediction: last in NFC east (Dan Pompeii)

ESPN Sports Nation predicts O/U for wins: 6

if you were these guys what would you honestly think, yes we as fans see something different, but untill the skins can show differently we are going to be taking very lightly

I agree. These experts don't have the insight and incredible foresight that we do. But seriously, some of these guys are "fans" as well...just not fans of the Redskins. Everybody had a favorite team growing up and they are going to be influenced by that. Ron Jaworski always favors the Eagles and Michael Irvin always favors the Cowboys. However, Troy Aikmen seems to be one ex player who is able to be impartial and view the Skins differently than most analysts and different than all ex Cowboys players.

But getting back to the topic....we all have a different pair of rose coloured glasses on.

In the NFL nearly every team can make the claim of having a chance at becoming if not great at least pretty good/competitive....maybe all the experts are predicting us to go no where....but what the experts say means jack S***....the steelers last year were predicted by few to be make the playoffs, a majority saw them as a team that would struggle to reach 500.....they went 15-1....honestly if we end up making the playoffs, even win the division that would not be nearly as big a shocker as what the Steelers were able to do.....the experts put their foot in their mouth every year on many teams, what the 'experts' say is not really a reliable prediction more so an educated guess due to the parity in the NFL....I am not looking forward to having the experts put their foot in their mouth rather I just want to see the skins win and enjoy every single momment!!! I posted this a couple weeks ago thought this might also apply:

You will find this in the MLB/NBA for instance through out the regular season but when you get down to the playoffs team chemistry/momentum and the collective will is not as formidable an opponent over a five or seven game stretch in two or three consecutive series. However in the NFL team chemistry is probably the most necessary element needed to succeed, with it you have a good chance to win or at least put up a fight every game. Without it your season is doomed, no chance what so ever. In the NFL momentum and homefield advantage is ten times more of a bigger element to succeed compared to the NBA/MLB. You do well in the regular season you still are going to have to win on your opponents home field/areana....however in the NFL homefield is everything.....

Because of the parity in the NFL teams have a chance in every game they play=possible winning streak=winning makes players/coaches happy they build comrodery=become even stronger through chemistry=season only being 16 games you get a decent lead in your division you are hard to bring down=you get homefield advantage which is key for playoff success

Lets be perfectly honest on paper there is not that much difference between the Patriots and the rest of the league, talent wise.....but they have been able to take their abilities as a cohesive unit and play as a unit.......people go about saying well the Patriots disprove the theory that a dynasty can not occur in todays NFL, I would say that what the NFL has done is stopped there being a seperation between the top and bottom market teams, stopped big market teams from buying up players over and over again while small market teams selling their fans short.......the Patriots are not like the Yankees who just constantly buy new players, the Patriots are proof that money does not come from success, sucess in whatever you do is still persistance/perserverence....

PERSISTENCE

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

1932 Calvin Coolidge

http://www.calvin-coolidge.org/page...ns/quotesp.html

What I am trying to say is that with the NFL if someone says I know this team has no chance or this team can not be beat.....they really do not know what they are talking about....teams have their advantages going into this season do not get me wrong.......but every team in the league, as the cliche goes, is starting tied for first.....

Its gonna be great if the skins make the playoffs this year and make all of those losers look like fools

It would not make them look like fools. If we make the playoffs this season, we will have come out of nowhere. Nobody looked a fool last season when the Chargers broke out. It was just unexpected.

Everyone needs to stop taking this stuff so personal. Until we start showing something, nobody is going to pick us to do anything.

Besides, those "analysts" are just like weather men, they all say the same thing with very minor variations. Sometimes a weather man says it's gonna be a clear day and the next thing you know, we have 2 feet of snow.

The point is, they really have no idea what they are talking about. It is just that we seem to listen even though they have a 50% chance of being right or wrong. Who cares what they predict for us. 9 times out of ten, it is going to be incorrect.

Athlon Sports Mag prediction: 3rd in East

"The offense should be better with Jansen returning to the line, but the team did little to address its lack of playmakers on the perimeter....the defense should again be among one the league's best under Gregg Williams. But there are too many deficiencies on offense to challenge for a playoff spot."

Archived