Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedEx Field rated low by TSN

Kilmer

I talked to a player last year about where he liked. He said FedEx was average...the actual field conditions in Pittsburgh and Baltimore were awful for grass. Especially Baltimore. He said the drainage would leave crazy puddles.

Umm, I think he said Seattle's fake turf was nice....

Yeah it sucks. You don't notice how much it blows unless you are sober...

I didnt even realize until one game last season when I went with my girlfriend. "Whats up with all the commercials during the timeouts?" You pay over $100 to be at the game and you get just as many crappy commercials during the breaks as you would if you sat at home watching on TV. At least at home you can Tivo through the commecials.

At least we have a good energy rating, thats all we fans can really control. And we have a history of losing for the last 10 years and we still rate an 8out of 10 for energy. If we start winning they'll crank that up to a 12 out of 10.

HOF44

Bob

#1 thing to improve FedEx field: Wins

Bingo. Energy level,game day experience sense of history would all be higher if we had a winning team.

0 of Location? I guess they're talking about a downtown ballpark, which is terrible for traffic conditions. :doh:

7 for Field conditions. I have walked FedEx and its like a fairway. :doh:

Whatever, if compared to RFK for game day experience, thereis no comparison. RFK was a great place to watch a football game.

I have no gripes with that ranking. I'm a season ticket holder and the game day experience is very poor. Spending good money on tickets, food/beer, and enduring a brutal commute in and out of the stadium after seeing your team lose--and having too many opposing teams fans to deal with really hurts the overall experience. Wins can fix everything though. Supposedly the field and drainage system are top of the line.

It's not in DC, which isn't the teams fault, but still sucks. It's loaded with other team fans and arrogant "got my tickets from work" executive types that don't seem to get it. I've seen people be hushed for cheering when defensive players are asking for crowd noise....that kind of crap would get you stabbed in most countries. It just doesn't have the crazy "our house!" feel to it. RFK was known as one of the craziest places to play, this place....is nice. Ya dig?

This survey has nothing to do with wins and loses...... if it did, the Browns energy level wouldn't be a 10

I agree with every grade and hope Snyder is reading. I know he didn't put it there, so he can't be blamed for location, but his decisions certainly effect the gameday experience.

In any case, that survey is sad to look at as a Skins fan.

Yeah it sucks. You don't notice how much it blows unless you are sober...

I didnt even realize until one game last season when I went with my girlfriend. "Whats up with all the commercials during the timeouts?" You pay over $100 to be at the game and you get just as many crappy commercials during the breaks as you would if you sat at home watching on TV. At least at home you can Tivo through the commecials.

I was lucky enough to experience the joy that was RFK. I have gone to most of the games that have been at Fedex and the place just keeps getting worse. On my drive into the stadium the other night the lines where long. The parking staff was unattentive and nearly caused an accident. Then when I got into the stadium the food was absolutely horrible. I had the chicken tenders and fries for 9.00. The fries where like limp cold potato noodles and the chicken was like eating fried bologna. I thought I was going to vomit they were that bad. The beer is 7.00 a piece. The jumbo-tron is by no means Jumbo. It did seem to be in HD this year though. The replays were not but the live feeds where. The acoustics are extremely bad. The traffic leaving the stadium is horrible. Why they did not make this stadium easily metro accessible is still something I ponder often. Then there is the team itself. The players and coaches have taken a chapter out of the Patriots playbook by just running out on to the field and not doing introductions. I haven't heard the PA announcer announce Joe Gibbs and have him run out of the tunnel since he returned to coaching. All of you who say that he doesn't want put the attention on himself and individuals can shove it. I want to build that fever pitch by hearing Sean Taylor's name, Lavar Arrington's name, Chris Cooley's name and by God Joe Freakin Gibb's name so I can loose my S*** and go nuts with 90k other fans in the stands. I live and die by the team but the fan experience at Fed Ex is a 2 on a scale of 10.

I was lucky enough to experience the joy that was RFK. I have gone to most of the games that have been at Fedex and the place just keeps getting worse. On my drive into the stadium the other night the lines where long. The parking staff was unattentive and nearly caused an accident. Then when I got into the stadium the food was absolutely horrible. I had the chicken tenders and fries for 9.00. The fries where like limp cold potato noodles and the chicken was like eating fried bologna. I thought I was going to vomit they were that bad. The beer is 7.00 a piece. The jumbo-tron is by no means Jumbo. It did seem to be in HD this year though. The replays were not but the live feeds where. The acoustics are extremely bad. The traffic leaving the stadium is horrible. Why they did not make this stadium easily metro accessible is still something I ponder often. Then there is the team itself. The players and coaches have taken a chapter out of the Patriots playbook by just running out on to the field and not doing introductions. I haven't heard the PA announcer announce Joe Gibbs and have him run out of the tunnel since he returned to coaching. All of you who say that he doesn't want put the attention on himself and individuals can shove it. I want to build that fever pitch by hearing Sean Taylor's name, Lavar Arrington's name, Chris Cooley's name and by God Joe Freakin Gibb's name so I can loose my S*** and go nuts with 90k other fans in the stands. I live and die by the team but the fan experience at Fed Ex is a 2 on a scale of 10.

GREAT POST... AGREE WITH EVERY WORD :applause:

Fed Ex has alot of seats and that's about it. Not alot of character. I wonder if Snyder would have liked to have built this thing himself rather... or if he'd entertain the idea of building a new stadium in DC?

And I've experienced those executive idiots first hand. If you don't want to hear people cheer, sit your ass down on the couch and watch the game at home.

And if they show that stupid commercial with the coach getting hit in the nuts by the little kid football player and a helicopter comes to help him, I'm going to take a hostage.

No sh!t. They do realize that it's not funny anymore, don't they?

Also, God help us if we have to see the 'Funky Four' one more friggin' time. :rolleyes:

It seems like they have turned down the volume of the commercials somewhat this year. In prior years, the volume of the commercials was so loud, that it would stop the crowd cold during any break. Hopefully this is a trend that we will see in the regular season.

Fed Ex has alot of seats and that's about it. Not alot of character. I wonder if Snyder would have liked to have built this thing himself rather... or if he'd entertain the idea of building a new stadium in DC?

And I've experienced those executive idiots first hand. If you don't want to hear people cheer, sit your ass down on the couch and watch the game at home.

I always forget that Snyder didn't build FedEx, because the blueprint and location of the stadium certainly have his name written all over it.... eg. the largest stadium in the NFL so he can pack all of his customers, I mean fans into it.... a stadium in the middle of nowhere so fans have no option but to pay for parking.... but that stuff really isn't his fault.

My problems go back to what everyone else is saying... and some of it's small but it all adds up:

1. can't even bring a peanut and drop of water into the stadium (at Giants stadium we made sandwiches, brought in bags of chips and sodas, etc)

2. he has added on to the largest stadium in the NFL with obstructed view seats, etc., essentially devauling what it really means to have a ticket into the game because you everyone and their mother is trying to get rid of them.

3. more seats, yet no more bathrooms. love not being able to see a quarter of football because I have to pee

4. no giveaway days... a pee cup maybe?

5. ridiculous prices... and I know it's just not FedEx but if I'm paying 9 bucks for chicken fingers and fries it shouldn't make me want to miss a quarter of football to wait in the bathroom line to throw up

6. tradition of the band is gone because loud, annoying commercials are played every second he gets

ETC, ETC, ETC

3. more seats, yet no more bathrooms. love not being able to see a quarter of football because I have to pee

4. no giveaway days... a pee cup maybe?

:laugh: :applause: :notworthy hilarious

Honestly, if they let you bring in some food, and tone down the music and Extremely loud commercials, I'd be happy.

This actually saddens me. I have only ever been to the old Bengals Riverfront (which was aweful) and Brown's(lots of obstructed seats, I was in them) stadiums, never got a chance to go to RFK when I lived in Maryland. Ohio State fans take a lot of pride in the Horseshoe...which reminds me of the pride Redskins fans had about RFK. Even though there is probably no chance in hell I will ever attend a game at FedEx field, as a fan I would like to be proud of where my team play.

FedEx compared to M&T are night in day. As much as I hate to say it Ravens stadium is tenfold what FedEx is. Nicer the jumbotron is actually god forbid a jumbotron.

All this ****ing could go away if we just win some games.

Hate to agree with you, but I do. Whats worse is the stadium is in a city and the parking and traffic is so much better than Fed Ex. That's what really pi**es me off.

Archived