Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your thoughts on how the Redskins will play on Friday

Walking Deadman

Being a nationally televised game, the 3rd (usually most important game) of the preseason (with usually the most playing time for the starters) and playing a pretty good Pittsburgh team-- I think Gibbs will show a little of what to expect out of the 2005 Washington Redskins......It'll be good maybe to see Portis play a series or two.

I'm really excited for Friday....... :helmet:

I think the Skins will actually win on Friday night since this is a semi-important game. Gibbs will want to win this one even more than the Bengals game. (BTW: I didn't think the Skins would beat either the Panthers or the Bengals, but I do think they'll beat the Steelers).

Being a nationally televised game, the 3rd (usually most important game) of the preseason (with usually the most playing time for the starters) and playing a pretty good Pittsburgh team-- I think Gibbs will show a little of what to expect out of the 2005 Washington Redskins......It'll be good maybe to see Portis play a series or two.

I'm really excited for Friday....... :helmet:

I think the Skins will actually win on Friday night since this is a semi-important game. Gibbs will want to win this one even more than the Bengals game. (BTW: I didn't think the Skins would beat either the Panthers or the Bengals, but I do think they'll beat the Steelers).

Im looking for good play from both of our sides, and I think we can win too

the Redskins have been playing their offensive starters a half the first two preseason games. I don't see a change here. Portis may not play that much, giving Betts a chance to further showcase himself.

I think the Steelers' D will be a great test for the offensive line in pass protection. It will be interesting to see that if with time Ramsey is able to again find receivers down the field.

The Steelers, though, are likely to pressure Ramsey more than the Bengals were able to, so we will get a chance to see if Patrick has learned to throw the ball away when there is nothing there :)

I think for when the starters are in the run-pass ratio will be closer to even.

Our defense will continue to handle it's business. I too think Gibbs really wants to win this, so I don't think we'll be seeing as many deep passes. Just smart ball control.

Portis will score.

PR will throw two more picks in the first half, the crowd will boo unmercifully, then Brunell will lead a second-half drive for a TD, the fans will do the wave, Mark Kessler will be annoying, JBooma will decide to buy obstructed view season seats, the Skins will lose by 4, and there will be 37 separate Ramsey threads within the first four hours after the game ends.

Hey, I'm an optimist, right?

I think we'll see a really competitive team on both sides of the ball this Friday. Coach Gibbs has been doing nothing but heaping praise on the Steelers and rightfully so.

Both Gibbs and staff and the players realize what a measuring stick this is for them so I get the feeling the first team will be out to prove they can play with anyone.

Hopefully Pat continues his improvement so that Sat. morning maybe we don't have a 1,000 threads about Ramsey vs Brunell vs Campbell vs Laufenberg ...etc.......

:laugh: :laugh:

It would be funnier if it wasn't possible......sad, but true.

I would like to ask my fellow fans NOT TO BOO at this game......we are on Fox on Friday, I'd would be nice if we could get really loud and shut down the Steeler crowd that will be there.

Can we have some team unity whether you're in the Brunell or Ramsey (or heck add Campbell if you want) camp?

I think you'll see a low-scoring 1st half, with Int's on both sides. PR will come out looking better than Big Ben, and Portis will put his extra 20 lbs to good use, opening up the field for PR to throw. PR will throw for 127 in the first half, 2int's, and one TD. Ben will throw for 100 yards, 3 int's, and be sacked 3 times.

Just a predicition, but I have a weird feeling (despite my criticisms as of late) that PR is going to show us why he's the starter.

I expect them not to look as good as last week overall--no 200 yards of offense in the first half, for example. My main thing to watch for is to win the TO battle, and not to make mental mistakes.

Don't expect us to look great on offense against the leagues #1 D--that's the facts.

It's going to be a real test. Hopefully, we'll see composure and smarts, ball-control and a few good shots down field.

This IS going to be a real test for our O Line.

Hopefully CP is well enough to play and to make a statement behind that line. And hopefully, PR will complete those long balls.

A win this game could be the turning point in this campaign.

Blondie

This IS going to be a real test for our O Line.

Hopefully CP is well enough to play and to make a statement behind that line. And hopefully, PR will complete those long balls.

A win this game could be the turning point in this campaign.

Blondie

I agree with everything this fine lady has stated.

I see this as a must win game for the starters.

Not important whether the Redskins win or lose on the scoreboard, IMO, however.

The starters need to dominate and annihilate the Steelers, on both sides of the ball. That should lead to a W on the scoreboard, but we all know how PS games go.

I'm expecting a soild quarter of play from Portis, but I don't want him in more than that. Nemo will continue his positive trend and solidify his role as a bruiser ideal for goal line / short 3rd down conversions.

Carlos, somewhat embarrassed from being burned twice last game (and getting his game seed back), will really step it up and shadow Ward (or whoever is lined up against Carlos).

I fully expect to see, at least in the first quarter or two, long connections from Ramsey to Patten and / or Moss. I hope to see no INTs, of course.

I'd like to see Campbell in action for at least a quarter. Can't say I know too much about how this guy throws and what his potential is. Thank God this game is televised! I'm leaving work early. Cold beverages await.

:logo:

I expect to see nothing more than 25% of the playbook, bread and butter, limited razzle-dazzle, low-scoring on both sides, 0 turnovers...and none of those things that I don't want to mention because I don't want to jinx anything.

When you see an interesting, not-so-bland play...it's because Gibbs is testing someone or something.

Nationally-televised, Schmationally-Schmelevised...it's still the preseason.

As stated by others, this is going to be a real test for our Oline. I think they will be up to the task.

When they do fail, I just don't want to see Patrick make mistakes.

I think we will see a little bit of the playbook, Gibbs wants us to compete with the better teams, so this is the true test of pre-season.

Washington WRs will bat two good passes in the air, leading to Steelers INTs. Internet coaches who have no access to the game film, or with severe short-term memory issues will immediately post threads about how "terrible Ramsey is" and "why can't Brunell start?"

Brunell will then come in and lead a scoring drive in the early 4th quarter against the local UPS drivers, refrigerator repairmen and movers while completing no deep passes to WRs and will be hailed as the Savior of DC.

Nibbs, given that you made a prediction that turned out to be dead-on prior to last season, I'm sure everyone is waiting to hear the McPimpin prognostication for this year!!

:laugh: Well, that's the thing about repeat performances. Hard to repeat.

I think I'm going to do what I did last year, I've said something a couple times but I want to see the first regular season game to make an evaluation in live and meaningful action. Then I'll take it from there.

Thing is, it's one thing to evaluate a player, especially a QB, another to make some other type of prediction/assessment based on more individuals or the entire team. Trickier.

this is what will happen.

the redskins will fail to get a first down on their first drive and punt.

Rothesberger will throw 2 TD's and 1 Int to ST, Steelers will bench Rothesberger for the night at halftime.

Ramsey will throw 1 TD pass and 2 Int. John hall will kick a 42 yrd field goal giving us a 10-7 lead.

Steelers will use the rushing attack and score.

Steelers-21

Redskins-10

Archived