Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Folks, I saw a playoff team tonight(Bengals,Steelers,Cowboys,EAGLES! remix)

portisizzle

I think our o-line is playing better and better each week. With that said, timing is a problem. That is what happens when your 2 starters (one being there your whole pro career) suddenly split, and 2 new guys come in. Our offense is still going to have some timing problems early on in the season I feel.

Im also still not impressed with defense, though Springs returning did help, and Rogers looks like he has loads of potential. Our defensive backups though seem to have some problems.

Originally posted by Tommy-the-Greek

The score was 7-7 when the first stringers stopped playing each other.

The Bengals did not score on our starting defense. They were mostly backups.

Unless you saw something I didn't.

Anybody got the tape?

Originally posted by Kevin101

They had fact or fiction on ESPN and the question was will Skins win 8 games? Salisberry said no, they will be lucky to even win 7.

He also said superbowl and redskins in the same sentence last year, I dont trust salisbury.

Originally posted by Ax

Anybody got the tape?

You are correct, Ax. They scored against our second team (mostly).

I saw Ramsey make good decisions most of the time. You can't expect him to make the best decision EVERY time. No QB does that. Let's not forget that Betts just flat dropped the sideline pass, it looked like Patten may have broken his route off too soon on one play, and Moss apparently lost one in the lights. All three of those would have greatly improved Ramsey's stats as well. The naysayers are concentrating too much on the couple of plays he had trouble with. All in all, he looked much better than last week, and signifigantly more comfortable as well.

Mr. S., I agree with most of what you said. I have not felt comfortable with our D yet either, but could not put my finger on it. I think you got it, it's lack of depth. Our second string doesn't tackle near as well, or contain. If several of our starters go down, we could have some problems. We'll see, I guess.

I get tired of hearing people say that Ramsey needs to settle down. F*** that!! He needs to amp it up, and let it rip. He's been too damn hesitant out there. He's a gun slinger, and he needs to be acting like one. From what I've heard about last night, we need to be collectively jumping for joy.

Just maybe, as a team, we finally loosened up a bit last night. We need to be behind Patrick, because if the coach starts second guessing his QB like we fans have, we're going to have on horrible ******* year!! Those of you who've been around at all know what I'm talking about. Those of you booing at the game...way to get behind your team!!

****, **** ****!!! If you've got the arm, I say we should be gun-slinging up and down the field and ***-****, **** a few interceptions here and there. Let our D clean up the mess, but this *****-*** crap on offense has got to stop.

The lesson we learned from last year is that we need to generate offense. 20 points boys!! 20 ******-******* points!!! Keeping our eyes on that goal and off the distractions, it's beginning to happen.

The line is in place, the speed is in place, the arm is in place, so it's time to go ahead and open up the can, and let it set on the counter all season long.

I'm with Portisizzle on this one!:cheers:

Originally posted by Califan007

Since I'm "geo challenged" how are the Skins doing in terms of penalties??...

They are doing so well with penalties that I'm not and nobody is focusing on them. The only one I can remember is Rogers illegal contact penalty.:cheers:

Originally posted by Tommy-the-Greek

Ramsey will be just fine. On a few balls that people are going to say he overthrew the recievers looked like they didn't look for or expected the ball and gave up on the routes or they would have been sure TD's.

Exactly!!!

I didn't go to the game. I listened to it on NFL Field Pass, so it wasn't until this morning that I saw some of the video clips from a link here on ES.

The receivers were NOT going all out when the balls sailed over their heads.

Originally posted by Ax

Anybody got the tape?

Yes the Bengals did score on our starters on there first TD. The next 17 points were against our back-ups. Like I said before it was 7-7 when all of the starters stopped playing each other. We pulled our starting "D" with about 5 minutes to go before halftime.

The chicken Little's make me laugh. How many of you guys actually watched the game? How many were actually AT the game? You act like the final score is the only thing that matters in a preseason game. Well guys the final score in the 2nd preseason game doesn't mean squat.

What really matters is the progress the starters make and what backups are playing well enough to make the team. Right now this "O" is heads and shoulders better then last year at this time. One of our main weapons didn't even play last night.

Portis is going to have an amazing season behind this line. Nemo is going to give us the ability to run the ball into the endzone on short and goal that was seriously lacking last season. We were running the ball at will last night.

If you really look at the playcalling in the first half we totally went away from the run. It was as if Joe knows we can run the ball and he wanted to give Ramsey the extra throws to work on his timing with the receivers. This is one of the things you can do in a preseason game that you wouldn't do in the regular season.

This team is progressing in all areas and the goal isn't to win preseason games. The goal is to get the team ready for the regular season. And we are doing just that.

I am going to post some pictures from last night shortly.

Riggotoni and Ron Jeremy tailgating before the Bengal game

Originally posted by TheSteve

They are doing so well with penalties that I'm not and nobody is focusing on them. The only one I can remember is Rogers illegal contact penalty.:cheers:

Being at the game I was staring at the OL and shifts, they were great, even the 3rd and 4th guys. These team has the potential to be a force this year, the only thing stopping it is stupid mistakes right now.

I loved the fact we were in a 3 WR set the entire time :cheers:

Originally posted by portisizzle

I have been going to Redskins games for about seven years now. Let me just say that we point blank have a gun at QB, our offensive line looks as stiff as I have seen, we have speed galore in our WR sets, our special teams (read Antonio Brown) is going to make some coaches urinate their beds, and Greg Williams is going to put a defense on the field that we will all be proud of.

Look, there are no guarantees in life. But I will tell you this, Gibbs is close. This team just looks different this year. The fact that Gibbs is hunting a$$ to chew should tell you something.

It tells me that the only thing missing is the intangible........

Getting this team to believe in itself and to start playing like champions. Forget the score, this team is evaluating talent.

I got chills tonight......

Can I get an AMEN!!!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

You saw a playoff team? Who, the Bengals? :laugh: Until the Skins first team puts up some solid scoring without turning the ball over against a DECENT team, I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. Still looking for solid, consistent performance from Ramsey and the entire team.

Let's face it, the media types that say we won't win 7 games are looking at existing play and evaulating it, even if it is preseason play. What I have seen (or heard, I listened to the Sirius WJFK broadcast) is not horrible, but I have seen the other team's offense (QB) play better then the Skin's offense. Will we be better come regular season- with the additions of Portis, more solid play from Ramsey (or heaven forbid, Brunell), addition of other players on defense such as Arrington, and hopefully a better offensive playbook? Yes. Will other teams also be better come regular season? Yes. I think this translates into an 8-8 season and no playoffs unless there is a dramatic increase in play from a position such as QB or dramatic improvement in offensive play calling.

Our team is heads above last years team. Until the game film is analyzed we don't know the whole story. Maybe the receiver was supposed to cut up field on the overthrown pass, we don't know. Once the timing gets better I think we'll see a much more productive offense.

Ramsey's poor decisions make us lose games AND discourage his teamates. That's probably why Bett's dropped the ball. If it hurts us fans this bad, imagine what it must do to the pros who are playing with him. I mean going to the playoffs or not can be the difference between financial independance and struggling all their lives for some of these players. It's like they subconsciously want Ramsey to fail.

Forget about what Brunell did or didn't do last year, he was hurt.

As long as Ramsey is our starting quarterback we will remain at the bottom of the NFL.

Archived