Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Folks, I saw a playoff team tonight(Bengals,Steelers,Cowboys,EAGLES! remix)

portisizzle

I have been going to Redskins games for about seven years now. Let me just say that we point blank have a gun at QB, our offensive line looks as stiff as I have seen, we have speed galore in our WR sets, our special teams (read Antonio Brown) is going to make some coaches urinate their beds, and Greg Williams is going to put a defense on the field that we will all be proud of.

Look, there are no guarantees in life. But I will tell you this, Gibbs is close. This team just looks different this year. The fact that Gibbs is hunting a$$ to chew should tell you something.

It tells me that the only thing missing is the intangible........

Getting this team to believe in itself and to start playing like champions. Forget the score, this team is evaluating talent.

I got chills tonight......

no, you didn't see a playoff team tonight. You saw a team that has potential to go to the playoffs. There is a big difference. Most the teams in the league have the potential to go to the playoffs... we are now (finally) one of them. That being said I do think we have a good shot if PR settles in a bit more. Would've been fun to see what adding Clinton would have done.

Originally posted by SittingBull

Bartender, I'll have what he's drinking please!

I am not drinking, thank you.

If there was ever a time to sit back and watch something significant happen to our franchise, it would be now.

Wait until opening day with all the cogs in place.

I guess you had to be there to see what I am talking about.

Portis, I'm not too worried about opening day against the lame Bears. I am worried about Dallas on MNF and what happens after that.

Kevin, as far as wins go, I don't think I can take another sub-.500 season. We're going to have to go 9-7 to make me even remotely happy.

Originally posted by portisizzle

I am not drinking, thank you.

If there was ever a time to sit back and watch something significant happen to our franchise, it would be now.

Wait until opening day with all the cogs in place.

I guess you had to be there to see what I am talking about.

I was there. I know what you mean. So does Joe Gibbs. He knows that the missing piece is to eliminate the turnovers. He's going to make that happen, one way or another.

He's going to take a look at the film to determine exactly what happened with each of them, and do whatever is necessary to eliminate them. Extra practice, modifying plays, eliminating plays, changing personnel. He will do what ever it takes.

The last on the list won't happen unless the interceptions continue into the regular season. But if they do, he will make a personnel change.

And no, he's not going to take out his starting QB because he's making costly mistakes and then put in a rookie. That won't happen.

Let me review for all you drunks in this thread.

Ramsey has a gun.

Our O line has the potential to be top 5 in the league.

Our WR's create separation.

Greg William is the man and will have our D together.

Antonio Brown is fffffffffast.

Gibbs has his foot firmly planted up Ramsey's a$$ right now. Which is exactly what will end this streak of poorly timed ints.

Ramsey has a gun.

Gibbs has his foot firmly planted up Ramsey's a$$ right now. Which is exactly what will end this streak of poorly timed ints.

Sorry...this team is just hard to picture in the playoffs...we seem to have most of the pieces...but we at least need an average quarterback. As much as i want them to be a playoff team they obviously got things to work on and the season is getting closer.

Originally posted by Kevin101

They had fact or fiction on ESPN and the question was will Skins win 8 games? Salisberry said no, they will be lucky to even win 7.

:wtf: does he know? He's an :moon: wipe. I can't stand that :puke:. He has never been kind to us, that I can recall. He sucks :pooh: from a camels :moon:. He needs to :stfu: before he gets :nutkick:.

:logo:

Ramsey has a gun.

Agreed. That TD pass was B-E-A-Utiful.

Agreed again. They opened HUGE holes on the outside for the RBs. The O-line continues to be solid. They had a few mental errors tonight, but overall, they still had a pretty good game.

Our WRs can not only create separation, they can catch the ball. Patten really impressed me tonight. He & Ramsey seem to be hooking up well together so far.

Yeah, let's not forget that MOST people had our defense pre-ranked anywhere between 15 & down. Only a few of US said that they would be ranked top 10 last year & even fewer of US said top 5. I was laughed at in a thread by someone (I can't remember who at this point) saying that I was nuts for thinking that our D would be top 5. Ah-hem. Needless to say, I'm not worried about our defense either.

Which one of them WASN'T? :movefast:

I think Gibbs has a firmer grip on this offense than most give him credit for. To me, & I'm no scholar, but to me, it looks as though the guys buy into the system. They believe in what Gibbs is doing. And they are trusting him. They work hard & they seem to click really well together. Now, I think it's just a matter of learning the system til you know it...in your sleep. I think Ramsey knows it, but now it's a matter of putting it into practice. It'll happen.

I think we'll explode against Dallas in week 2. It'll be a blowout. Redskins 41, Cowboys 3. Oh yeah!

:wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd:

I just got home from the game.

I will post my thoughts tomorrow since I am too tired to go into detail right now. I can briefly sum it up by saying the "O" line was run and pass blocking better then any game I have seen in a long time. This line is going to be special.

The score was 7-7 when the first stringers stopped playing each other.

Ramsey will be just fine. On a few balls that people are going to say he overthrew the recievers looked like they didn't look for or expected the ball and gave up on the routes or they would have been sure TD's. He just seems to need some more time to connect/gel with his new recievers. When they are on the same page this "O" is going to be scary. The little guys can get alot of seperation.

I do think we need atleast one big reciever on the field when we are in the red zone. If we clean up the mental mistakes this team can go deep in the playoffs. There I said it.;)

Originally posted by Kevin101

They had fact or fiction on ESPN and the question was will Skins win 8 games? Salisberry said no, they will be lucky to even win 7.

well if a former 3rd string qb says we're going to win 6 games well than it MUST be true.. he's never been wrong before

salisberry said we would be lucky to win seven games. i know what im basing my bet on, that guy is never wrong. i mean, just his intelligence on football. he's like 3 times the peyton manning of football analysts. once he says something, it automatically comes true.

The foundation is there for playoff run this season just have to smoothe out a couple of bumps.We have jack rabbitts at wr's , dirtbags for for OL ,rocket launcher at QB , Stud rb , A defense that is just nasty, specials teams that play with speed and pride, and oh by the way a HALL OF FAME COACHING STAFF.Makes you proud to be a Skin fan.

Archived