Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Folks, I saw a playoff team tonight(Bengals,Steelers,Cowboys,EAGLES! remix)

portisizzle

When Ramsey stops making the boneheaded critical mistakes, we're in the playoffs, period. I've watched both games. If you want to know the type of fantastic offense Gibbs has tweaked and put together, all you have to do is watch Brunell run it. No, I'm not saying start him. I'm saying, you can judge the new offense and how successful it can be by watching him. It's a thing of beauty when a consistent QB is running it.

Ramsey will succeed if he just calms down, plants his feet and stops throwing into double coverage.

portisizzle,

I could not agree with you more. I had your thoughts exactly.

I just get mad when some people on this board act like its the end of the world when we lose a preseason game. First of all, 75% of our plays atleast were passing plays. The centerpiece for our offense didn't even play (Clinton Portis). How can you judge a game on that? Our passing plays were great except for a few select interceptions...

The point is, there was great potential. Our O-Line looked 100% better, we have good back-up RBs, and Ramsey looked better than last year.

To all the negative people around here, please, shut up.

Thank you.

-PortisFan101 :helmet:

Originally posted by Bat~man

lol we didnt even win the game ...

Preseason is not all about winning the game. Go to Redskins.com and have a listen to Greg Williams. I think he puts the preseason in proper perspective.

In case you choose not to listen to the man himself. Let me summarize. They are evaluating talent.

Originally posted by power8951

Ramsey's poor decisions make us lose games AND discourage his teamates. That's probably why Bett's dropped the ball. If it hurts us fans this bad, imagine what it must do to the pros who are playing with him. I mean going to the playoffs or not can be the difference between financial independance and struggling all their lives for some of these players. It's like they subconsciously want Ramsey to fail.

Forget about what Brunell did or didn't do last year, he was hurt.

As long as Ramsey is our starting quarterback we will remain at the bottom of the NFL.

:doh:

Ok, negativity & stupidity should never mix. It's like drinking & driving. You're bound to kill someone.

you negative people amaze me....its preseason, damn. you act like your house burned down with the rest of your family inside. wtf? when it counts watch ramsey light it up. its preseason, he knows his starting job is in the bag so why not f*** around and see what happens throwing into double coverage? just have a little bit of faith. im surprised you guys arent patriots fans by now you big bag of downers

From the portions of the game I saw.....Patrick threw some pretty incredible passes and some pretty bad "ducks".

I was just impressed that somebody threw for over 150+ yards for the Redskins, but still had a solid running performance from Betts, Rock and Nemo....

Sure there are a ALOT of things to improve on, but they look better (helluva lot better) than they did last year at this time.

Remember last preseason, nobody could hit a pass it seemed like and the running game was minimal as well......

Originally posted by chree

you negative people amaze me....its preseason, damn. you act like your house burned down with the rest of your family inside. wtf? when it counts watch ramsey light it up. its preseason, he knows his starting job is in the bag so why not f*** around and see what happens throwing into double coverage? just have a little bit of faith. im surprised you guys arent patriots fans by now you big bag of downers

:laugh: Don't sugarcoat it for them. Tell them what you really think! :laugh: :thumbsup:

I saw some very good things last night and some very bad things last night. All I'll say is this: every year we say the skins look like a playoff team and the naysayers are nuts. So far we've all been nuts.

That said, what the hell -- I say we go 14-2. It's so much more fun being an optimist.

After reading some comments I realize my post against Ramsey was a little extreme. I'm new to this board thing. Next time I'll try to wait until I calm down before posting.

I'll also give PR the benefit of the doubt until the bye week since so many longtime fans still believe in him.

I love this team!

After reading some comments I realize my post against Ramsey was a little extreme. I'm new to this board thing. Next time I'll try to wait until I calm down before posting.

I'll also give PR the benefit of the doubt until the bye week since so many longtime fans still believe in him.

I love this team!

:cheers: Good post!

I don't know what their plans are for this Friday's game against the Steelers. The Steelers obviously have an excellent defense, so whatever the Redskins decide to work on during this game, it will be a good test. The Redskins may continue to over emphasize the long ball to get the kinks ironed out. Maybe they'll work on run blocking more during this game. They'll know, we won't. I can guarantee that there will be an emphasis on zero turnovers!

I like your idea of waiting until the bye week. When the real season starts the goal will be to win games. If the bad decisions resulting in turnovers are there then, during a game with a full game plan geared specifically toward defeating the opponent, then I will also be worried that Ramsey isn't going to get over the hump.

But I do strongly believe that Joe Gibbs is committed to winning games, when they count. I think that he stuck with Brunell last season because he saw in the first Giants game, and in practices afterward, just how far from ready Ramsey was at that time. This year he knows what he has in Ramsey and knows what he has in Brunell. If and when he feels that Brunell gives the team the better chance to win, he'll put him in. The fact that he has not shows me that he feels that Ramsey's mistakes are correctable, and that he feels that Ramsey gives the Redskins the best chance to win.

KMac,

Exactly. Take last season. All they need was remove the turnover plague, install a more confident Ramsey, and have Jansen on the line and we would have been in the playoffs.

Yea, that sounds like a lot. But really, is it? I don't think so. Which is why I am so confident going into this season. This year is not about coaches "getting comfortable" with players. It is not about finding missing pieces to the puzzle. THIS YEAR is about fine tune and tweak.

Furthermore if I am right, take a peek at the schedule. We play some real good teams this year. When we do go into the playoffs it will not be by mistake. This team will have earned it. We will go into the playoffs KNOWING we can beat elite teams in the league.

Juice is flowing baby. Juice is flowing!!!!

Archived