Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possitive attitude

GRiggs

to all of us homers, this should be taken as a promising sign.

Quarterback Patrick Ramsey got a chance to review film of his performance in Saturday's game. "Other than one throw, I felt like I had a solid game,"

I found it really encouraging that our QB is not freaking out about Friday night's game. The ability to shake off a rough outing is definately a plus for a sucessfuly qb.

It's humorous to me how people find a way to make excuses for Ramsey.

"Oh, without that one INT, or without that one sack, blah blah."

How can it be considered SOLID if it didnt happen, is this some dream world where we don't count what ACTUALLY happened in the game?

And what is with the whole discounting pre-season?

These guys are all out there trying to compete for their JOB. Why does one guy get a free pass to make mistakes?

Originally posted by illone

How can it be considered SOLID if it didnt happen, is this some dream world where we don't count what ACTUALLY happened in the game?

These guys are all out there trying to compete for their JOB. Why does one guy get a free pass to make mistakes?

Thank you, I was just about to type that but you summed it up nicely. I can't stand it when people say "well if he didn't throw his pick, his stats would have been..." or "if it wasn't for that missed block, he would have had more time to throw..." I used to make those excuses, then I realized what I was doing: Finding reasons to get excited about piss poor play.

I can't wait to hear someone say..."Hey, Ramsey's rating last year would be better if he didn't throw half those interceptions and we would have been in the playoffs!" :doh: Lotta good that does! :doh:

Seriously, I am so sick of the excuse making. I guess this is what over a decade of losing does to a fanbase.

Actually, a decade of losing can make you pessimistic and depressed--so you see the glass as half empty (or totally empty), when we're only at the first preseaaon game.

As sick as you are of excuses, I'm sick of endless doom-and -gloom. Sure, I see the world through Burgundy and Gold glasses. But don't mistake your pessimism for clarity. It's AUGUST 16th!

Originally posted by jwsleep

Actually, a decade of losing can make you pessimistic and depressed--so you see the glass as half empty (or totally empty), when we're only at the first preseaaon game.

As sick as you are of excuses, I'm sick of endless doom-and -gloom. Sure, I see the world through Burgundy and Gold glasses. But don't mistake your pessimism for clarity. It's AUGUST 16th!

I don't think my attitude is gloom and doom. I'm excited to see our new receivers, I'm excited for our revamped offensive line, i'm excited to see Gibbs in his 2nd year back, I'm excited to see our defense play again with LaVar back...

you could call my attitude one of slight trepidation. and using the previous seasons as evidence i'm sure you can see why i feel this way.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

Thank you, I was just about to type that but you summed it up nicely. I can't stand it when people say "well if he didn't throw his pick, his stats would have been..." or "if it wasn't for that missed block, he would have had more time to throw..." I used to make those excuses, then I realized what I was doing: Finding reasons to get excited about piss poor play.

I can't wait to hear someone say..."Hey, Ramsey's rating last year would be better if he didn't throw half those interceptions and we would have been in the playoffs!" :doh: Lotta good that does! :doh:

Seriously, I am so sick of the excuse making. I guess this is what over a decade of losing does to a fanbase.

:cheers:

We could make those same excuses for ANYONE on the roster.

Ade Jimoh, he just needs more time in the system, that one year under Spurrier really messed him up so now he needs 2-3 more years of "learning" in order to "forget" what he learned so he can now learn "real" football under Gibbs.

Originally posted by illone

Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep and yep. Couldn't agree with you more. All of us want Patrick to succeed, but not at the expense of the whole team.

I'll take Jeff Bostic's assessment on Patrick's progress or lack thereof over anybody else, considering Jeff just might know what he is talking about. :rolleyes:

If Joe isn't discouraged with PR, then neither am I. There's three more weeks of practice and 3 more pre-season games. Let's see how things develop. That's why they go ahead and play the games instead of just posting the results before the season starts.

I've heard the horrors of Patrick's game and I finally got to watch it yesterday.

The INT was horrible and you can't discount it. It seemed to slip out of his hand and immediately looked like a duck. No excuse, but in fair weather conditions that happens very rarely.

Other than that, i was pleasantly surprised. He seemed to take what the defense gave him and threw catchable balls. Obviously we want him to get the ball downfield more, but one of the major complaints about him before was not checking down to players in the flats- which he did pretty well.

If some people re-visit the game tape, they might notice a lot more positives.

But what worries me about Ramsey, and I haven't really seen anyone mention this on here, is that his interceptions are just so BLATANT. like, they're never a result of a DB making a good play or something, they're usually right TO the guy on the other team. it just means to me that ramsey is making poor decisions, telegraphing his passes or trying to be a gunslinger, like only favre can be.

that, combined with the fact that he has happy feet and pats the ball, always checks down...look, i'm rooting for him, he's a likeable guy, a hard worker, people seem to like him...but it just makes me nervous, thats all.

I find It hard to root for Ramsey.I did that for the last three seasons and i have had enough.I just don't feel that he will be sucesfull in the short or long run.But if I'm wrong ,then i will eat every bit of the crow being shoved back into my face.Man I love my skins,i just want to know the feeling of being a winner again.It's been to long.

I like Ramsey (if nothing else, for his toughness)- but I will have had my fill if he doesn't show something this year. I'm tired of losing. Losing to the Cowgirls, losing to the Smeagles, and missing the playoffs!! Richie P., Norv ball, Marty ball, Spurrier ball all have one thing in common = LOSING!!! Com'on JOE - Take us back to where we belong!

Originally posted by CEJ2200

I like Ramsey (if nothing else, for his toughness)- but I will have had my fill if he doesn't show something this year. I'm tired of losing. Losing to the Cowgirls, losing to the Smeagles, and missing the playoffs!! Richie P., Norv ball, Marty ball, Spurrier ball all have one thing in common = LOSING!!! Com'on JOE - Take us back to where we belong!

I'm pretty sure he will.

Originally posted by CEJ2200

:cheers:

Archived