Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First (5) games?

JLMRacing

I think the first 5 games will make or bust the Skins season.

September 11

vs. Bears

September 19

@ Cowboys

October 2

vs. Seahawks

October 9

@ Broncos

October 16

@ Chiefs

If the Skins go 0 & 5: Ramsey was a bust and we look forward to Next year and new QB Campbell (6 &10 or 7 & 9) at best.

If the Skins go: 1 & 4 Ramsey was replaced and still are looking for answers(but still have a chance to be 8 & 8)

If the Skins go: 2 & 3 Ramsey is just mediocre but Gibbs is still hanging with hope he comes out of his shell. (9 & 7) with outside chance at a wildcard spot.

If the Skins Go: 3 & 2 Ramsey is coming around and is starting to feel more confident along with Gibbs.(9 & 7) with a good chance at a wildcard spot.

If the Skins go: 4 & 1 Ramsey & OL are looking good except for the Dallas game, but have won 3 straight games and are looking very good to make the playoffs or win the Division.(10 & 6)

If the Skins go: 5 & 0 Ramsey, OL, DF & ST are doing GREAT!!! Skins beat Dallas and are on FIRE

And WIN the Division and do no worse then the NFC championship game. And with little luck added in, go to the Super Bowl!! (11 & 5 )

As you can see I feel like it all falls on Ramsey's shoulders. I hope and keep my fingers crossed he and the Skins do Great !! My final prediction is the Skins will be (3 & 2) in the first 5 games and (9 & 7) overall with a good chance at a wildcard spot.

What do you all think?

9/11 Bears 1pm

9/19 @ Dallas 9pm

9/25 BYE WEEK

10/2 Seattle 1pm

10/9 @ Broncos 4pm

10/16 @ Chiefs 1pm

10/23 49ers 1pm

10/30 @ Giants 1pm

11/6 Eagles 8:30

11/13 @ Tampa 1pm

11/20 Raiders 1pm

11/27 Chargers 1pm

12/4 @ Rams 4pm

12/11 @ Cardinals 4pm

12/18 Dallas 1pm

12/24 Giants 1pm

1/1 @ Eagles

I think the first 5 are pretty tough--at Denver and and at KC back-to-back is the hardest part of the schedule. If we're 2-3 I certianly won't panic--then we have SF and the gints, which we have to take--that's 4-3 after 7. Then the iggles at home--if we win that, it's a bonus: I don't think we're there yet, but we'll see.

So 4-4 at the turn and I'm feeling good.

The next stretch is crucial: we have to beat some of these out of division teams at home and on the road--the schedule looks pretty soft now, but you never know who'll be hot at this time of the year. 3-2 is a must; 4-1 and we're sitting pretty at 7-6/8-5.

Then it's the divsion. If we can't beat the gints and the roids at home, we don't deserve to be anywhere. So hopefully we'll be at 9-6 going into philly; and hopefully either we won't need it or philly won't need it.

9-7/10-6 seems eminently doable this year, at this point.

Of course, we've got to play well, and this starts with Ramsey and the O-line.

But the schedule looks harder early to me, so I'll me optimistic even with a mediocre record early. Of course, if we tank early--well, that would of course suck ass.

We can beat denver at Denver, its not late in the year so the snow wont Hurt us as bad. Champ Bailey wont have a good game against us. Stoppin the run is our strength right with the linebackers we have, and runinng is the broncos strength. We will stall their offense and as for there recivers i think it is safe to say Sean Taylor take care of that for us. Kansis City we will win this game, They complete many deepballs on us and there weak defense will allow us to run the ball effectively and hold on to the ball so there offense won't get on the field.

I think the most important games in the early part of the season are the first three, if we go 1-2, that win MUST be over Dallas. If we do that, we can recover to have a solid season. Games 4 and 5 aren't so important because they're AFC games but we may need to win them to stop a loosing jag. Games 7 and 8 are also must-wins (esp. game 7) if we want to challenge for the division.

Coming out on top after the first five would be good for the team and the fans, and they could keep it going all season long but the one thing that bothers me is the early bye week.

Then again, maybe playing ball every week until the end of the season could be a good thing if they have a nice win streak going.

Originally posted by JLMRacing

If the Skins go 0 & 5: Ramsey was a bust and we look forward to Next year and new QB Campbell (6 &10 or 7 & 9) at best.

If the Skins go: 1 & 4 Ramsey was replaced and still are looking for answers(but still have a chance to be 8 & 8)

If the Skins go: 2 & 3 Ramsey is just mediocre but Gibbs is still hanging with hope he comes out of his shell. (9 & 7) with outside chance at a wildcard spot.

If the Skins Go: 3 & 2 Ramsey is coming around and is starting to feel more confident along with Gibbs.(9 & 7) with a good chance at a wildcard spot.

If the Skins go: 4 & 1 Ramsey & OL are looking good except for the Dallas game, but have won 3 straight games and are looking very good to make the playoffs or win the Division.(10 & 6)

If the Skins go: 5 & 0 Ramsey, OL, DF & ST are doing GREAT!!! Skins beat Dallas and are on FIRE

And WIN the Division and do no worse then the NFC championship game. And with little luck added in, go to the Super Bowl!! (11 & 5 )

As you can see I feel like it all falls on Ramsey's shoulders. I hope and keep my fingers crossed he and the Skins do Great !! My final prediction is the Skins will be (3 & 2) in the first 5 games and (9 & 7) overall with a good chance at a wildcard spot.

What do you all think?

Here's what I think:

You seriously just said that if we start out the season 0-5, we'll win MORE games over the last 11 than if we start out 5-0.

If we start out 0-5, we'll go 7-4 to close out the season!

But if we start out 5-0, we'll only go 6-5 down the stretch.

Yeah, that makes sense!

If the Skins Go: 3 & 2 Ramsey is coming around and is starting to feel more confident along with Gibbs. (9 & 7) with a good chance at a wildcard spot.

Didn't know the NFL changed playoff tiebreakers to "How you did in your first five games"

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

I'd have to agree...going 5-0 is usually good, going 0-5 is usually bad. ;)

yea and I think if we end up starting out 12-0 we have a good chance of going to the super-bowl......however, if we start our 0-7 then making it into the playoffs is going to be near impossible....however if we start out 0-7 and then finish up around 1-15 I think we will probably end up with the first pick.......so in conclusion......if we start out 16-0, we will probably be heading to the Super Bowl! If we start out 1-15 then we will probably end up getting Reggie Bush!! ;)

Honestly, at the moment, my feelings are that we are not a 5-0 team starting out. Even if we managed to have 5 wins after 5 games, I think it would be because we managed to "not lose" the game, as supposed to just outplaying the opposition. I know, a win is a win right?

Still, I see 2-3, or 3-2. The Bears will be a tough game cuz they match our speed with speed defensively, but we'll come out on top cuz I dont see Chicago threatening our defense. Shanny reminds me of Norv in a way - although they can put together effective gameplans, they tend to be predictable. You can count on Shanny to try and stretch and run, create cutback lanes, then bootleg and look to Lelie deep. Greg shouldn't have to much trouble containing them. Beating Dallas at Dallas will be a tall order because well, they're Dallas. I like the matchup of our D vs Drew the Statue, and the potential for big plays with our speed vs a secondary that may be overly aggressive, but we can never seem to seal the deal against Big D Beating the Chiefs at KC will be an even taller order. Those will be our 2 losses,

Chicago should be a very winnable game for us, since I don't think they have enough to beat us. I would have been more nervous later in the season with them, since they may get it together by midseason.

The first Dallas game is going to be big for getting over the hump. If we win that one, it is probably going to take a lot of pressure off us and give us some confidence going into the bye week. If not, it is going to make the next three games all the tougher.

One thing I know, we are going to find out a lot about our team early. I hope they are up to the challenge.

Jason

September 11

vs. Bears

This game depends on our D and special teams. That is how we won it last year. The Bears will try to run the ball and going by what we did last year we are going to stop them cold. I think we can run against their D a little and their secondary we can get a few completions because I don't think they have the speed to stop Moss and Patten with Cooley comming underneith.

IMO fairly easy W

September 19

@ Cowboys

I am very glad we are getting the boys so early because no way their D with the rookies will be up to par, or at the very least they will make mistakes. WE MUST take advantage of those mistakes with our running game and short passing game, because I believe these rookies will focus on this and we can hurt them with the deep ball. In otherwords its up to our offense to win this game. Our D will have a huge game and we can bet we are going to get a couple of turnovers.

IMO tough W by us but we pull it off because of Dallas D.

October 2

vs. Seahawks

After seeing them against Dallas last year and the playoffs seriously I just don't know what this team has that can even match up with us. Their strength, running, is going agianst our strength in D so lets say a wash, their passing game will suck after ST and Bowen makes a couple of their receivers pay (talk about the drop ball and alligator arms) and their D will not be able to stop our running game (see what Jones did last year).

IMO perhaps the easiest win by us in the first 5 games.

October 9

@ Broncos

Up to our D. We must stop the run and contain Plummer. IMO we lose this one barely but with a solid game from PR we can pull it off.

October 16

@ Chiefs

Up to Portis but let me tell you Ramsey will have his best game of the season against that secondary. I mean if he connects with Patten or Moss no one in that secondary can catch either from going downtown. All our D has to do is bend and don't break. Another W for us.

All in all we go 4-1, with a little luck we can go 5-0 with things going real bad I say we go 3-2. We realy have to play as bad as we did with the Giants (first game), Browns and Ratbirds, in otherwords give the game away to go worse than 3-2 and last time I checked Brunell was not starting.

I agree that we'll find out about our team early but I think that we need a decent start this year to keep momentum and morale at a high level. We have to at least win a couple of games otherwise we'll have some serious pressures on the team.. eg. players sick of losing and wanting to leave, media questioning gibbs and his offense, criticism of snyder..

No more heartbreaks against Dallas. 2005 is the season they will end. We will sweep them this year, win at least 1 against NYG (we might drop the other game because for some reason Gibbs' teams never well against NYG), and maybe take 1 from Philly. Mark my words :)

Originally posted by AlexRS

No more heartbreaks against Dallas. 2005 is the season they will end. We will sweep them this year, win at least 1 against NYG (we might drop the other game because for some reason Gibbs' teams never well against NYG), and maybe take 1 from Philly. Mark my words :)

I hope you are right ON with this:cheers: BRING ON THE SEASON:point2sky :dallasuck

First 5 games?

I'd say 4-1 or 3-2.

Probably beat: Chicago, Seattle (we always seem to play them well- Ramsey looks good against them)

Probably lose: Dallas (sorry all) @ Dallas is always tough

????: Denver (our D has to play well, Portis a great game and McCants or Dyson will have to step up: Big WRs beat Champ pretty well), KC (need a great D-line and Springs/Harris/Rogers performance)

Archived