Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Clinton catch a 100 passes in 05?

boobiemiles

We are very thin at Wide Reciever this year folks. Honestly the QB situation isn't the one that scares me the most, it's Moss going down with an injury. That's why for the life of me, I've been trying to rationalize why we didn't pick Mike Williams 9th and Marlin Jackson 25th. But that's water under the bridge now I guess. I can only hope Gibbs has his eye on Koren Robinson after he does his 12 step program, or some other wiley vet, i.e McCardell. It got me thinking about how important our back field is going to be this year. I looked up CP recieving stats, and here they are:

2002 Denver Broncos 16 12 33 364 11.0 66 2 3 1 16

2003 Denver Broncos 13 13 38 314 8.3 72 0 3 1 10

2004 Washington Redskins 15 15 40 235 5.9 18 2 0 0 10

You see the steep drop off he had with us, ouch. But in Denver he was dangerous as a reciever. He had longs of 66 and 72 yards. Compare that to LaDanian Tomilinson:

2002 San Diego Chargers 16 16 79 489 6.2 30 1 2 0 20

2003 San Diego Chargers 16 16 100 725 7.3 73 4 5 2 26

2004 San Diego Chargers 15 15 53 441 8.3 74 1 3 3 16

CP stacks up nicely. Man, it's scary to think what CP could do in the open field. Do you think Joe would try to get CP a 100 catches this year? I don't think it would be something Joe would do, but I think CP could do it.

The eagles seem to utilize the RB dump off very well. That was one of the most frustrating things about watching them this past year. McNabb would bounce around back there with no one open...dump off to Westbrook for a 10 yarder. Man that would just light me up every time.

Generally, the more passes a RB catches, the lower his average per catch will be because he's probably catching a lot of safety valve passes that only get 3-4 yards.

I would think that you could go with a form that would put CP in the slot or on a wing though unless we start in a two back form, we'd lose most of the run threat.

Originally posted by sweet daddy

The eagles seem to utilize the RB dump off very well. That was one of the most frustrating things about watching them this past year. McNabb would bounce around back there with no one open...dump off to Westbrook for a 10 yarder. Man that would just light me up every time.

That is because they are running the West Coast offense. Now with Musgrave we may see some plays in there for Portis like that but in all honesty I would love the bombs we threw in 88 and 91. Man if our OL protects and Ramsey gets time we could with these fast receivers we have :cheers:

Archived