Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Current-Era-Shoulda-Never-Been-Let-Go Skins Team

D'Pablo

As has been typical of the impatient Snyder years, Green was let go all too early. I thought it was clear he had some real talent, just needed more time to develop with a consistent roster.

I would like to submit Rich Gannon into that mold as well. Needed more time with a consistent roster... he flourished when the peices where there.

Originally posted by rteich17

what about just the past 2 seasons?

smoot

Pierce

trotter

Bailey

coles

in all of those postions, we are now weaker. What a bad offseason

Such a pessimist

Shawn Springs more than filled Champ's shoes, I don't know what you were watching.

Pierce is a gigantic question mark. Let me guess, we're weaker at MLB because we don;'t know how well whoever will take over will play... kinda like last year at this time when it became clear that Pierce would have to step in for Barrow and we had no idea how he was going to play..

Coles to Moss. weaker? Maybe, maybe not. the guy DOES have a bad foot everyone seems to forget about, and more importantly, for the weakness we grant at receiver by letting him go, we gain it in team strength in terms of unity, which he certainly was not going to help.

Trotter,, you can't even include him at all since he was replaced by another guy on your list, and by including him and Pierce BOTH proves to me you didn't think too much about this. I mean, we replaced Trotter with a total unknown, and now he's supposedly one of the better MLBs in the NFL.

Smoot is the ONE area there that we may actually be weaker for now, but in due time I believe Carlos Rogers will be every bit as good.

How about the fact that we're stronger in the areas we were weakest in last year.. namely offensive line?

And my pick for guy we should have never let get away is David Akers.

~Bang

Originally posted by Blade

Im surprise that Frank Wycheck was left off this list.... I remember being pissed as heck that we released him. And of course, he goes to a couple of ProBowls for Tenn and is the passer on the Music City Miracle.

Yeah! I was also upset about Frank leaving, you could just tell he was becoming an outstanding TE.:cheers:

Dan Wilkinson- sucked when he was here, even with Gardener beside him

Stephen Alexander- the Grant Hill of the NFL

Darrell Russell- Here for like a couple games and isn't even in the leauge anymore.

Coles- Wasn't a Redskin, I don't care if he wore B&G or not. He was always a Jet

Champ Bailey- Shawn Springs

Jessie Armstead- Marcus Washington

I don't miss any of them

15 years ago this thread would have meant something. With free agency and the salary cap, this is largely a silly discussion.

Only true misses like we had with David Akers are worth the discussion. But for guys like Kalu, how long are we supposed to wait for them to develop while they're taking up a roster spot?

Originally posted by D'Pablo

QB: Trent Green

HB: Stephen Davis

FB: Bryan Johnson

TE: Stephen Alexander

WR: Keenan McCardell

WR: Laveranues Coles

LT: Andy Heck

LG: Ross Tucker

C: Corey Raymer

RG: Ray Brown

RT: ?

LE: Ndukwe Kalu

DT: Dan Wilkinson

DT: Darrell Russell

RE: Kenard Lang

OLB: Sean Barber

MLB: Trotter/Pierce/Smith

OLB: Jessie Armstead

SS: Ifeanyi Ohalete

FS: David Terrell

CB: Fred Smoot

CB: Champ Bailey

Not bad... slow day. Add names if you like.

I don't have enough free time to blow this list to smitherines. There is a great reason all those guys are gone or in some cases left and came back. Stephen Davis? Dude rushed fro like 26 yards in the biggest game of his life! David Terrell. Are you kidding me!?

With regards to this thread, why are you looking backwards?Focus on the challenge which lies ahead. Focus. Ahead. Please. :doh:

Originally posted by Bang

Such a pessimist

Shawn Springs more than filled Champ's shoes, I don't know what you were watching.

Pierce is a gigantic question mark. Let me guess, we're weaker at MLB because we don;'t know how well whoever will take over will play... kinda like last year at this time when it became clear that Pierce would have to step in for Barrow and we had no idea how he was going to play..

Coles to Moss. weaker? Maybe, maybe not. the guy DOES have a bad foot everyone seems to forget about, and more importantly, for the weakness we grant at receiver by letting him go, we gain it in team strength in terms of unity, which he certainly was not going to help.

Trotter,, you can't even include him at all since he was replaced by another guy on your list, and by including him and Pierce BOTH proves to me you didn't think too much about this. I mean, we replaced Trotter with a total unknown, and now he's supposedly one of the better MLBs in the NFL.

Smoot is the ONE area there that we may actually be weaker for now, but in due time I believe Carlos Rogers will be every bit as good.

How about the fact that we're stronger in the areas we were weakest in last year.. namely offensive line?

And my pick for guy we should have never let get away is David Akers.

~Bang

On the mark Bang! Plus Darrell Russel is on his list. I think he meant Darrell Gardner who arguable was the top D tackle we've had here in quite some time. Unfortunately, Gardner also had a ton of baggage and has done jack squat since he left. Lastly, Shawn Barber would not start on the 2005 team.

QB: Trent Green agree :(

HB: Stephen Davis - had one more great year, but is toast now.

FB: Bryan Johnson BFD... Larry Centers was a much bigger loss

TE: Stephen Alexander -too brittle, only stayed healthy one year

WR: Keenan McCardell - huge loss at the time, but he's on his last legs now

WR: Laveranues Coles - :(

LT: Andy Heck - We got the last 2 good seasons out of him before he was sent out to pasture, so I'm not sure why he's on this list.

LG: Ross Tucker BFD...

C: Corey Raymer :puke:

RG: Ray Brown Bummer, but he is back with us. Why our front office didn't sign him 2 years ago instead of giving up a draft pick for the useless Brendan Stai...:doh:

RT:

LE: Ndukwe Kalu Eh.... he's never been that great.

DT: Dan Wilkinson Probably should've hung on to him for one more year.

DT: Darrell Russell WTF? He got cut by Tampa after we let him go, and is probably flipping burgers now.

RE: Kenard Lang - decent but not great. Didn't want to stay here

OLB: Sean Barber - Bummer we didn't keep him, but Washington is a far far better player.

MLB: Trotter/Pierce/Smith

OLB: Jessie Armstead - He was done when we let him go.

SS: Ifeanyi Ohalete - Way too slow

FS: David Terrell - WTF? We've got almost half a dozen DBs on the roster better than this loser. Good ST player, but that's it.

CB: Fred Smoot - :( It hurts seeing Smooty in Purple.

CB: Champ Bailey - He can take his $18m SB and be happy. Springs is better, though he likely he only has a couple years left.

Originally posted by denverdan

Brian Davis & Brad Edwards. Sometimes I wake up at night calling out their names.

You must be hungry for toast at night. ;)

(Not so much for Brad, but Brian couldn't cover Nate Newton.)

Larry Centers being cut by Marty is something I will never understand.

Green was a free agent after the 1998 season. We tried to re-sign him, but the Rams offered more money.

As a result we traded a first and third rounder in 1999 draft and a second in the 2000 draft. The Vinkings picked Daunte Culpepper that year. Culpepper spent the first year sitting behind of all people: Jeff George.

The steroids issue made the team leery on keeping Wycheck.

:logo:

Archived