Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Current-Era-Shoulda-Never-Been-Let-Go Skins Team

D'Pablo

Originally posted by Tarhog

According to NFL.com stats, Mcardell was a Skin in 1991 (his rookie year), although our own player database doesn't list him and he has no actual stats that year. Was he injured and traded maybe? Or just plain dealt? I must have wiped that from my memory.....

Here it is:

1992: Signed by Browns on March 24 as Plan B free agent ... Released on Sept. 1 and re-signed to practice squad two days later ... Activated Oct. 6 and released Oct. 13, then re-signed to practice squad following day ... Activated on Nov. 14, then released Nov. 19 and again signed to practice squad next day ... Activated again Dec. 26 for season finale ... Played in two games, both against Pittsburgh ... Caught one pass for eight yards.

1991: Missed his entire rookie season with Washington Redskins because of knee injury and was placed on injured reserve on August 20 ... Redskins won Super Bowl XXVI that season and he received Super Bowl ring ... Originally selected in 12th round of 1991 NFL Draft, 326th overall pick and 45th of 46 wide receivers drafted.

About as current as McCardell

Art Monk

Brian Mitchell

Frank Wycheck kicked some serious 4ss for the REDSKINS from the H-Back position on madden '94. He could run the ball, he could catch, he could throw the option, and he was money on the screen and every once in a while he would even catch a bomb, pretty much unstoppable.

----------------------------------

Stephen Davis

Trent Green

Kalu/Akers

Bryan Johnson

Im surprise that Frank Wycheck was left off this list.... I remember being pissed as heck that we released him. And of course, he goes to a couple of ProBowls for Tenn and is the passer on the Music City Miracle.

I liked Kenny Watson

I thought Derek Smith was a beast, dude was always around the football, solid tackler.

Marvcus Patton, awesome.

Larry Centers was a valuable dude if used correctly...he could do alot of things for you...intangible man or something.

Trent Green...man. could have had a franchise QB.

Yeah, the list is weak because I looked for guys still in the NFL. Otherwise I would gladly change the majority of those names. That's why it's called "current era." Good god it was tough trying to find offensive lineman and defensive tackles outside of Wilkinson (who produced when he was cut). I guess we've held onto the good ones. I had the toughest time putting Tucker, Coles, Russell, Terrell (got better when he left), and Bailey on that list because they were either whiny b!tches or didn't really produce. BTW, anyone know of any good tackles the skins had that still play? I'm not even sure if Andy Heck is still in the league. Last I heard, he was playing for the Raiders.

I like Wycheck, Centers and Lang. We never should have traded for Brad Johnson from Minnesota. If we had kept our pick we could have Daunte Culpepper. Yes hindsight is 20/20 but the crop of qb's in the draft that offseason was the best in recent memory. I remember hearing about the trade on espn and they mentioned Brad Johnson had elbow or shoulder problems. He had a great first season but was it worth giving up a possible franchise player in the draft for someone who was with us for 2 years?

The Trent Green thing piss'd me off then, and pisses me off even more now. Here's this guy who had been riding the bench for us for three years. Redskin home-grown!! He looked awesome during preseasons, and when the time comes and he gets his chance (98 I think) he comes in and shows good mobility, and chunks a bunch of td's ..with MUCH less than favorable protection. You remember! So I'm thinking at long last "We've found our man!"

This is the way it's supposed to be done. The same way that Thiesman waited his turn behind Kilmer and Sonny. But then Puff, he was gone. WTF. BUT even before that, there were an element of fans who actually favored the 3rd string QB Green, during the Gus/Heath controversy. You remember that also! All this does is reconfirm that Turner was the worse judge of talent, ever, in the history of man. Offensive genius my, :moon:

Originally posted by rteich17

what about just the past 2 seasons?

smoot

Pierce

trotter

Bailey

coles

in all of those postions, we are now weaker. What a bad offseason

I was glad to see Coles and Champ go. Trotter would not have been a good fit in Williams defense. Smoot got overpaid. The only one I wish we had kept was Pierce, but I understand why the team did what it did under the circumstances.

Archived