Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would the Redskins be better off without Joe Gibbs and Sean Taylor?

Who is the best coach in the Super Bowl era?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best coach in the Super Bowl era?

• Bill Belichick
    • Vince Lombardi
    • Chuck Noll
    • Don Shula
    • Bill Walsh
    • Joe Gibbs

Apparently that's what the majority of people in Hampton Roads thinks. That question was posted last week on ESPN Radio 1310's website. I didn't bother even voting because I thought it was a stupid question. How in the hell would we be better off without a HOF coach? I was listening yesterday and they said that over 30% of the people voted that the Skins would be better off without Both Joe and Sean. Next highest was just without Sean with about 20% of the vote and then came we would be better off with both. Followed by we would be better off just without Joe. I went to the website to get the official numbers but they had already taken it down. I was absolutly stunned when I heard the results and I just thought I would share then with all of you. We talk alot about how the media is against the Skins, but this was a poll voted on by the people of Hampton Roads. I realize that this is primarily a Military area with people coming from all over the US because they are stationed here. So that would mess with the numbers some what as all people that are stationed here are not Skins fans. But this is still suppose to be a Redskins market. They are still considered the "Home" team. All of the negative press has been bothering me but this hurt the most. I can't wait for the Season to begin so we can prove all of these Haters wrong. Go Skins.

:point2sky

That is normally a pretty good fan base down there. What would be the alternatives? Fassel or Denny Green and Winslow, Jr? Based on this, plus the fact still that we are talking about JOE GIBBS, I'd have to say that this is a definitive NO. ST's situation, however it plays out and how he responds, will define him, so that is still a wait and see.

On a sidenote, is that Tony Mercurio guy still on down there. I was never a big fan of his show. Loved to call in and get him fired up about the B&G.

Originally posted by 112row2

That is normally a pretty good fan base down there. What would be the alternatives? Fassel or Denny Green and Winslow, Jr? Based on this, plus the fact still that we are talking about JOE GIBBS, I'd have to say that this is a definitive NO. ST's situation, however it plays out and how he responds, will define him, so that is still a wait and see.

On a sidenote, is that Tony Mercurio guy still on down there. I was never a big fan of his show. Loved to call in and get him fired up about the B&G.

Yeah he is, I can't stand him. They even have him doing the Redskins show during the season. It pisses me off because the guy hates the Redskins. His shows are so boring to me and I have no clue how he has stayed on for the past 19 years. I mean who really gives a crap about ODU Women Field Hockey team? Tony will do a 3 hour show on them.

Originally posted by VaBeachSkinzFan

Yeah he is, I can't stand him. They even have him doing the Redskins show during the season. It pisses me off because the guy hates the Redskins. His shows are so boring to me and I have no clue how he has stayed on for the past 19 years. I mean who really gives a crap about ODU Women Field Hockey team? Tony will do a 3 hour show on them.

I can t believe he is still on. He was a Rams, Kurt Warner fan then (1998-2000). Is he a Brady fan now? You catch my drift. 19 years????thats amazing. I laughed at your reply because he ALWAYS does stories on ODU Women's sports. Madness....

Originally posted by Skindrodamus

I vote that the monitors stop allowing articles like this to be posted (I am quilty as well).

Because the Skins will prove everyone wrong on the field, then they will be getting on there knees and begging for forgiveness from Joe Gibbs.

Well as long as you admit that you are quilty too;)

Like I said before I was just so amazed by the results that I had to post it.

since you couldn't find the poll results and he hates the Redskins do you think maybe he just "made up" the results for his own enjoyment?? Radio guys never do things like that...:rolleyes:

Dear God. :doh: I used to live in Va Beach (only for about a year, tho). There is a huge Redskins fanbase down there. All that salt in the air must be collecting on people's brains or something.

A little off topic, but I had a gf when I was living down there that was...:paranoid:...a die-hard Cryboys fan. One very cold February day, we went outside to smoke a cigarette & she offered me her Cryboys Starter jacket to put on because I was stupid & didn't wear my Redskins coat out. I told her that I would rather freeze to death then wear that trash. Needless to say, we broke up soon after that. :laugh: :dallasuck

The ABSOLUTE WORST sports talkshow host I've ever heard, I can't stand him either. Whether its his obnoxious voice, annoying comments, boring grind to a hault show (constantly talking about meatballs and other stupid local ads), incorrect information, or the worst of all - his discussion topics. That was no joke by VaBeachSkinzFan, this joker talks about women's sports more than anything else. I think he's also the program director, so when I tune in wanting to hear NFL Playoffs or something, I hear frickin ODU Lady Monarchs. :mad: Not only that, but he has no respect for other shows. If he wants to come on an hour or two earlier he does it, regardless if people wanted to hear the show that SHOULD be on. He's such a..... :mad:

I lived in VA Beach for 6 years and had to put up with Tony. I actually went to college with one of his former producers (a great guy), who Tony was always putting down on air. The guy was a little short and slight of build and Tony constantly railed on him calling him (paraphrased) "less than a man” and "little boy". It was rude, not to mention unprofessional. Furthermore, I don't know how many of you have actually seen Tony, but he has no right to be commenting on anyone’s physique.

He's a hater too, no doubt about it. Do what I did - change the channel.

Archived